Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-21-2006, 12:37 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

Default Kwame Brown, future star or permanent role player?

Can Kwame Brown emerge into a star, or will he forever just be a big body?
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:47 PM   #2
Spiderman08 24
Banned

He"ll never be a star but he could be a soid 13/7 player as soon as next season.
Spiderman08 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 04:46 PM   #3
hotsizzle
Superstar

i think he'll end up being an 18/9 guy
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:34 PM   #4
TylerTJ10
Can barely lace up my sneakers

i think he will be a star when kobe leaves
it will be his team
TylerTJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:49 PM   #5
whatisfightclub

Just a role player. I can't see him getting too much better than what he showed in the playoffs.
whatisfightclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:08 PM   #6
TylerTJ10

i say u trippin he will become a legend
he is only 24 he got a long time to develope with the lakers or not
Old 06-21-2006, 06:22 PM   #7
LakerFan1086
Serious playground baller

He's not going to get much better. Think about it he's been in the leauge now what like 4 years. Think about if you worked on your game for four years and your still ok. Especially after being the number 1 draft pick and being compared to kevin garnett. I just don't see him getting much better. He misses like 6 points a game just because he can't catch a ball right, then misses like easy 3-point plays because he misses a dunk, or an easy lay-up. When he was in the post against Diaw in the Phoenix series, there were a couple of times that instead of taking him hard inside he would post for a second and then turn around and fadeaway with a jump hook. Also, mentally he gets down on himself way to easily. If he misses a couple of shots he just dissapears from the game.
I just don't think he'll ever develop into a great player as he was highly regarded to become, i do think he could be a pretty good third option with the lakers.
LakerFan1086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:52 PM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

He doesn't have to be an all star but he can be a laker's star.

He will prbably never reach 20 ppg but most centers in this league dont average that much.

the only 2 were shaq and Yao Ming.

But maybe one day he can be one of the better centers and if he's lucky he will be voted to some all star games.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:11 PM   #9
TylerTJ10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerFan1086
He's not going to get much better. Think about it he's been in the leauge now what like 4 years. Think about if you worked on your game for four years and your still ok. Especially after being the number 1 draft pick and being compared to kevin garnett. I just don't see him getting much better. He misses like 6 points a game just because he can't catch a ball right, then misses like easy 3-point plays because he misses a dunk, or an easy lay-up. When he was in the post against Diaw in the Phoenix series, there were a couple of times that instead of taking him hard inside he would post for a second and then turn around and fadeaway with a jump hook. Also, mentally he gets down on himself way to easily. If he misses a couple of shots he just dissapears from the game.
I just don't think he'll ever develop into a great player as he was highly regarded to become, i do think he could be a pretty good third option with the lakers.
man wats wrong with you look at jurmaine oneal it took him about 4 years keep that in mind
Old 06-23-2006, 03:29 AM   #10
LakerFan1086
Serious playground baller

Trust me i'm the first one whos rooting for him to become this dominant big man that we all hope for. However, jermaine oneal did'nt play those four years. JO was not the number 1 draft pick. O'neal still has the ability to just completely dissapeare from games from time to time.
If Kwame fixes little things like catching with both hands, finishing strong, and go hard on mis matches it could easily give hime 8 to 10 more points than he usually averages. But until i see that he can actually fix those problems, I still can't see that star power in him.
LakerFan1086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 02:17 PM   #11
TylerTJ10

i agree with wat u said bout wat he needs to improve on but he had one good season in washington and a solid end of the year. Behind kobe and odom and parker he averaged about 15-16 ppg wat if he was the second option instead of the fourth
Old 06-23-2006, 02:25 PM   #12
Patches O'Houlihan
I brick open layups

He's a permanent roleplayer. Don't get too high on him guys. He will be a solid third option for his career.
Patches O'Houlihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:15 PM   #13
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches O'Houlihan
He's a permanent roleplayer. Don't get too high on him guys. He will be a solid third option for his career.

a third option is good enough for our team. he can average double figures possibly even a double double.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:15 PM   #14
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

Centers these days don't average 20 ppg during a whole season.
Kwame can be a 14 ppg 9 rbg and block a few shots every game and that would make him a cornerstone piece to the franchise. He's still young and works hard on his game. If he learns patience in the post, then he'll be fine.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:42 PM   #15
BOOHYAH310
I airball my layups

If he can score in the teens and get close to double digit rebounding next season, I'd be ecstatic!

I am very encouraged by his defense and ability to help on penetration. I feel that he can become a top 5 defender at the center position before his career is over. Somebody will laugh at me now but I expect the Lakers to be very get a lot of blocks with Mihm and Brown down low next season.

I hope the Lakers are the benefactors of a pretty nice line of former Wizard/Bullet big men that went on to become very nice players. (Rasheed,Ben Wallace,CWebb,J Howard) I'd be stoked to say the least.

If he's gonna become something, why not under the watch of Kareem?
BOOHYAH310 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: