Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-17-2011, 03:55 AM   #1
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

dee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation here
Default Ben Gordon

CJ, Brewer, cats pick & fillers for Gordon & the 8th pick

rumored trade with HOU:
Lee, Hill and Future 1st for Asik, Korver , 28th pick

Why the bulls do it:
We obviously need some scoring and 3 point shooting. Based on what I'm hearing this offseason, CJ is as good as gone, and while he's had some great moments, I'd be willing to give him up. We're essentially giving up defense for offense. The 8th pick = our future SG (probably Marshon Brooks)

As for the Houston portion, if we get Gordon, we basically don't need Korver. Lee is the type of defender Thibbs wants. I'd miss Asik a great deal but Hill has tons of potential. Losing Asik would hurt though. Basically, this would let us have BG as our 6th man in a JET type of role.

Why Detriot does it:
They get BG off the books, CJ is an expirer, and Ronnie only has 2 years left on a very cheap deal. The 2012 draft is >>> this one, and the cats pick may even be worth more then their number 8 pick this year.

Why Houston does it: apparently this is the deal they proposed, and it's basically a win-win for both teams. I don't really think I need to go into it.

2011/2012 roster:

Rose/30th pick (hopefully Nolan Smith, we need to draft more players from Duke, we don't do so enough already)
Lee/BG/Brooks
Deng/Lee/vet
Boozer/Taj/Hill
Noah/Taj/vet min/2nd round pick

Basically, this gives us a lot more scoring, not too much of a downgrade on defense, and not much SF depth. The thing I'm thinking right now though, is that a lot of vets would want to play for the bulls. If we could sign Grant Hill to a vet min, this shit's gravy.

Hopefully, Pax is on the phone, and his ego and distaste for BG doesn't get the best of him.
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:52 AM   #2
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

eeeeeebro has decent reputationeeeeeebro has decent reputation
Default Re: Ben Gordon

Fail CJ runs our second team (end of story)
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:02 PM   #3
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

dee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation here

lol rlly? You'd drop this whole trade for CJ ****ing Watson?
Old 06-17-2011, 02:03 PM   #4
Abe Frohman
I am the Sausage King

Abe Frohman has decent reputationAbe Frohman has decent reputation

JR will never bring ben Gordon back, that bridge was burned when ben opened his yap and talked shit after he went to Detroit
Abe Frohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:15 PM   #5
step_back
You see this knife?

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No thanks.

If the Bulls want an undersized chucking 2 guard they could hire me. I'll play for food an accommodation.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:40 AM   #6
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by step_back
No thanks.

If the Bulls want an undersized chucking 2 guard they could hire me. I'll play for food an accommodation.
Would you consider Terry a chucking 2 guard? Cuz he carried the Mavs for periods
Old 06-18-2011, 04:51 AM   #7
step_back
You see this knife?

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-rose
Would you consider Terry a chucking 2 guard? Cuz he carried the Mavs for periods

Terry shot 47%FG throughout the playoffs. Gordon has never shot that well.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:07 AM   #8
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

Ben shot 45 percent twice, with more defensive attention, while starting. In this role he'd come off the bench, and get 3rd option treatment.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:03 AM   #9
step_back
You see this knife?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-rose
Ben shot 45 percent twice, with more defensive attention, while starting. In this role he'd come off the bench, and get 3rd option treatment.

That was precisely his problem in Chicago. He was at his best as a 6th man, however he didn't want to commit himself to that role. For the money he's on we can get much better players at his posistion.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:11 AM   #10
jphoc13
Can barely lace up my sneakers

jphoc13 has an OK reputation so far

BG is not a good option. I would get a veteran at the SG position (hopefully Ray Allen), and draft Marshon Brooks.
jphoc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:51 PM   #11
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

I'd love to get Ray, but he picked his player option up. The larger purpose of this trade would be to draft Brooks. He'd be great on this team.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: