Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 06-26-2011, 03:11 AM   #181
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Default Re: FIBA EuroBasket 2011 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Onan outplayed him the first meeting and his team won easily. Spanoulis outplayed him the next time they played.

If h2h match ups were the determining factor of why one player is better than another, then Wes Johnson would be better than Kobe.

Get real man. Onan is a great player in his own way. But he is not a lead player by any means. Sorry, but he is simply not in the first tier class of Euroleague players like Spanoulis is.

He is in the second tier of Euroleague players. In the same class of players as guys like Fotsis, Ukic, Huertas and players like that. Believe me, I like Onan a lot. He's one of my favorite players. I would classify him even as a great player.

But you are overrating him. He is not a first tier Euroleague player like Spanoulis is. And the only people that would claim he is are Spanoulis haters, or people that have limited Euroleague knowledge.

Actually, I think you are nearing to earning an ignore again.

BTW, "Onan outplayed him the first meeting" - yeah with the help of double teams. They tried single coverage in the second game.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:43 AM   #182
Borat_Sagdyev
Rytas 4ever

None of Lithuanian would not make Greece's roster. The Greeks have a great future. Koufos, Calathes, Pappas, Papanikoloau, Sloukas, Chrysikopoulos, Sarikopoulos, Deligeorgis, Maragkos and others will return to Greece Galis time glory. Keep in mind that.
Borat_Sagdyev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:59 AM   #183
broy
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
Not according to the people trying to claim he is a Turk, as in Turkoglou, as in the guy claiming Ilyasoglou..............

The hilarious thing about it is that he even mentions Greek Turks.......

Kaimakoglou and Perperoglou actually could have LEGIT claims to play in Turkey's national team, as they are Greeks descended from old Greek areas of Turkey.

They are probably descended from Izmir area, or somewhere like that.

Who has "Perperoglou" as his/her surname, probably he/she has Turkish roots. "Berberoğlu" is a common surname in Turkey as well, and some of them are immigrated from Greece. It can be sadi same thing for Kaimakoglou. Also it is a Turkish-style surname, not Greek-style. "..oğlu"/"...oglu"/"...oglou" means "son of...". Bad news for you.
broy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:04 AM   #184
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by broy
Who has "Perperoglou" as his/her surname, probably he/she has Turkish roots. "Berberoğlu" is a common surname in Turkey as well, and some of them are immigrated from Greece. It can be sadi same thing for Kaimakoglou. Also it is a Turkish-style surname, not Greek-style. "..oğlu"/"...oglu"/"...oglou" means "son of...". Bad news for you.

Like I said, Kaimakoglou and Perperoglou are more "Turkish" than several of the players on the Turkish national team.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:02 AM   #185
brownmamba00
Cali Love

Omar Onan>Spanoulis
brownmamba00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:55 PM   #186
broy
Decent playground baller

Bourousis was caught in doping scandal, Diamantidis retired from NT, I don't know Papaloukas' retirement but he is aged. Without them, Greece is pretty weak and not a contender.
broy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:31 PM   #187
DRoseOwnsACamry
King of Chicago

Quote:
USA would have lost the game to Russia and would have been eliminated from the tournament (without winning a medal), if the refs did not help them in that game.
That's bullshit, and you fucking know it.
DRoseOwnsACamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:07 PM   #188
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Quote:
Although these are very good players, they are not in that level or class of players. Kaukenas used to be in that level, but not nearly in that level now. Pocius has good potential, but he is definitely not in that level of players yet. He could be eventually, but as of right now, he is a less-skilled version of Brad Newley.

That's probably why he's outplaying and outshining Newley everytime they play each other.
Sakkreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:54 PM   #189
Simple Jack
Fredette About It

Quote:
USA would have lost the game to Russia and would have been eliminated from the tournament (without winning a medal), if the refs did not help them in that game.

Simple Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:21 PM   #190
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
You are a funny guy. Pocius would not make Greece's roster.

Spanoulis, N. Calathes, Zisis, Vasileiadis, Pelekanos, Papaloukas, and possibly Diamantidis if he plays in the guard selection of Greece...........there is no way in hell that Pocius would be selected.

The 3 best players in the tournament are NBA players? Oh really? Dirk....maybe stats wise, but he will be lucky to make it past the group stage, so he won't be in the tournament team.

Pau...yes, ONLY if he plays normally. If he plays like he did in the NBA playoffs he won't be in the tournament team and Spain sure the hell won't win the tournament. So it is sure not a guarantee at all with him to be one of the best players of this tournament.

I hope you are not claiming Parker as the third best player in this tournament, if so that is just absolutely hilarious.

You are right, Vasileiadis is such a POS player:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfqgcz_z9t4

How the hell could such a crap player ever amount to anything........

That was one hell of a performance, but Vasileaidis was quite mediocre pretty much all season.

Last edited by Lebowsky : 06-26-2011 at 07:26 PM.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:37 PM   #191
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by broy
Bourousis was caught in doping scandal, Diamantidis retired from NT, I don't know Papaloukas' retirement but he is aged. Without them, Greece is pretty weak and not a contender.

Without them Greece still has the second best European national team.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:46 PM   #192
Grinder

Quote:
Without them Greece still has the second best European national team.

Greece with Spanoulis, Bourousis, Papaloukas, and Diamantidis couldn't beat a weakend France team...

The only thing Greek NT fans are still holding on to is their fluke win over the US 2006.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:31 PM   #193
d.bball.guy
Heat fan since 2014

OP, how many NBA games have you watched? Just asking....
d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:46 PM   #194
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder

Greece with Spanoulis, Bourousis, Papaloukas, and Diamantidis couldn't beat a weakend France team...

The only thing Greek NT fans are still holding on to is their fluke win over the US 2006.

You are an idiot and a troll.

Greece has not lost to France in decades, with any roster, except the game that they intentionally lost in 2009. They are like 25-1 (lost on purpose) against France you moron.

Last edited by Euroleague : 06-26-2011 at 10:48 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:48 PM   #195
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.bball.guy
OP, how many NBA games have you watched? Just asking....

Hundreds, if not thousands.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: