Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #796
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Default Re: Official 2014 FIFA World Cup Qualifying Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Is this a "my **** is bigger than yours" type of argument?

We may be the better squad right now but it's like we are a league ahead of Australia, the gap isn't that big.
The gap between the US football team and Australian football team is huge.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:00 AM   #797
shaq2000
mde

We Are Going
We Are Going
We Are Going To Brazil
We Are Going To Brazil
We Are Going To Brazil
shaq2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:14 AM   #798
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:20 AM   #799
Grinder

Jozy has now scored in his last 4 games for the USA after a year and a half drought. Fabian Johnson is a boss.

USA sits atop the hex with 13 points and all but guaranteed to go to Brazil.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:25 AM   #800
Fallen Angel
Let The Games Begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
The difference is Australia sucks and US is actually good. In the past 4 years we have beaten Spain, Germany and tied Argentina and have been the best CONCACAF team for the past decade. USA finished top of their group in the 2010 world cup which is a higher accomplishment then Australia ever had.

Australia just gets owned by everyone.

2003-2013

Mexico has been in two confederation cups and USA in 1. So please explain to me how USA's been the best team in their continent? lol
Fallen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:01 AM   #801
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Jozy has now scored in his last 4 games for the USA after a year and a half drought. Fabian Johnson is a boss.

USA sits atop the hex with 13 points and all but guaranteed to go to Brazil.

class and skill.

I believe we have a very good chance to get to the round of 16 and to the quarters.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:30 AM   #802
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

I'ts hilarious Australia is celebrating when they had to beat Iraq @ home.... and barely did it 1-0, seriously that's a disgrace they didn't blow them out and they should have qualified way earlier in a piss weak Asian confernce but didn't due to poor results.

Now they act like they are amazing, please they should have never been in such a position in the first place beating a bunch of poverty stricken countries and acting tough, reminds me of what they do in the commonwealth games simply embarrassing. Same thing going to happend like in the last world cup they going to get humilated by any semi decent team I will never forgot when Germany (elite team) ran riot on them for like a 4-0 massacar.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:09 AM   #803
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
2003-2013

Mexico has been in two confederation cups and USA in 1. So please explain to me how USA's been the best team in their continent? lol

So the Confed Cup determines the better side, when the Gold Cup isn't taken as seriously? Plus, your figures are incorrect as the US made the 03 Confed Cup, which would make it two a piece with the US having a runner up finish, and Mexico's best is being ousted in the semi's.

Head to head since 03:
US: 6
Mexico: 4
Draw: 4

Go back to the 02 World Cup, where the US ousted Mexico in the Round of 16, in the biggest match between the two nations. I'd say the US has been the superior side since 03
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:16 AM   #804
Fallen Angel
Let The Games Begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
So the Confed Cup determines the better side, when the Gold Cup isn't taken as seriously? Plus, your figures are incorrect as the US made the 03 Confed Cup, which would make it two a piece with the US having a runner up finish, and Mexico's best is being ousted in the semi's.

Head to head since 03:
US: 6
Mexico: 4
Draw: 4

Go back to the 02 World Cup, where the US ousted Mexico in the Round of 16, in the biggest match between the two nations. I'd say the US has been the superior side since 03

I forgot about the 2003 Confederations Cup. That makes it two a piece. Are you including friendlies? If not, then yes I agree USA has been the best CONCACAF team since 2003.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:55 AM   #805
Fallen Angel
Let The Games Begin

So since 2003 both teams have made the confed twice. After a quick google search I found out 6 of those games have been friendly.

3 wins for the U.S and 3 ties.

Official games head to head:

USA 3
Mexico 4
Draw 1

World Cup qualifiers:

Mexico 2
USA 2
Draw 1

Pretty even. They play again in September, should be an interesting match.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:59 AM   #806
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
I'ts hilarious Australia is celebrating when they had to beat Iraq @ home.... and barely did it 1-0, seriously that's a disgrace they didn't blow them out and they should have qualified way earlier in a piss weak Asian confernce but didn't due to poor results.

Now they act like they are amazing, please they should have never been in such a position in the first place beating a bunch of poverty stricken countries and acting tough, reminds me of what they do in the commonwealth games simply embarrassing. Same thing going to happend like in the last world cup they going to get humilated by any semi decent team I will never forgot when Germany (elite team) ran riot on them for like a 4-0 massacar.

No one here is acting like we are amazing. Everyone is very unimpressed by the way we played but lets face it, we finished exactly where we were expected to. We finished second behind a good Japanese team.

We dont have that much talent. Our only two 'big names' (Cahill and Schwarzer) are far past their prime and our only other good player is Kruse. The Japanese talent blows us out of the water and they just drew with us 1-1 in Japan.

Why wouldn't we be celebrating? We are in the World Cup. For a country with a small population and where soccer/football isnt a very popular sport we are all happy.
B-Easy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:26 PM   #807
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Easy8
Why wouldn't we be celebrating? We are in the World Cup. For a country with a small population and where soccer/football isnt a very popular sport we are all happy.

We should have easily qualifed and it should have been expected, people going way to far with it, it's not like we beat a super talented team like Uruguay(which I think we did prior to the new system). People going way to far with the celebrations I'm sorry but when you are struggling to defeat Oman, Iraq and some other poverty striken/3rd world countries you really don't have a right to celebrate.

I do agree with you, our current level of talent is pathetic but it goes to show what a joke the rest of the Asia region is when it comes to football talent. You don't see the Boomers celebrate that hard when they get into the Olympics when they beat up on NZ cause they know it's not really much of a achievement nor should it be for the Socceroos.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #808
BrickingStar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Easy8
No one here is acting like we are amazing. Everyone is very unimpressed by the way we played but lets face it, we finished exactly where we were expected to. We finished second behind a good Japanese team.

We dont have that much talent. Our only two 'big names' (Cahill and Schwarzer) are far past their prime and our only other good player is Kruse. The Japanese talent blows us out of the water and they just drew with us 1-1 in Japan.

LOL. That's a terrible excuse, maybe if you were playing in Europe but you are playing in a joke of a region where it's basically the same for them as far as population and football not being the main sport.
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #809
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickingStar
LOL. That's a terrible excuse, maybe if you were playing in Europe but you are playing in a joke of a region where it's basically the same for them as far as population and football not being the main sport.

Unless if you are playing in Europe or South America your region is pretty much a joke..

Yea, the Asian qualifiers is a joke but for Australia to travel to countries like Uzbekistan and play in some middle of the nowhere type of nation isn't the easiest thing. Just think about the distance they'll need to travel alone let alone the huge culture and WTF shock when in random central asian country.

BTW, the Asian group is probably on par with the concaf. Japan, South Korea and Australia are better than any country not named USA or Mexico in the group and they would give the top 2 dawgs(US and Mexico) a run for their money.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #810
BrickingStar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Unless if you are playing in Europe or South America your region is pretty much a joke..

Yea, the Asian qualifiers is a joke but for Australia to travel to countries like Uzbekistan and play in some middle of the nowhere type of nation isn't the easiest thing. Just think about the distance they'll need to travel alone let alone the huge culture and WTF shock when in random central asian country.

BTW, the Asian group is probably on par with the concaf. Japan, South Korea and Australia are better than any country not named USA or Mexico in the group and they would give the top 2 dawgs(US and Mexico) a run for their money.
Costa Rica beating the bold would be no surprise. Easily favorite if it's in Costa Rica.
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: