Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-17-2012, 12:58 PM   #481
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Official 2014 FIFA World Cup Qualifying Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
What? Are you talking about the WC match against Algeria in which Donovan scored the legendary goal in the 90th+ minute? I don't understand why you are ranting..

If you are talking about that game Algeria was already eliminated and wanted to screw the USA over(many teams do this in the international stage). USA had plenty of chances that match as well and were pretty unlucky up until the 90th minute. I'd rather have a team try to play bunker defense instead of going for the win as it's much easier to get away with points.
im not ranting, do you search for my posts to whine? I made one comment in one sentence. If someone responds and i answer its a conversation. Give me a break.

I thought its weak to play to tie to **** someone over. If they played to win to **** us over, then yes. WE ARE THE US. WE are not Brazil. Is there glory in a tie against the US?

****ING ALGERGIA! HOW DARE THEY PLAY TO A TIE? THATS WHY THE WORLD CUP SUCKED! THATS WHAT I HATE ABOUT SOCCER. **** THEM! **** EVERYONE! USA USA!

That's ranting. I made a comment. Feel free to disagree, i do listen to others opinions.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:03 PM   #482
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
tell me when was the last time a referee wanted to take a photo with a player?

After every Man U game when the refs celebrate with them in the pub. (IM JOKING, DONT KILL ME...)

You'd like this, often on the weekend we go to the park sunday mornings and their are soccer pickup games. I don't wear a jersey, just a tshirt (plain). Out of everyone else playing, there are like 10 Messi's. Their kids wear Messi. Practice shirts, Argentina, the regular shirt, away jerseys. I'm in Brooklyn in NY. His popularity is amazing. People on the NBA board always talk about the Nets shirts all over, i see more Messi jersey's than Net merchandise.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:13 PM   #483
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Italy has tons of talent. Buffon, De Rossi, Pirlo, will still be great players and starting in 2014. People have to stop looking so far ahead in an effort to presume decline. Also, Barzagli is absolutely not Italy's best defender. Chiellini (who I hate) has been overrated but he's starting to get underrated. Just cuz Barzagli was better than him last season. He is not better than Chiellini and he is not better than Paolo Cannavaro, who will never get called up (meritocracy, I thought?).

Italy's midfield is Pirlo, De Rossi, Marchisio...3 of the best players in the world. Pirlo is the best ever of his kind, while De Rossi is the best DM in the world. They have Giovinco, who can play as the SS, or one of two SS's in a 3man attack, as well as behind the forwards. Plus, everyone is forgetting Rossi, who is a world-class player. If Prandelli would ever get Di Natale a real shot (Di Natale has never had a real shot), he would still be terrific. He should get to play and there should be no interest in his age, as there are other guys available after him.

Italy's defense is not what it was, but they still have legitimate talent there. And their fullbacks are very good. There is always the possibility they play a 3-5-2, in which case some of these players will become more valuable (especially Maggio as the RWB).
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #484
alenleomessi
hey girl

alenleomessi posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryalenleomessi posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

well duh since he is the goat

there are like 5 jordan shoe shops in my city alone
as for jerseys, people are poor to get them, usually wear some shitty ones or old ones from like the 90s- toni kukoc, drazen, divac and such

i bought my first nba jersey few months before lebron joined the heat ( f*ck lol ) paid like 60 euros for it... wore it only like twice... and then my second jersey i bought it in italy i remember i was from school when the heat were leading the finals 2-1 against the mavs.... came back home only to see they are down 3-2 and then to lose the series... didnt wear the jersey for few months...
oh and when i bought my first messi jersey with the number 30 he changed it like immediately to 19
to afraid to buy a blake jersey, he might leave or get a season ending injury again
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:47 PM   #485
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Italy has tons of talent. Buffon, De Rossi, Pirlo, will still be great players and starting in 2014. People have to stop looking so far ahead in an effort to presume decline. Also, Barzagli is absolutely not Italy's best defender. Chiellini (who I hate) has been overrated but he's starting to get underrated. Just cuz Barzagli was better than him last season. He is not better than Chiellini and he is not better than Paolo Cannavaro, who will never get called up (meritocracy, I thought?).

Italy's midfield is Pirlo, De Rossi, Marchisio...3 of the best players in the world. Pirlo is the best ever of his kind, while De Rossi is the best DM in the world. They have Giovinco, who can play as the SS, or one of two SS's in a 3man attack, as well as behind the forwards. Plus, everyone is forgetting Rossi, who is a world-class player. If Prandelli would ever get Di Natale a real shot (Di Natale has never had a real shot), he would still be terrific. He should get to play and there should be no interest in his age, as there are other guys available after him.

Italy's defense is not what it was, but they still have legitimate talent there. And their fullbacks are very good. There is always the possibility they play a 3-5-2, in which case some of these players will become more valuable (especially Maggio as the RWB).

Absolutely. Even when you look far into the future their talent looks great. They have the most balanced pride of youngsters of virtually any country, they just need a couple of years to age.

A country like Italy will never truly take a nosedive in competitiveness anyway. They might not have a title contending team every year, but they always reach at least a base level of quality. They haven't missed a WC tournament since the fifties. It's because their youth at least always receives proper training in football tactics. You can see it in their midfielders especially: guys like Marchisio and Montolivo can be majestic offensive players when they need to be, but you never see them forget about their chores the way you see players of many other national teams. Almost every Italian player is like that.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #486
alenleomessi
hey girl

alenleomessi posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryalenleomessi posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=YS0bcIHu9K0

Old 10-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #487
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this board

Great game last night. Texas (Clint Dempsey) had to bail out the US team again.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:51 PM   #488
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
well duh since he is the goat

there are like 5 jordan shoe shops in my city alone
as for jerseys, people are poor to get them, usually wear some shitty ones or old ones from like the 90s- toni kukoc, drazen, divac and such

i bought my first nba jersey few months before lebron joined the heat ( f*ck lol ) paid like 60 euros for it... wore it only like twice... and then my second jersey i bought it in italy i remember i was from school when the heat were leading the finals 2-1 against the mavs.... came back home only to see they are down 3-2 and then to lose the series... didnt wear the jersey for few months...
oh and when i bought my first messi jersey with the number 30 he changed it like immediately to 19
to afraid to buy a blake jersey, he might leave or get a season ending injury again
bandwagon pos
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:11 PM   #489
alenleomessi
hey girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
bandwagon pos
just a big fan of the player and follow him and watch his games wherever he goes... doesnt mean i cheer for his team though...

and here is a video the u21 serbia-england games, the racist chants towards rose, the red card and the brawl
Old 10-17-2012, 06:32 PM   #490
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
im not ranting, do you search for my posts to whine? I made one comment in one sentence. If someone responds and i answer its a conversation. Give me a break.

I thought its weak to play to tie to **** someone over. If they played to win to **** us over, then yes. WE ARE THE US. WE are not Brazil. Is there glory in a tie against the US?

****ING ALGERGIA! HOW DARE THEY PLAY TO A TIE? THATS WHY THE WORLD CUP SUCKED! THATS WHAT I HATE ABOUT SOCCER. **** THEM! **** EVERYONE! USA USA!

That's ranting. I made a comment. Feel free to disagree, i do listen to others opinions.

lulz, why you mad bro?

The game was played in 2010 and you just brought it out of nowhere and started complaining. Algeria played a defensive strategy because they probably thought that the US would be pushing for the victory as we needed three points to advance with a draw doing us no favor. Also, the defensive approach by Algeria worked in the US favor as Algeria didn't push the tempo and the US was able to dictate the game. We should had scored another 1-2 goals but we were extremely unlucky(I remember Dempsey + Altidore missing some sitters). Why don't you rant about Spain playing with no forwards during the Euros?
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:09 PM   #491
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
lulz, why you mad bro?

The game was played in 2010 and you just brought it out of nowhere and started complaining. Algeria played a defensive strategy because they probably thought that the US would be pushing for the victory as we needed three points to advance with a draw doing us no favor. Also, the defensive approach by Algeria worked in the US favor as Algeria didn't push the tempo and the US was able to dictate the game. We should had scored another 1-2 goals but we were extremely unlucky(I remember Dempsey + Altidore missing some sitters). Why don't you rant about Spain playing with no forwards during the Euros?

I made a comment on the world cup because we are talking about world cup qualifying. I don't like how SPain plays stylistically (it's boring) but i respect it. They are playing to win. Algeria at the end of the game where a win gave them a tiny chance to advance (they were way behind in pt diff) played for a tie to just try to knock out the US. I thought it was lame. I mentioned it because i was thinking about the World Cup and how everyone sat on the ball as opposed to yesterday where everyone was trying to score.

Playing to tie when a win benefits you more in order to screw someone over is not something i respect. Not a big deal.

I mention things more to see what people say. its how i get my info. A lot of the conversation about which midfielder is better from the eastern european teams flies by me and i can't understand it.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #492
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Interesting friendly between Italy and Netherlands tomorrow night.

Italy's projected lineup:

Buffon

Abate -- Barzagli -- Astori -- Santon

Pirlo
De Rossi ---------------- Montolivo

Candreva -------------- El Shaarawy
Balotelli
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:19 AM   #493
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Vamos Honduras!!

Make San Pedro Sula proud!
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:00 PM   #494
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bosnia 3 - 0 Slovenia final score

AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:17 PM   #495
alenleomessi
hey girl

whats wrong with denmark?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: