Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-18-2011, 12:16 AM   #16
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Fact or fiction game: NBA Draft edition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Fiction. Rarely do drafts produce 5 all stars and this one most likely won't.

Andrew Goudelock and Norris Cole could be big time bench scorers.

Fiction. Goudelock's skill is shooting 3's rather than scoring in a variety of ways. Cole only scored out of necessity for his team.

Fact or Fiction. Despite the draft being in Newark, Knicks fans will still outnumber Nets fans by 3:1.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:27 AM   #17
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
Fiction. Goudelock's skill is shooting 3's rather than scoring in a variety of ways. Cole only scored out of necessity for his team.

Fact or Fiction. Despite the draft being in Newark, Knicks fans will still outnumber Nets fans by 3:1.

Fact. Knicks fans are truer fans.

Donatas Motiejunas will average double digit points in his first year.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:38 AM   #18
NBA4EVER

NBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Best Athlete in 2011 Draft?

According to this news article by SportingNews the toss up is between Washington's Isaiah Thomas and UGA's Travis Leslie

Quote:
When looking to be drafted, it helps, of course, to have a feathery shooting touch, uncanny floor sight, dazzling ball skills, freakish size, high hoops IQ or some combination of all. But when it comes down to it, NBA types will settle for a pure, unadulterated athlete and hope they can build a quality pro from there. Sometimes it works (Josh Smith, Gerald Wallace), and sometimes it doesn’t (Gerald Green, Kedrick Brown).

In this draft, there are a handful of players who look like good bets to be selected on athleticism as much as basketball skill. Ask scouts who’s best and two names come up: Washington guard Isaiah Thomas (who is only 5-9 but has a vertical leap of 40 inches) and 6-4 Georgia guard Travis Leslie (40.5 inches).

Isaiah Thomas, who owns a 40-inch vertical leap, averaged 16.8 points and 6.1 assists in his final year at Washington. (AP Photo)
Thomas on why his athleticism can’t be overlooked: “I’m the best athlete in this draft. Back in the fifth or sixth grade, I started to realize that I was a lot better than the other players my age. I always played up against bigger guys, and they couldn’t stay with me, either. I was a running back until the ninth grade, and I had to make a decision between the sports. But everybody said I had everything to be a really good running back. The speed, quickness, vision, strength. I got a lot of confidence from football.

“At my height, I’m always going to be described as an athlete more than a basketball player. I have to deal with that. But I feel like after college, and what I’ve shown people, that I’m a basketball player more than I’m an athlete.”

Leslie makes his case: “I definitely think I am the best athlete this year. I would consider myself somewhat like Jason Richardson. He is very athletic, and early in his career, he didn’t really have a jumper, but he worked on it and now he is a good shooter. I hope I can wind up playing like him. He was a dunk champion, too, and that is something I would like to do. I am undefeated in dunk contests—I won three of them in high school. Trust me, I’ve got a lot of dunks up my sleeve.”

Scout’s take: “I would say that Leslie’s athleticism probably translates better to the NBA game. He has a lot to work on, but the kid has an NBA body, and he can jump out of the gym. If he can put in the work and smooth out those rough edges, he has a chance at being a solid NBA player. Thomas has some great athleticism, too, and you can see him being a Nate Robinson type. But that’s his ceiling.”

Link: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...e-best-athlete

You can probably expect Travis Leslie to be an early entry in next year's Dunk Contest (if there is one)

Last edited by NBA4EVER : 06-18-2011 at 01:50 AM.
NBA4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:49 AM   #19
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Best Athlete in 2011 Draft?

Iman Shumpert, Travis Leslie, Derrick Williams, Brandon Knight, Isaiah Thomas, Josh Selby, Kemba Walker...
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:06 AM   #20
sundizz
Local High School Star

sundizz has decent reputationsundizz has decent reputation

Some youtube highlight videos would help
sundizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:51 AM   #21
Sheed
Serious playground baller

Sheed has an OK reputation so far

Isaiah Thomas is athletic as shit
Sheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:15 AM   #22
FadeAwayJ13
I rep my cat, Nurple.

FadeAwayJ13 has not been impressing people

Bismack Biyombo, hands down.

The dude is getting half of his hype from his body alone.
FadeAwayJ13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:15 AM   #23
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board

Vesely, and the second guy is not even close.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:23 AM   #24
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Fact. Knicks fans are truer fans.

Donatas Motiejunas will average double digit points in his first year.
False.
I have a feeling he will be a bust.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:29 AM   #25
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Fact

NOBODY beats the Biz
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:02 AM   #26
Chapallaz
Banned

Chapallaz has decent reputationChapallaz has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
Fact

NOBODY beats the Biz

Fiction. Gilbert O'Sullivan beat him in 1991.

Fact or Fiction: Tobias Harris will become a tweener sixth man in a scoring role.
Chapallaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:42 AM   #27
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Pick a Euro and bring him over immediately . They are just overdue for a breakout star. Peja (96), Dirk (98), Ginobili (99), Kirilenko (99), Turkoglu (00), Gasol (01), Parker (01), Okur (01), Scola (02).
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:56 AM   #28
Hondo
Go CELTICS!

Hondo is a pretty well-respected posterHondo is a pretty well-respected posterHondo is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapallaz
Fiction. Gilbert O'Sullivan beat him in 1991.

Fact or Fiction: Tobias Harris will become a tweener sixth man in a scoring role.

Fiction. Harris will be out of the league in 4 seasons.

Fact or Fiction: Jimmer Fredette will make the HOF.
Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:06 AM   #29
BlackWhiteGreen
NBA lottery pick

BlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo
Fiction. Harris will be out of the league in 4 seasons.

Fact or Fiction: Jimmer Fredette will make the HOF.

Fiction. He hasn't shown anywhere near enough to make me or (realistically anyone) say that.

Fact/Fiction: Boston drafts ANOTHER combo guard.
BlackWhiteGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:41 AM   #30
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here

Biyombo, Vesley and Selby.
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: