Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2011, 01:02 PM   #1
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 12,227
Euroleague has an OK reputation so far
Default Mark Cuban Said To Be Interested In Buying Euroleague Champions Panathinaikos Athens

The world in Greece is that Mark Cuban is interested in buying Euroleague champions Panathinaikos Athens. The club is up for sale and the asking price is said to be between $150 million - $200 million.

Panathinaikos has a yearly budget of $45 million, which is the same as what the new max NBA budgets will be supposedly under the new CBA. Panathinaikos plays in a 19,000+ seat arena.

The word is that if Cuban buys Panathinaikos and there is an NBA lockout, that Dirk Nowitzki would play with Panathinaikos during the NBA lockout.

Last edited by Euroleague : 06-16-2011 at 01:04 PM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:06 PM   #2
Miserio
I dunk on kids
 
Miserio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Argentina
Posts: 1,413
Miserio has decent reputation
Default Re: Mark Cuban Said To Be Interested In Buying Euroleague Champions Panathinaikos Athens

bullshit
Miserio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:08 PM   #3
CelticBaller
lite kobe
 
CelticBaller's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: minus the raping and chucking
Posts: 14,494
CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Mark Cuban Said To Be Interested In Buying Euroleague Champions Panathinaikos Athens

nolinksyo
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:15 PM   #4
brain drain
Serious playground baller
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 420
brain drain has not been impressing people
Default Re: Mark Cuban Said To Be Interested In Buying Euroleague Champions Panathinaikos Athens

150 - 200 million is too much (I'd say 100 should be it), but generally, I think that basketball has a lot of potential and it would absolutely make sense for an NBA owner to invest there:
- there's still a lot of untapped potential for basketball in Europe. From a business standpoint, there's probably more room for growth than in the NBA
- Euroleage team could be used as an improved D-League team to bring young and promising players up to speed while at the same time being able to generate hype in Europe
- The lockout would be the perfect moment to start it, an NBA owner could at the same time generate hype for the bought club by playing his NBA team there and prepare the NBA team for the rest of the lockout season in the NBA, giving his team a headstart
- Cuban would probably be the right guy to do it.


Cons:
- Greeces economy is faltering, so this might pose serious business problems for the next years
brain drain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:23 PM   #5
Chapallaz
Banned
 
Chapallaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 858
Chapallaz has decent reputationChapallaz has decent reputation
Default Re: Mark Cuban Said To Be Interested In Buying Euroleague Champions Panathinaikos Athens

Word on the streets in Europe is that EuroLeague talks out of his ass. Paris is buzzing with the rumour that it happens quite a lot and in Rome they whisper it's nothing to be surprised with.
Chapallaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:32 PM   #6
Grinder
.
 
Grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 7,349
Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Mark Cuban Said To Be Interested In Buying Euroleague Champions Panathinaikos Athens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapallaz
Word on the streets in Europe is that EuroLeague talks out of his ass. Paris is buzzing with the rumour that it happens quite a lot and in Rome they whisper it's nothing to be surprised with.


Lmao

Euroleague is an idiot who's never seen Panathinaikos play.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:34 PM   #7
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 29,845
niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Mark Cuban Said To Be Interested In Buying Euroleague Champions Panathinaikos Athens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
The world in Greece is that Mark Cuban is interested in buying Euroleague champions Panathinaikos Athens. The club is up for sale and the asking price is said to be between $150 million - $200 million.

Panathinaikos has a yearly budget of $45 million, which is the same as what the new max NBA budgets will be supposedly under the new CBA. Panathinaikos plays in a 19,000+ seat arena.

The word is that if Cuban buys Panathinaikos and there is an NBA lockout, that Dirk Nowitzki would play with Panathinaikos during the NBA lockout.
The Euroleague is beneath Dirk. If you are going to pull shit out of your ass, at least make it semi realistic.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:40 PM   #8
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 11,170
Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Mark Cuban Said To Be Interested In Buying Euroleague Champions Panathinaikos Athens

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
The Euroleague is beneath Dirk. If you are going to pull shit out of your ass, at least make it semi realistic.
Word
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:44 PM   #9
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 12,227
Euroleague has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Mark Cuban Said To Be Interested In Buying Euroleague Champions Panathinaikos Athens

Quote:
Originally Posted by brain drain
150 - 200 million is too much (I'd say 100 should be it), but generally, I think that basketball has a lot of potential and it would absolutely make sense for an NBA owner to invest there:
- there's still a lot of untapped potential for basketball in Europe. From a business standpoint, there's probably more room for growth than in the NBA
- Euroleage team could be used as an improved D-League team to bring young and promising players up to speed while at the same time being able to generate hype in Europe
- The lockout would be the perfect moment to start it, an NBA owner could at the same time generate hype for the bought club by playing his NBA team there and prepare the NBA team for the rest of the lockout season in the NBA, giving his team a headstart
- Cuban would probably be the right guy to do it.


Cons:
- Greeces economy is faltering, so this might pose serious business problems for the next years

Panathinaikos B.C. already has yearly revenues of $21 million.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:45 PM   #10
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 12,227
Euroleague has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Mark Cuban Said To Be Interested In Buying Euroleague Champions Panathinaikos Athens

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
The Euroleague is beneath Dirk. If you are going to pull shit out of your ass, at least make it semi realistic.

Dirk already said he will play in Euroleague if there is a lockout, and his preference is either Panathinaikos, Brose, or Berlin.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:47 PM   #11
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 11,170
Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Mark Cuban Said To Be Interested In Buying Euroleague Champions Panathinaikos Athens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
Dirk already said he will play in Euroleague if there is a lockout, and his preference is either Panathinaikos, Brose, or Berlin.
Linksyo?
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:50 PM   #12
BlackJoker23
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,155
BlackJoker23 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Mark Cuban Said To Be Interested In Buying Euroleague Champions Panathinaikos Athens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
Dirk already said he will play in Euroleague if there is a lockout, and his preference is either Panathinaikos, Brose, or Berlin.
is galis better than mj?
BlackJoker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:54 PM   #13
Miserio
I dunk on kids
 
Miserio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Argentina
Posts: 1,413
Miserio has decent reputation
Default Re: Mark Cuban Said To Be Interested In Buying Euroleague Champions Panathinaikos Athens

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJoker23
is galis better than mj?
Hell Yeah
Miserio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:55 PM   #14
kaiiu
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7,730
kaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Mark Cuban Said To Be Interested In Buying Euroleague Champions Panathinaikos Athens

adkafsfsg#@$@%^%*(
kaiiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:55 PM   #15
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 12,227
Euroleague has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Mark Cuban Said To Be Interested In Buying Euroleague Champions Panathinaikos Athens

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJoker23
is galis better than mj?

Galis scored 50 on MJ that one time they played each other.

Last edited by Euroleague : 06-16-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:40 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy