Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-07-2013, 08:55 AM   #976
EnoughSaid
#COYG

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board
Default Re: Official 2014 FIFA World Cup Qualifying Thread

So are you guys saying that if England and US put out their best 11 right now in a match, the US would win?
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #977
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wasn't able to watch the match but USA struggles in these third world central american countries.. Poor guys probably don't even have proper facilities to take a crap in, probably have to dig holes outside their hotel and pop a squat(this is next to 5000 angry costa ricans btw)

As Tim Chandler he can go **** himself. The guy has rejected us multiple times and he has Germany on his horizons.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #978
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
So are you guys saying that if England and US put out their best 11 right now in a match, the US would win?
It would probably be a very even match, just like it was at the World Cup. Then again England has gotten worse since then and USA has gotten better.

English media has you believe their players are miles above others and comparable to Germany, Italy and Spain, but even tiny Balkans countries like Montenegro and Croatia produce better players then England.

English have some talent but tactically they are idiots and mentally they don't know what it takes to win.

Fair play is applauded in England but the facts remain, CHEATING WINS WORLD CUPS.

Italy for example every tournament people say it is the weakest Italy team ever but they get to the finals. Of course the players are talented, and they play fearlessly, but on top of their strategy, THEY ARE AMAZING AT WINNING GAMES-which is my polite way of saying they are really good at getting away with dirty fouls and diving.

It is not just Italy, the Germans, Brazilians, Argentinians, Spaniards, are all masters of cheating.

Uruguay produces world class talent but IMO they always punch above their weight because they are the masters of cheating of any other country in the world, just look at Suarez or any of their midfielders. Even other South Americans and Latin Americans are always telling and complaining to me how good Uruguay is at cheating-and if other South Americans complain about their diving, you know it is bad.

This is just my objective opinion, I'm not trying to discredit the talent of their footballers. They have superior talent. But they combine that talent with superior will to win, and yes, superior cheating skills.

When I was growing up playing AYSO (noob football league in America) I had an Italian coach one year and he did have us practice diving and acting hurt in training, even though we were little kids. He did tell us to stay on the ground and grab our legs if we saw a tackle, and he encouraged us to dive in the penalty box. I'm not even joking. And also everyone frowns upon that kind of behavior, but at the same time, it is little things like that that can decide games and it is only logical to try to have an advantage at cheating as well as every other aspect of the game.

Every country has an identity, let's take Italy again for example. Well disciplined defense, clutchness, whole team behind the ball, get a goal, then sit on it. The whole team knows their role and they have a common goal.

What is England's identity? Fast wingers, boot the ball aimlessly up the field and hope it lands on the head of a striker. And also playing with "good sportsmanship" and not diving, which puts them at a disadvantage.

As long as England keeps this fair play no diving attitude, they will win nothing.

Discredit my argument all you want, but I implore you to look objectively at all of the past winners of the world cup.

All of them, except for England are master cheaters and divers. England's one world cup was only won at home with several questionable calls going in their favor anyways.
Nick Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #979
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Wasn't able to watch the match but USA struggles in these third world central american countries.. Poor guys probably don't even have proper facilities to take a crap in, probably have to dig holes outside their hotel and pop a squat(this is next to 5000 angry costa ricans btw)

As Tim Chandler he can go **** himself. The guy has rejected us multiple times and he has Germany on his horizons.
Tim Chandler is one of our best players. I am hopeful that Klinsman will convince him to join team USA in time for the world cup. German FA has no interest in him, and what kind of footballer would turn down a chance to play in the world cup in brazil in the colours of their home country?

Goddamn though, I'm really sick of all these traitors. Rossi, Subotic, hopefully not Chandler now too. If we had Rossi and Subotic, if they did the right thing and didn't betray the country that taught them to play football, we would be legit contenders for WC14. As things stand, we are only dark horse contenders.

Last edited by Nick Young : 09-07-2013 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:25 AM   #980
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
Tim Chandler is one of our best players. I am hopeful that Klinsman will convince him to join team USA in time for the world cup. German FA has no interest in him, and what kind of footballer would turn down a chance to play in the world cup in brazil in the colours of their home country?

Chandler is half German and was born+raised in Germany so I'd say he's more German than American at this point..

I know Germany has no interest in him but Chandler thinks he can land a spot in Germany due to their lack of Fullbacks
Old 09-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #981
dr.hee
Good college starter

dr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Chandler is half German and was born+raised in Germany so I'd say he's more German than American at this point..

I know Germany has no interest in him but Chandler thinks he can land a spot in Germany due to their lack of Fullbacks

Isn't he cap-tied? Don't think he's elligible for Germany, and he won't play here anyway.
dr.hee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:43 AM   #982
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.hee
Isn't he cap-tied? Don't think he's elligible for Germany, and he won't play here anyway.

I don't think he played an official match for USA meaning a WC qualification match, Gold Cup, etc. I know he played in a few friendlies but he can still switch as friendlies aren't "official" matches
Old 09-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #983
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

lambert would be the best player on the usa team.
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #984
dr.hee
Good college starter

dr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I don't think he played an official match for USA meaning a WC qualification match, Gold Cup, etc. I know he played in a few friendlies but he can still switch as friendlies aren't "official" matches

He played against Honduras in February, and it was a regular World Cup qualifying match. So I think he's cap-tied.
dr.hee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:00 AM   #985
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
lambert would be the best player on the usa team.
Not even close but he's a solid and underrated striker, shame that Carrol got all those callups while this guy was around doing his thing.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:16 AM   #986
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
Not even close but he's a solid and underrated striker, shame that Carrol got all those callups while this guy was around doing his thing.
huddleston and barton that barely played for england, would be like gods on the usa, basically xavi and iniesta on the us team
Old 09-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #987
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
huddleston and barton that barely played for england, would be like gods on the usa, basically xavi and iniesta on the us team
Huddlestone would be really good on the current English team, and it's really stupid that he doesn't play more because he has creativity, composure and technical ability to pick a pass that no other England midfielder really has right now. All of the qualities that England needs can be found in Huddlestone.

I think Huddlestone is supremely underrated and I would love to have this guy on Team USA but he's not better then Reyna or Bradley.

Barton isn't better then Jermaine Jones or Michael Bradley, so no, not really.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:27 AM   #988
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

He's cap tied from the Honduras qualifier in January. It was quite possibly the worst performance I've seen from a player in the US shirt. He was abused by Carlo Costly.

We got annihilated yesterday but credit to Costa Rica, they were awesome. Michael Bradley getting injured in warmups and missing the game was a huge loss and Jozy picked up a moronic yellow card at the end of the game will miss the game against Mexico.

Yesterday's loss isn't that bad because Mexico lost at home to Honduras.

Quote:

No they wouldn't, stop talking about a team you know nothing about.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #989
alenleomessi

hell even heskey or bent would be like pele on that us team
altidore is basically the worse player in the EPL right now
Old 09-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #990
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
He's cap tied from the Honduras qualifier in January. It was quite possibly the worst performance I've seen from a player in the US shirt. He was abused by Carlo Costly.

We got annihilated yesterday but credit to Costa Rica, they were awesome. Michael Bradley getting injured in warmups and missing the game was a huge loss and Jozy picked up a moronic yellow card at the end of the game will miss the game against Mexico.

Yesterday's loss isn't that bad because Mexico lost at home to Honduras.

No they wouldn't, stop talking about a team you know nothing about.
I know man, this kid should be greatful. Macedonia just beat Wales, it was the greatest win in Macedonian football history he should be partying in the village streets right now and making out with his cousins.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: