Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 08-26-2011, 03:34 PM   #781
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: FIBA EuroBasket 2011 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
They played again today, Spain won 97-58. Box score: http://www.feb.es/Documentos/Archivo...NCIA-FINAL.pdf

Spain: Pau (17), Ibaka (14, 8, and 3 blocks), Marc (14), Navarro (11), San Emeterio (11)

Germany beat Macedonia 70-68
Kaman had 14, Dirk had 13, Benzing and Schaffartzik (hit the game winning 3) had 9 each.

Schaffartzik needs to play in the NBA. He could be the first irrational confidence European.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:03 PM   #782
GreatGreg
College star

GreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If you want Euroleague to shut the **** up and not respond to your post, mention "Arkansas" in it. He'll disappear.
GreatGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:32 PM   #783
bletchley
I airball my layups

bletchley has an OK reputation so far

semih erden is off , he was playing really bad due to his health problems ,kanter will get more minutes good news for turkey
bletchley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:40 PM   #784
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bletchley
semih erden is off , he was playing really bad due to his health problems ,kanter will get more minutes good news for turkey
so kanter will get backup C and backup PF minutes ?
thats around 20 minutes which is pretty damn good
alenleomessi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:13 PM   #785
bletchley
I airball my layups

bletchley has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
yep and maybe more if he keeps playing like that the thing is he can shoot mid-range and 3Pts but he doesn't i don't know why
bletchley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:22 PM   #786
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi

Judging from the last few games, he'll be splitting those minutes with Oguz Savas. The good news is that Ilyasova is playing some 3 with Preldzic/Hedo at the 1/2 so 3 Ilyasova, Kanter, Asik, Savas can all be on the floor at the same time.

France destroyed Bosnia 85-60
Parker had 21 points in 20 minutes. De Colo had 18 and Noah had 12 and 9 rebounds.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:37 PM   #787
Jan95

Preldzic is good player for sure, but he as a person is just terrible. He is born Bosnian, then he moved to Slovenia, there he taught most what he knows about basketball. He even was in Youth Slovenian National Teams and when he should play for real NT, he made some excuses. Then he wanted to play I think Bosnia, some other team and after all Turkey wanted him. Turkey paid some money to Slovenia and now he can play for them. I think that this just should not happen. This is one case, but I think that Turkey has had some in the past and also other teams that are taking some American guys. FIBA should prevent this!
Old 08-26-2011, 09:17 PM   #788
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan95
Preldzic is good player for sure, but he as a person is just terrible. He is born Bosnian, then he moved to Slovenia, there he taught most what he knows about basketball. He even was in Youth Slovenian National Teams and when he should play for real NT, he made some excuses. Then he wanted to play I think Bosnia, some other team and after all Turkey wanted him. Turkey paid some money to Slovenia and now he can play for them. I think that this just should not happen. This is one case, but I think that Turkey has had some in the past and also other teams that are taking some American guys. FIBA should prevent this!

Yeah, there's been a lot of controversy over FIBA's decision to allow Preldzic to play for Turkey. As for the naturalized player thing, most countries in this tournament has a naturalized player:

Spain (Ibaka)
Slovenia (Begic)
Croatia (Draper)
Turkey (Preldzic)
England (Reinking)
Poland (Kelati)
Bosnia (Domercant)
Macedonia (McCalebb)
Montenegro (Cook)
Bulgaria (Rowland)
Ukraine (Burtt)
Georgia (Haynes)
Belgium (Faison)

And then you've got countries that have citizenship laws that make it easier for players born and raised abroad to play for them without being naturalized like Greece with Calathes, Bramos, and Koufos and Israel with David Blu.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:36 PM   #789
Jan95

Quote:
Yeah, there's been a lot of controversy over FIBA's decision to allow Preldzic to play for Turkey. As for the naturalized player thing, most countries in this tournament has a naturalized player:

Spain (Ibaka)
Slovenia (Begic)
Croatia (Draper)
Turkey (Preldzic)
England (Reinking)
Poland (Kelati)
Bosnia (Domercant)
Macedonia (McCalebb)
Montenegro (Cook)
Bulgaria (Rowland)
Ukraine (Burtt)
Georgia (Haynes)
Belgium (Faison)

And then you've got countries that have citizenship laws that make it easier for players born and raised abroad to play for them without being naturalized like Greece with Calathes, Bramos, and Koufos and Israel with David Blu.
I don`t know about Greece thing, but I think that this still somewhat appropriate. But that Spain has Ibaka I think it just ridicolous to be allowed. They are laughing at FIBA and doing this. National teams arent clubs!!!
And also Slovenian thing with Begic. Begic was raised in Slovenia and they asked him if he would like to play for Bosnia now. But he answered that Slovenia gave so much to him and he fells that he needs to give something back. Amazing personality.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:48 AM   #790
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

Spain (Ibaka)
Slovenia (Begic)
Croatia (Draper)
Turkey (Preldzic)
England (Reinking)
Poland (Kelati)
Bosnia (Domercant)
Macedonia (McCalebb)
Montenegro (Cook)
Bulgaria (Rowland)
Ukraine (Burtt)
Georgia (Haynes)
Belgium (Faison)

Funny, since the USA was the country that started that.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:55 AM   #791
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster

You can't play for Greece's national team unless your father or mother are Greek and you are registered at the time of your birth in the local courthouse of the area where your family is from in the local registry.

Grinder is just being ass by continuing to claim that Greece is somehow cheating the system.

If those players should not be allowed to play for Greece then Tim Duncan should have been barred from playing for Team USA and Dominique Wilkins also should have been barred from Team USA. John McCain should not have been allowed to run for US President.

Somehow, in the minds of people like Grinder, it is OK for the US to grant birth right citizenship to Americans born anywhere in the world, yet when Greece does the same thing - they have "strange laws".

People like Grinder are huge hypocritical douche bags. Greece has the same type of citizenship laws as the USA, as in if you are Greek you can be a birth citizen, no matter where you were born - just like the USA.

But somehow, Greece's laws are "strange" and idiots like him are complaining about it, and never once bringing up the USA does the same exact thing, has the same laws, and even uses players born in foreign countries for their national team, using the SAME laws.

For example, counting players born in foreign countries, as "natural born US citizens" and putting them on Team USA -> Wilkins, Duncan, Irving.

However, what Team USA also does is that they use true naturalized players like Rony Seikaly, Patrick Ewing and Hakeem Olajuwon for their national team. To my knowledge, Greece has never used naturalized players. Some people suggested they should naturalize Mike Batiste and use him for the national team, and they refused because he does not have Greek parents and is not a natural born citizen. If Greece was gaming the system, as some people in this forum keep implying, then they would have naturalized Batiste, instead of not even considering it.

It's strange that some Americans complain so much about this, considering they also count players born anywhere in the world as American (because their parents were also) and even on top of that use naturalized players.

And as for all the complaints about Ibaka...............where are all the endless complaints about how Team USA took Ewing and Olajuwon and naturalized them and put them on their team? Seems it's mostly Americans complaining about Ibaka too. Very hypocritical. What Spain did with Ibaka is the exact same thing Team USA did with Olajuwon.

Seikaly..........he had Greek heritage, was born in Lebanon and given Lebanese citizenship, and was raised in Greece and developed in the PAO Athens basketball school. Yet, he played for Team USA and I never heard any complaints about it from Americans. Seems to be a real double standard here.

And just to prove Greece NEVER was looking for naturalized players as some fools here are trying to say........Greece could have registered Marko Jaric, Rasho Nesterovich, Peja Stojakovic, and several other players for their national team because they were Greek citizens, lived in Greece as kids, played in Greek youth clubs, and were available and willing to play for the junior national teams in Greece. Yet, Greece did not allow that because they did not have Greek parents.

So please, enough with the bull shit complaining from Americans about Greek citizens from the US playing on Greece's national team. Shut the hell up already with your ridiculous nonsense.

Last edited by Euroleague : 08-27-2011 at 01:12 AM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:28 AM   #792
Jon_Koncak
Great young streetballer

Jon_Koncak is starting to rub some people the wrong way

So tell me in which courthouse were Calathes bros registered when they were born?They actually got their greek passports after the age of 18.They are 3rd generation americans.Their great grandfather from their fathers side was an immigrant from Greece.From their mothers side they are Irish thus the name Pat of the older brother.Their father speaks no word of greek,same goes for them.I've seen a documentary on greek tv about them,they are americans who happen to have a greek sounding name,that's how they caught the attention of greek federation..
Jon_Koncak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:44 AM   #793
Jan95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak
So tell me in which courthouse were Calathes bros registered when they were born?They actually got their greek passports after the age of 18.They are 3rd generation americans.Their great grandfather from their fathers side was an immigrant from Greece.From their mothers side they are Irish thus the name Pat of the older brother.Their father speaks no word of greek,same goes for them.I've seen a documentary on greek tv about them,they are americans who happen to have a greek sounding name,that's how they caught the attention of greek federation..
True, true.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:57 AM   #794
Grinder

Turkey beat Montenegro 74-72

Kanter led Turkey in scoring for the 3rd time in the last 4 games as well as being their leading rebounder again with 13 points and 8 rebounds.

Nikola Vucevic had another good game for Montenegro with 14 points and 7 rebounds. Can't wait for him to start over Spencer Hawes this season.

In his last 5 games Kanter is averaging 11/7 in 15-20 minutes a game. "Struggling to make the team" my ass.

Vucevic is averaging 15 a game on over 75% from the field in his last 3 contests. Great to see.

Last edited by Grinder : 08-27-2011 at 08:19 AM.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:31 AM   #795
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak

lakas gets owned once again, lmao
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: