Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2011, 09:57 PM   #16
sundizz
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,328
Default Re: which current player had highest gpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
Shane Battier majored in religion. Come on. That's like a guaranteed 4.0.

ahha the only way you could fail is to claim atheism
sundizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:45 PM   #17
ThaSwagg3r
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: which current player had highest gpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundizz
Ya'll are all foolish....it's obviously without question Jeremy Lin. He had a 3.1 at Harvard, but wasn't taking bs classes. He got into Harvard on pure brains, as they don't offer athletic scholarships. He obviously a pretty smart dude, plus he's Asian.
The question isn't who is the smartest, it is who has the highest gpa, and a 3.1 is certainly not the highest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:21 AM   #18
Abd El-Krim
Decent college freshman
 
Abd El-Krim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,743
Default Re: which current player had highest gpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Machine
I know Derrick Rose had like a really high SAT score.



I was going to make this joke.
Abd El-Krim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:26 AM   #19
az00m
bet purple 3/05/11
 
az00m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,284
Default Re: which current player had highest gpa

Jeremy lin would be my choice as well.
az00m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:27 AM   #20
get these NETS
you can't stop me
 
get these NETS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,701
Default Re: which current player had highest gpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
The question isn't who is the smartest, it is who has the highest gpa, and a 3.1 is certainly not the highest.


technically, you're right but harvard gpa HAS to be weighted more heavily than a higher gpa at a less competitive school

*if it wasn't gut major
get these NETS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:32 AM   #21
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star
 
IGOTGAME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,683
Default Re: which current player had highest gpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by get these NETS
technically, you're right but harvard gpa HAS to be weighted more heavily than a higher gpa at a less competitive school

*if it wasn't gut major
why arent most ivy league gpa's inflated?
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:39 AM   #22
get these NETS
you can't stop me
 
get these NETS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,701
Default Re: which current player had highest gpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
why arent most ivy league gpa's inflated?

you think they aren't?


not just ivy league..take the most competitive/ hard to get into school in your state...and take the state college/uni.

you don't think a gpa from the first school is weighted more than same gpa from the other one?
get these NETS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:43 AM   #23
kaiiu
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7,730
Default Re: which current player had highest gpa

fvck skool.

Im drunk as fvck rite now
kaiiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 02:04 AM   #24
28renyoy
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,824
Default Re: which current player had highest gpa

High school is a total joke and most are weighted on a 5.0 scale.
28renyoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 02:08 AM   #25
the_wise_one
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 764
Default Re: which current player had highest gpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundizz
Ya'll are all foolish....it's obviously without question Jeremy Lin. He had a 3.1 at Harvard, but wasn't taking bs classes. He got into Harvard on pure brains, as they don't offer athletic scholarships. He obviously a pretty smart dude, plus he's Asian.

This.
the_wise_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 02:09 AM   #26
Stuckey
ifirtworld
 
Stuckey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: igloo
Posts: 7,669
Default Re: which current player had highest gpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundizz
Ya'll are all foolish....it's obviously without question Jeremy Lin. He had a 3.1 at Harvard, but wasn't taking bs classes. He got into Harvard on pure brains, as they don't offer athletic scholarships. He obviously a pretty smart dude, plus he's Asian.

what'd he major in??

i'm still shocked an asian guy could lead a team to a state championship
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 02:11 AM   #27
28renyoy
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,824
Default Re: which current player had highest gpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundizz
Ya'll are all foolish....it's obviously without question Jeremy Lin. He had a 3.1 at Harvard, but wasn't taking bs classes. He got into Harvard on pure brains, as they don't offer athletic scholarships. He obviously a pretty smart dude, plus he's Asian.

They don't offer athletic scholarships, but you're insane if they don't lower their standards for certain athletes and then give them academic scholarships. Obviously they're not going to let someone like Derrick Rose, who couldn't even pass the SAT, in but they don't hold athletes as high as regular students.
28renyoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 02:14 AM   #28
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star
 
IGOTGAME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,683
Default Re: which current player had highest gpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28renyoy
They don't offer athletic scholarships, but you're insane if they don't lower their standards for certain athletes and then give them academic scholarships. Obviously they're not going to let someone like Derrick Rose, who couldn't even pass the SAT, in but they don't hold athletes as high as regular students.

this. the standards are no where near the same.

btw...the average gpa at Harvard the last time in 2009 was a 3.48. A 3.1 is like the bottom of the class. Don't compare that to Emeka Okafor's 3.8 from a state school or Matt Bonner's 3.96. Put either one of those guys at Harvard and they do the same thing. Hardest thing about Harvard is getting in.

Last edited by IGOTGAME : 06-19-2011 at 02:19 AM.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 02:30 AM   #29
sundizz
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,328
Default Re: which current player had highest gpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
this. the standards are no where near the same.

btw...the average gpa at Harvard the last time in 2009 was a 3.48. A 3.1 is like the bottom of the class. Don't compare that to Emeka Okafor's 3.8 from a state school or Matt Bonner's 3.96. Put either one of those guys at Harvard and they do the same thing. Hardest thing about Harvard is getting in.

You are kidding me right lol? A 3.1 isn't bottom of the class lol. There are a lot of people that don't even graduate, or fail out. Also, the curve at a school like Harvard is a 100x more competitive than at a state school. I know, I transferred from an easier school to a harder school. That 90-100%you are used to getting is now a 75-85. Also, his major was economics at Harvard. Not the type of major you take if you just are trying to skate by and hoop.

Granted he went to school in Palo Alto, so his high school was probably as hard as Harvard lol.
sundizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 02:39 AM   #30
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star
 
IGOTGAME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,683
Default Re: which current player had highest gpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundizz
You are kidding me right lol? A 3.1 isn't bottom of the class lol. There are a lot of people that don't even graduate, or fail out. Also, the curve at a school like Harvard is a 100x more competitive than at a state school. I know, I transferred from an easier school to a harder school. That 90-100%you are used to getting is now a 75-85. Also, his major was economics at Harvard. Not the type of major you take if you just are trying to skate by and hoop.

Granted he went to school in Palo Alto, so his high school was probably as hard as Harvard lol.


you are wrong. look it up. i know this isnt undergrad but just for a easy frame of reference ---Harvard Law doesnt even give out real grades anymore. It is either high pass/pass/low pass. Almost everyone gets a pass.



Last edited by IGOTGAME : 06-19-2011 at 02:41 AM.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:42 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy