Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-23-2013, 09:19 AM   #556
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Official 2014 FIFA World Cup Qualifying Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99

I don't really know why we keep our hopes up for football. Association is so corrupted, agents basically pay them to start their players. Scepovic starting striker? I would play better striker than him, not even joking. Tadic, our best midfielder and maybe player in best overall form is on the bench. Ljajic, another good player doesn't play because he doesn't sing the anthem...

It's a shame because you guys produce alot of ****ing talent. Looking at the backline you guys have one of the best in the world on paper.. Ivanovic, Subotic, Nastastic, Kolarov.. Is Stevanovic any good?

BTW, it's crazy how good the former yugo countries are. A team of Croatia-Serbia-Bosnia would be the best in the world(on paper at least)
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:30 AM   #557
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Great result for the US and the other results really help too. Didn't see the game, so can someone who watched tell me how Omar & Zusi did.

One of the craziest games I've ever seen. The second half was literally unplayable with snow up to their ankles so it turned into a game of hoofball.

I thought Zusi was pretty bad. He blew a couple set pieces and couldn't really get any decent touches (unsurprisingly). Gonzo was very good in defense and strong in the air. He played much better than against Honduras. DaMarcus Beasley was awesome in his first competitive game with the US in 3 years.

Last edited by Grinder : 03-23-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:27 AM   #558
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

Beasley was man of the match in my opinion.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #559
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Question for you futbol fans: Is Costa Rica's gripe legit? I know in football it would be unheard-of but in theory I can see how bad snow would screw up a soccer game.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #560
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Question for you futbol fans: Is Costa Rica's gripe legit? I know in football it would be unheard-of but in theory I can see how bad snow would screw up a soccer game.

No. If they wanted to protest they should have done it before the game started. At worst, halftime. They were considering abandoning the match and there was a question of even abandoning the game conclusion of the first half.

Snow didn't help anybody.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #561
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Thank you.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #562
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wow. A game should not go on in that condition. Whatvwas the ref thinking?
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:37 PM   #563
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
It's a shame because you guys produce alot of ****ing talent. Looking at the backline you guys have one of the best in the world on paper.. Ivanovic, Subotic, Nastastic, Kolarov.. Is Stevanovic any good?

BTW, it's crazy how good the former yugo countries are. A team of Croatia-Serbia-Bosnia would be the best in the world(on paper at least)

Ibrahimovic, Dzeko, Pjanic, Modric, Ivanovic, Handanovic, Begovic, Srna, Spahic, Subotic, Tosic, Vidic, Kolarov, Kranjcar, Misimovic, Ibisevic, Olic, Pandev, Kolasinac, Mandzukic, Ignovski, Halilovic, Jovetic, Savic, Noveski, Corluka, Vucinic.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:30 PM   #564
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Oh yes, games are usually postponed for anything more than a tiny film of snow.

Also, don't blame them for complaining afterwards. Postponing the game happens at the discretion of the referee, not the teams. The institutions pretty much always cover the shenanigans of referees though so the result will stand regardless, but the game obviously shouldn't have been.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:52 PM   #565
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

argentina are playing great lately hopefully they dont fall off till next summer

argentina, brazil, spain and germany WC semifinal would be epic.
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:56 PM   #566
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Oh yes, games are usually postponed for anything more than a tiny film of snow.

Also, don't blame them for complaining afterwards. Postponing the game happens at the discretion of the referee, not the teams. The institutions pretty much always cover the shenanigans of referees though so the result will stand regardless, but the game obviously shouldn't have been.

That's exaggerated and the point remains that they should have formed their protest at halftime. FIFA hardly does anything and they often choose the worst times to do it. But I don't see why they'd do this. Costa Rica has nothing to complain about. They lost. Had they gotten a good result they'd be quiet.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:13 AM   #567
sick_brah07
National High School Star

sick_brah07 has decent reputationsick_brah07 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer

i've been saying this shit for so long

peoples arrogance is powerful
sick_brah07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:35 AM   #568
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick_brah07
i've been saying this shit for so long

peoples arrogance is powerful
I think nearly everyone agrees with this, that a Yugoslavian team would be one of the best teams in the world on paper.

I have a feeling though it would be like the dutch, where they're always self destructing and underachieving, because Serbia and Croatia are already doing that every major tournament anyways, and since it's had a national team, Bosnia hasn't lived up to its potential and talent level at all.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:13 AM   #569
Overdrive
Local High School Star

Overdrive is considered somewhat coolOverdrive is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Didn't see the game, so a few questions:

Was there (too much) snow before kick off?
Did the US score while there was just little snow?
Did the pitch start to get full of snow after that?
How much time did it take for the pitch to get "unplayable"?

Basically if the pitch was full of snow before the game and the ref decided to kick off, they can't do anything about it. If the US scored under legal conditions and the Costa Ricans had no fair chance to equalize it might help, but the governing body is pretty passive regarding those things.
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:47 AM   #570
sick_brah07
National High School Star

sick_brah07 has decent reputationsick_brah07 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
I think nearly everyone agrees with this, that a Yugoslavian team would be one of the best teams in the world on paper.

I have a feeling though it would be like the dutch, where they're always self destructing and underachieving, because Serbia and Croatia are already doing that every major tournament anyways, and since it's had a national team, Bosnia hasn't lived up to its potential and talent level at all.

Yeh your right about self destruction, we even do that now with most of our sports.... It's very frustrating knowing when the players show up and play like a team we are up there with the worlds best but then they just switch off or some shit and start blaming each other

A little off topic but djokovic has surprised me with his mentality I was certain that once he got to number one he would fall or slow down. I'm very glad he didn't
sick_brah07 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: