Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 06-21-2006, 12:35 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

Default Anthony Johnson or Jamal Tinsley?

When both are healthy, who is the better point guard for the Pacers, offensively and defensively?
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:59 AM   #2
wally_world
M0derator

both are great offensive players, Anthony's shooting and scoring, and Jamaal's playmaking...

but defensively, Tinsley is much better, he can steal the ball and is a pesty defender... so Tinsley is better as a starter! maybe Johnson can come off the bench for some sparks...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 04:48 AM   #3
aero
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Anthony Johnson is dependable, Tinsley can not stay healthy! The Pacers really need to trade Tinsley...its been what 3 years they have tired to get it working right with him ? no thanks. Ill take Johnson and Sarunas Jasikevicius as my PG's
aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:17 PM   #4
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
When both are healthy, who is the better point guard for the Pacers, offensively and defensively?
if both are healthy, then hands down, Tinsley is a better PG. But the problem is staying healthy, Tinsely cant do that, hes too injury prone
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:02 PM   #5
sixty
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aero
Anthony Johnson is dependable, Tinsley can not stay healthy! The Pacers really need to trade Tinsley...its been what 3 years they have tired to get it working right with him ? no thanks. Ill take Johnson and Sarunas Jasikevicius as my PG's

Couldn't agree more.

Tinsley:

52, 40 and 42 games in last three years. With around 30MPG.
sixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:25 AM   #6
scipio
I hit open 5-footers

If both are healthy, Tinsley should start. Unfortunately, that never happens. Tinsley makes the offense run so much better. He penetrate and dish, he is much better at feeding the post and finding open guys in general, and he's a superior passer. His handle also gives him a significant advantage; AJ often struggles with getting the ball up court in a timely manner.

Defensively, I feel that AJ is better. He doesn't play the passing lanes at much, but he's a better man to man defender. He also does a better job against bigger points.
scipio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:03 PM   #7
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Quote:
Originally Posted by scipio
If both are healthy, Tinsley should start. Unfortunately, that never happens. Tinsley makes the offense run so much better. He penetrate and dish, he is much better at feeding the post and finding open guys in general, and he's a superior passer. His handle also gives him a significant advantage; AJ often struggles with getting the ball up court in a timely manner.

Defensively, I feel that AJ is better. He doesn't play the passing lanes at much, but he's a better man to man defender. He also does a better job against bigger points.
well put
Old 07-05-2006, 04:21 PM   #8
dmenzion
I hit open layups

well i noticed that...anthony was better this yr than tinsley kuz i watched when tinz was out, anthony's not bad...i say keep aj as a backup though and trade tinsley for a diff PG throw in croshere too. then maybe andre miller or something, i dunno jus a thought
dmenzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:58 PM   #9
live05

I prefer AJ. I agree Tinsley cannot stay healthy and Sarunas is more of a combo guard. We really should have taken Marcus Williams in the draft.
live05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 04:23 PM   #10
showtimeboss

Jamal's Better Aj Is A Old Fart
showtimeboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 04:27 PM   #11
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

Trade Tinsley.

Johnson's steady hand was a saving point for the Pacers last season. Tinsley was nowhere to be found.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 08:20 PM   #12
bruzzes
I brick open layups

Stephen Jackson and Jamaal Tinsley to Cleveland for Larry Hughes. If Pacers really want to shake up their roster, this would do it. Jackson would thrive under Cavs coach Mike Brown, whom he knows well from stops with Spurs and Pacers, and Cavs need an experienced point guard. Hughes is overpaid at $11 million next season and is injury-prone. But he can score and was an All-Defensive first-team selection in 2005.

http://www.benmaller.com/#nba_rumors_notes

Any thoughts???
bruzzes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 08:23 PM   #13
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruzzes
Stephen Jackson and Jamaal Tinsley to Cleveland for Larry Hughes. If Pacers really want to shake up their roster, this would do it. Jackson would thrive under Cavs coach Mike Brown, whom he knows well from stops with Spurs and Pacers, and Cavs need an experienced point guard. Hughes is overpaid at $11 million next season and is injury-prone. But he can score and was an All-Defensive first-team selection in 2005.

http://www.benmaller.com/#nba_rumors_notes

Any thoughts???
we dont need another injury prone player...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: