Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 06-18-2011, 08:31 PM   #1
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Default FPS Shooters

I'm gaining this tiredness of MW2. Although, it is in favor of being the best FPS out, which can be debated, what are some FPS shooters that you guys have been playing and are great. Whether from your opinions or reviews, post some here. I'm not a fan of Halo.

Is there any shooters out? Not in the near future, I'm talking about something that is good enough to hop on for the next 2-3 months until MW3 & BF3 is out?
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:37 AM   #2
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Default Re: FPS Shooters

Currently there is Crysis 2 and Homefront.You can download the homefront demo right now.Personally i liked it at first but then after a while it got really lame.I'm not too big on graphics but goddamn were they horrible to the point of where you really just cant see people coming at you.

Crysis 2 was pretty decent it adds some cool armor abilitys and very nice graphically.Something is missing though.

Halo Reach.If you didnt like the other Halos your probably not gonna like this.If you liked the other Halos you will be a little disapointed with it.Terrible maps and armor lock is very frustrating.

Medal of Honor.Controls feel nice and look nice.They have something similiar to killstreaks only not as stupid or over powered like COD.Lots of game modes but what sucks is that not a lot of people play the game so you will see alot of familiar gamertags everytime you play.Campaign was great multi was very rushed.Biggest thing i have agianst this game is how over over over over powered the snipers are.One hit kill no matter where and there are no kill cams so its very frustrating to be constantly killed by snipers and not know where they are at.

Cant think of anymore right now but i think your just gonna have to wait for BF3 or MW3
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:58 AM   #3
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Dam. I was thinking of actually getting a ps3 for killzone. Really I need something to play bad.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:04 AM   #4
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

I'm kinda interested in Metro 2033, they showed some footage for the sequel at E3 and it looked pretty cool.

I had some fun with Borderlands. You should be able to pick up the game of the year edition with all the DLC for a decent price.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:36 PM   #5
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
Dam. I was thinking of actually getting a ps3 for killzone. Really I need something to play bad.

Killzone 2 and 3 have good campaigns. The multiplayer is good enough, but you will get owned if you don't have good shooting skills. That's where I prefer Battlefield for my multiplayer cause there's so many other ways to earn points that it doesn't get frustrating.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:10 PM   #6
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

I actually just picked up a ps3 with Killzone 3 about a week ago. Haven't finished it yet, but it seems like a pretty solid game.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:24 PM   #7
Draz
Like a Baoss.

How's online for kz3? Graphics? I heard and seen it's a spray game I don't like that.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:27 PM   #8
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Quote:
How's online for kz3? Graphics? I heard and seen it's a spray game I don't like that.

It's a very good looking game. I haven't played any multiplayer yet though, I'd like to get throught the campaign first.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:13 PM   #9
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Oh alright let me know back.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:50 PM   #10
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

Quote:

You pretty much spawn and get sprayed full of lead in less than 10 seconds and repeat.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:00 PM   #11
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

Anybody can comment on how the PS3 move plays with KZ3? That's got to be the future for shooters there.

Wanted to pick one up a month ago but got busy.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:17 PM   #12
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
Anybody can comment on how the PS3 move plays with KZ3? That's got to be the future for shooters there.

Wanted to pick one up a month ago but got busy.

I saw footage of two move guns being used on KZ3. The people playing it said it takes time to get used to. Looked a little floaty to me.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:07 PM   #13
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
I saw footage of two move guns being used on KZ3. The people playing it said it takes time to get used to. Looked a little floaty to me.
Yes but eventually all PS3 shooters should incorporate this. I'm willing to bet gaming virgins would adapt more easily to the move gun than using the analog stick.

It saw some videos of the move gun as well and it did seem a little floaty. Not like the tight controls you got in the arcade shooters. Of course those guns in the arcade were fixed on a platform.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:27 PM   #14
BlackJoker23
Local High School Star

draz, you should check out some of the stuff on machinima. they have gameplay videos for most fps shooters and you'll find plenty of kz3 stuff in there including gameplay tips, quality of online play, campaign etc. some of the commentaries are hard to listen to though.
BlackJoker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:27 PM   #15
TSFP
Can barely lace up my sneakers

If your PC is decent enough to run Team Fortress 2 then that should be a game to play. It was made free to play yesterday.
TSFP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: