Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-28-2011, 07:12 PM   #1
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Default USC Nikola Vucevic

Any thoughts on him? Think he's one of the bigs coming working out for the Sixers soon.

Checked his stats...not bad especially against some fellow bigs in this draft like the Morris twins and Tristan Thompson. Also fared well vs Arizona.

Highlights look good but I cant say much more about his game or what kind of big man he is. Seen him shoot the 3. Makes me wonder. Also he has long arms, good size for a Center but is he a defensive prescence? Rebounding?

Who here has seen him play?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:09 PM   #2
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

Default Re: USC Nikola Vucevic

Kinda like Odom, good at everything, not great at anything.
brandonislegend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 02:22 AM   #3
Burgz
Banned

i watched a bit of pac 10 ball this and from what i say from him he really understands the game and pairs that with good hands

he doesn't get block to block on every possession, which is a shame because he does show a motor and effort. he is much more of a defensive presence in the set halfcourt D, and has a good nose for the ball and good timing. like brandonislegend said, he wont blow you away with one skill, but there's a lot of good things he does on the court

he's still very young and with his size and length he's definitely 1st round talent (especially in this year's draft)

don't know if he is a good choice for the sixers though. only watched them in the playoffs and against the raptors this season, and most often than not collins had them pushing the ball which might not suit him very well

but again i haven't watched the sixers enough this year to know exactly how they played all season
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:50 AM   #4
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

I think your boy Spencer Hawes is a fair comparison. Skilled,but soft big. Not a great defender.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:26 PM   #5
WadeRekeforlife
Kids at the park dunk on me

Troy Murphy
WadeRekeforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 06:55 PM   #6
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

He is a skilled big man who is very solid offensively. he can work the post. I watched him at a UCLA v USC game, and he looked like the most natural big man out there. Not saying much bc UCLA doesnt exactly have good big men other than Josh Smith, but he looks like an NBA player. Game comes natural to him.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:03 PM   #7
el gringos
Great college starter

I had no clue Vucevic would measure out to 7ft- I thought he was more like 6-9-6-10
----
very skilled and mobile- as a 7 footer he should be a lottery pick. Played on a bad SC team but was clearly one of the top players in the pac
-----
Cant see how he could make it past pick 17 to the knicks (unless motiejunas really falls or the pg the knicks were most in love with is still there)
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: