Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-12-2012, 11:15 AM   #346
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Official 2014 FIFA World Cup Qualifying Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Every opinion he has is because of the teams he likes, Barcelona, Spain and now Manchester City who he adopted because they are successful and because he thought (very wrongly) that they'd knock off Real in the CL. EVERY SINGLE OPINION.

Chelsea plays anti football is retarded, they brought in a bunch of creative young midfielders in order to play a prettier style. They are not defensive minded except when they did so TO BEAT BARCELONA, which i'd like to note that they did. TWICE. In both legs.

CHELSEA DIDN'T PLAY PRETTY! IT DIDN'T COUNT! THEY SHOULD HAVE ALLOWED MESSI TO SCORE FIVE TIME! ID RESPECT THAT! DEFENSE SUCKS! MAN CITY IS GREAT! THEY SHOULD HAVE BEAT REAL! ****ING RONALDO I HOPE HE DIES!

Dude, do you ever stop posting about Chelsea and the "unfair" treatment they get? You sound worst than him and you clearly don't know anything about football so you resort to stupid bickering.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #347
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Russia up 1-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NauruDude
What are the odds on USA crashing out? Could very well happen. Tied on points with Guatemala and Jamaica.

Unlikely, but anything can happen. US has Guatemala and Antigua left so not a difficult finishing duo. Guatemala, however, has the US and Jamaica, don't have to play the Antiguas anymore, and have the toughest finish.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #348
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Dude, do you ever stop posting about Chelsea and the "unfair" treatment they get? You sound worst than him and you clearly don't know anything about football so you resort to stupid bickering.

I've never posted anything except arguing with someone here (the Man U fan) when he complained about Chelsea getting an unfair call. I don't even have one proactive CHELSEA GOT ROBBED post. I don't think we have. But we certainly are not getting favorable refereeing. Does Chelsea play anti football? Do you agree? Does Alenomessi not say Barca and City players are great and all Chelsea players suck? I don't do the opposite. NOT ONE POST.

Don't make me shake my finger at you again.

Avi bet btw? 1 week? the other football?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:10 PM   #349
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
I love him but the fact that you (and others) have him so high in their rankings only now, when he's been playing at the same level since before 2006, is funny, and a bit suspect.
Same goes with Pirlo being in everyone's mouth only now that he's past his prime.
well i guess thats because they are pretty much the best italian players now and are the leaders of their teams
to be honest i never really noticed pirlo that he is so good, maybe because i didnt follow closely milan or maybe because he truly was in the shadow of some other milan stars in the mid 00s like kaka for example

i guess the same could be said for xavi since 08... he was still a great player but not as good as he is considered now, till 08 i never really heard people say he is the best CM... well i guess the change of systems, coaches, players does it... im sure there are still many players that have some talent hiden in them and arent showing their true qualities
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:15 PM   #350
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
I've never posted anything except arguing with someone here (the Man U fan) when he complained about Chelsea getting an unfair call. I don't even have one proactive CHELSEA GOT ROBBED post. I don't think we have. But we certainly are not getting favorable refereeing. Does Chelsea play anti football? Do you agree? Does Alenomessi not say Barca and City players are great and all Chelsea players suck? I don't do the opposite. NOT ONE POST.

Don't make me shake my finger at you again.

Avi bet btw? 1 week? the other football?
Find a post where i said that.

And spell my name correctly for once, are u americans really that illiterate?
Old 10-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #351
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Malta nearly scored on the Czech's

It'd be fun to see the Maltese pull the upset
Old 10-12-2012, 12:37 PM   #352
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer

Agreed.

It's getting annoying...it's like you're looking for a reason to contantly argue with Alen.

The US plays on the road against Antigua today and we'll be without Fabian Johnson, Edgar Castillo, Landon Donovan, Jozy Altidore, Jose Torres and possibly Jermaine Jones. We have no one to play left back with all the injuries and JK for some odd reason decided not to call up our most prolific goalscorers this season. A&B are a weak opponent but they're athletic and know how to bunker + they're playing at home and most of their guys play on the same club. Our best chance to score will probably be a header since the pitch looks pretty shoddy. This is essentially a must win game.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:41 PM   #353
b1imtf
raep tiem

b1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Portugal
b1imtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #354
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi

xavi should be over yaya, otherwise the 'official best 11' list is pretty good

If we're talking how they played last season, then no he should not. If we're talking how great Xavi looked in the first two months, then yes. But over the season, he wasn't better.

The guy who should be ahead of both was Xabi Alonzo, who was easily Madrid's best player last year. He and De Rossi, who was terrific for Roma. David Silva as well.

Iker was better than Hart. Nesta was better than Silva, but whatever. They should have set up 3 in the back, as neither Lahm nor Dani (who Pep even played as a RCB last year) were better than the best CB's last year.

Last edited by Whoah10115 : 10-12-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #355
qrich
King Heno

Czech's scored off a corner but Malta ended up answering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
The US plays on the road against Antigua today and we'll be without Fabian Johnson, Edgar Castillo, Landon Donovan, Jozy Altidore, Jose Torres and possibly Jermaine Jones. We have no one to play left back with all the injuries and JK for some odd reason decided not to call up our most prolific goalscorers this season. A&B are a weak opponent but they're athletic and know how to bunker + they're playing at home and most of their guys play on the same club. Our best chance to score will probably be a header since the pitch looks pretty shoddy. This is essentially a must win game.

What are you talking about? JK invited Alan Gordon, wrap up the World Cup, he's unstoppable.

I'd rather have Omar Gonzales play FWD than invite Gordon, dude just sucks. Hell, even Buddle, Mike Magee, Mike Randolph, Brian McDonald or any other so/so MLS option would have been better. Bring Cobi out of retirement.

But, Alan Gordon

(Watch him make me eat crow and score twice)

But yes, must take all 3 here. The Jamaica v Guatemala game will be huge as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1imtf
Portugal

Russia

Last edited by qrich : 10-12-2012 at 12:44 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:46 PM   #356
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
What's with this De Rossi overrating now?
Just because City wanted to spend big cash on him?

De Rossi is the best DM in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapallaz
It's incredible how little success Belgium has when looking at their players individually.

Hazard, Kompany, Dembele, Chadli, Courtois, Vermaelen, Vertonghen, Fellaini, Witsel, Defour, De Bruyne, Benteke, Lukaku...

Playing Vertonghen at LB, not playing Alderweireld, playing a 4 man defense. They should be playing a 3 man defense, with Kompany as a near 4 CB in front of the defense, with the entire backline free to go up and down, Vertonghen as the free-roam sweeper, Fellaini going box-to-box and maybe Defour or someone else opposite side (not Witsel). The way they're playing...it's a massive waste.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #357
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Russia wins 1-0
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:12 PM   #358
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115

Playing Vertonghen at LB, not playing Alderweireld, playing a 4 man defense. They should be playing a 3 man defense, with Kompany as a near 4 CB in front of the defense, with the entire backline free to go up and down, Vertonghen as the free-roam sweeper, Fellaini going box-to-box and maybe Defour or someone else opposite side (not Witsel). The way they're playing...it's a massive waste.

They have no width, and it's not a problem they can fix. Which player is going to hug the sidelines for them? They don't have any of those. They have no backs, no sidemidfielders and the only wingers they have are guys who play on the wrong side. It's a critical flaw really.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #359
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
They have no width, and it's not a problem they can fix. Which player is going to hug the sidelines for them? They don't have any of those. They have no backs, no sidemidfielders and the only wingers they have are guys who play on the wrong side. It's a critical flaw really.

No it isn't. Their width comes from their attacking players. They don't need SMF's or FB's, WB's, or anything.

---------------------------------Courtois---------------------------------
--------------------------------Vertonghen-------------------------------
---------Alderweireld-----------------------------------Vermaelen---------
---------------------------------Kompany---------------------------------
-----------------Fellaini--------------------------Dembele-----------------
---------------------------------De Bruyne-------------------------------
--------Hazard----------------------------------------------Maartens-----
-----------------------------------Lukaku---------------------------------

You can put Defour in Dembele's place, move Dembele to either De Bruyne's place or erase De Bruyne's spot and put Dembele off the striker (which I still think might even be his best position). You can put Chadli in Maarten's spot, move De Bruyne into Dembele's spot. Even tho I disagree, you can put Witsel in Dembele's spot. You can even move Hazard into De Bruyne's spot and push him up a bit, leaving the wings for Maartens and Chadli or even Dembele in some free role.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:23 PM   #360
alenleomessi

i will be watching macedonia-croatia live btw just entered the stadium, but will be checking belarus-spain on my phone instead, of course, because im an traitor
see ya d*ckheads
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: