Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 06-16-2011, 09:06 PM   #1
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Gamestop Warranty Question (XBOX Problem)

For the past couple of days, my XBOX have been giving me this squeeky sounds every 3-4 seconds when running a disk. Today, playing MW2, it told me the disk is unreadable. I dashboarded, restarted the disk, and it ran. It's continuing to give me this issue somewhere when the match is about to end, or in the middle.

Now, the problem got even worst. Ever had EXTREME lag online? Possibly, every 2 seconds your screens glitching and everyone with you, as if the rooms about to disconnect? Well, that just happened, I left the room, joined another, same problem.

Lucky me, I purchased a $20 1 year Gamestop Warranty when purchasing my new XBOX 4GB console. Now, this is my question. What are the cases of putting this warranty to work? The person who sold it to me, told me the warranty is good because if your XBOX is giving you problems, you go in, provide the warranty, and they'll exchange. I'm guessing with a new one? Instead of having to send it in to Microsoft, pay shipping, wait, etc.

Has this happened to anyone? Any solutions to what it can be? Maybe the disk operating thing is failing on me. I find this stupid. I take good care of my XBOX. I don't play any longer than 3 hours maximum. I let it rest, etc, etc.

Any information on how the "Gamestop Warranty" works, what it covers, and any additional information? I'm about to go in there tomorrow, I'll be extremely mad if they give me a new one or give me a BS answer like this is your fault.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:55 PM   #2
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Gamestop Warranty Question (XBOX Problem)

dump that crappy 4gb and get the 250gb
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:15 AM   #3
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation

Gamestop should replace it for you on the spot as long as you have your receipt.

An extended warranty is never a good idea. That $20 turns into pure profit for gamestop, or worst case they'll have to flip it as a refurb. The 1st year, when electronics are most likely to take a shit, is covered by the mfr (MS) anyway. At least the warranty bought you 2-3 weeks more of playing since you'll avoid time in transit and repair.

Why is the 4gb crappy?
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:26 AM   #4
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrinsic
Gamestop should replace it for you on the spot as long as you have your receipt.

An extended warranty is never a good idea. That $20 turns into pure profit for gamestop, or worst case they'll have to flip it as a refurb. The 1st year, when electronics are most likely to take a shit, is covered by the mfr (MS) anyway. At least the warranty bought you 2-3 weeks more of playing since you'll avoid time in transit and repair.

Why is the 4gb crappy?

Because for a $100 (u paid $200 for the 4gb) you could get more memory
if you're planning to buy alot of games the memory is going to run out quickly, right now I have 175 on my 250gb lol
Old 06-17-2011, 12:48 AM   #5
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
Because for a $100 (u paid $200 for the 4gb) you could get more memory
if you're planning to buy alot of games the memory is going to run out quickly, right now I have 175 on my 250gb lol

I see. That works out better for you. Save files don't take up much space, so I'm still working on the first 16gb usb stick i have in there.
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:56 PM   #6
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't play much games so I don't need a big hdd. Also I put a DVD into the HD and it works perfectly fine. Maybe somehow it scratched my gamedisk and whenever I try playing it, it makes sounds and won't work. The scratches are little but dam. I'll try getting a 16gb usb stick and install the game to the USB. How big is the games?
Old 06-17-2011, 03:03 PM   #7
CelticBaller
lite kobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
I don't play much games so I don't need a big hdd. Also I put a DVD into the HD and it works perfectly fine. Maybe somehow it scratched my gamedisk and whenever I try playing it, it makes sounds and won't work. The scratches are little but dam. I'll try getting a 16gb usb stick and install the game to the USB. How big is the games?
4-6gb
Old 06-17-2011, 05:08 PM   #8
Draz
Like a Baoss.

The laser was the problem they gave me a new xbox and disc. I readded another warranty in case.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:18 PM   #9
CelticBaller
lite kobe

how old was your last xbox?

my last xbox had that laser problem but it was the xbox I bough back in 06
Old 06-17-2011, 08:55 PM   #10
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
how old was your last xbox?

my last xbox had that laser problem but it was the xbox I bough back in 06

purchased it in November probably 8 months fresh which is new. What's your gamertag and what games do you play?
Old 06-19-2011, 03:28 AM   #11
talkingconch
College superstar

talkingconch is considered somewhat cooltalkingconch is considered somewhat cool

Does gamestop replace consoles with new ones or refurbished ones? Not sure if there warrantys are any good. I know that if you buy off amazon you could get a year warranty on your console.
talkingconch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:23 AM   #12
Draz
Like a Baoss.

They replace it with a new one infront of
me to. Their warranty isn't as bad. I like it.
Old 06-19-2011, 04:06 PM   #13
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I was considering buying a 4GB online, but maybe it would be safer to buy one in-store so i can get a warranty.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:23 PM   #14
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Always get a warranty. I took great care of my 360 and under 8 or so months the laser started scratching my disks. A warranty is $20 for one year, at GS. Maybe at Best buy it's $40 for 2-3 years.

Also, I think the 4GB is a better buy. You can purchase a 250GB HD used or new for a little above $40 on Ebay. Saving you about $80-120.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:28 PM   #15
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
Always get a warranty. I took great care of my 360 and under 8 or so months the laser started scratching my disks. A warranty is $20 for one year, at GS. Maybe at Best buy it's $40 for 2-3 years.

Also, I think the 4GB is a better buy. You can purchase a 250GB HD used or new for a little above $40 on Ebay. Saving you about $80-120.

Damn, good call. I'll definitely go that route. Thanks a lot.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: