Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #466
blablabla

Default Re: Official 2014 FIFA World Cup Qualifying Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
oh and btw where are the guys that said neuer is the undisputed best GK and badstuber is actually a great CB
how do u explain the game today?
judging from one game vintage alenkunaguero
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:21 AM   #467
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Argentina isn't winning the next world cup so i'm thinking that point will be moot.
There is always that chance. And i wouldnt mind if Spain wins it either, it would just make xavi-iniesta the goats at their positions and probably the best duo ever.
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:22 AM   #468
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
judging from one game vintage alenkunaguero
i think we found the first one. hi!
Old 10-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #469
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s

and looks like there was another fight between the serbians and albanians in skopje last night. and supposedly the serbian fans entered the stadium with greek flags
Old 10-17-2012, 09:35 AM   #470
Cherry Picker
I shoot 85 %

Quote:
What happened in the England game that everyone was talking about stopping racism, etc?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Picker
http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos...-v-serbia-u21/
Bet they get a slap on the wrist aswell SMH
Cherry Picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:41 AM   #471
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
There is always that chance. And i wouldnt mind if Spain wins it either, it would just make xavi-iniesta the goats at their positions and probably the best duo ever.
please no spain winning. not again... I actually wouldn't mind Argentina winning, i like how they play, so much talent. I just don't see it honestly. I'd like the semifinals to be something like US or other non European surprise/Spain (give me my moment) and Argentina/Brazil. with Spain against either in teh final. That would be fun.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:44 AM   #472
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Picker
UGH.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:11 AM   #473
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s

Quote:
please no spain winning. not again... I actually wouldn't mind Argentina winning, i like how they play, so much talent. I just don't see it honestly. I'd like the semifinals to be something like US or other non European surprise/Spain (give me my moment) and Argentina/Brazil. with Spain against either in teh final. That would be fun.
excuse me while i

seriously though those three and germany would be the dream semifinals... but of course surprises always happen i expect one middle-tier european country to make the semis again like france ( well not really middle-tier but way past their best ) and another surprise from south america like last time with uruguay
Old 10-17-2012, 10:18 AM   #474
niko
I Run NY.

That Uruguay team was fun. What was the strikers name? With the long hair? Their last ditch effort to come back against Holland? SIck...

I hope we get more teams playing to win games and not just be there. The US last game in the group stage was played against a team that was playing for a tie even though a tie would eliminate them just because they were happy to be there. It's frustrating to watch. So many games were played to not give up the first goal for the first 60 minutes if not more.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:35 AM   #475
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

Quote:
and looks like there was another fight between the serbians and albanians in skopje last night. and supposedly the serbian fans entered the stadium with greek flags

That U21 game was disgusting as well. Racism and fights?
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:47 AM   #476
Grinder

Quote:
That Uruguay team was fun. What was the strikers name? With the long hair? Their last ditch effort to come back against Holland? SIck...

Diego Forlan

Quote:
I hope we get more teams playing to win games and not just be there. The US last game in the group stage was played against a team that was playing for a tie even though a tie would eliminate them just because they were happy to be there. It's frustrating to watch. So many games were played to not give up the first goal for the first 60 minutes if not more.

That is completely false. How in the world did you come up with that? Guatemala had the same points and goal differential as the US. A draw would have secured them a spot in the next round and even a 1 goal loss would have if Jamaica hadn't scored 2 goals after the 80th minute.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #477
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Diego Forlan

That is completely false. How in the world did you come up with that? Guatemala had the same points and goal differential as the US. A draw would have secured them a spot in the next round and even a 1 goal loss would have if Jamaica hadn't scored 2 goals after the 80th minute.

i meant in the world cup group stage, sorry. Our opponent was happy with a tie, a tie which wouldn't have helped them. Not yesterday. We were talking about World
Old 10-17-2012, 11:57 AM   #478
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
i meant in the world cup group stage, sorry. Our opponent was happy with a tie, a tie which wouldn't have helped them. Not yesterday. We were talking about World

What? Are you talking about the WC match against Algeria in which Donovan scored the legendary goal in the 90th+ minute? I don't understand why you are ranting..

If you are talking about that game Algeria was already eliminated and wanted to screw the USA over(many teams do this in the international stage). USA had plenty of chances that match as well and were pretty unlucky up until the 90th minute. I'd rather have a team try to play bunker defense instead of going for the win as it's much easier to get away with points.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #479
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
What? Are you talking about the WC match against Algeria in which Donovan scored the legendary goal in the 90th+ minute? I don't understand why you are ranting..

If you are talking about that game Algeria was already eliminated and wanted to screw the USA over(many teams do this in the international stage). USA had plenty of chances that match as well and were pretty unlucky up until the 90th minute. I'd rather have a team try to play bunker defense instead of going for the win as it's much easier to get away with points.

Yeah, it's lame. Try to win. It's a meaningless game for them except that you have to play it. LETS TIE TO **** SOMEONE OVER WHO IS NOT OUR RIVAL. I don't get it. Win. Score. Play soccer.

You're hilarious btw, Chelsea playing defense to try to win the CL, no good. Algeria doing same to try to get a tie that offers them no benefit, GREAT STRATEGY.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #480
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s

tell me when was the last time a referee wanted to take a photo with a player?

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: