Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-17-2011, 03:45 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Jeremy Tyler may be a solid prospect now

According to a scout who watched Jeremy Tyler in one of his eight workouts, the 19-year-old dispelled fears about his time overseas. He was impressive. And with big hands and a strong NBA-ready body, Tyler is one of those picks that teams with maneuverability would gamble on. The Nets pick 27th and 36th, which is in Tylerís projected range. The Nets tried an upside pick last year with Derrick Favors, whose problem before he was traded, in my opinion, was that he was too passive. I don't see that being a issue with Tyler. Two years ago, however, the Nets took a player with too much confidence, Terrence Williams, and that didn't exactly work out under Avery Johnson, either. NY Daily News
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:04 AM   #2
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

blazerjimmy has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Jeremy Tyler may be a solid prospect now

Wouldn't mind my Blazers taking a shot at him if they could move up in the second round, but I'm pretty sure they won't risk a first round pick on him.
blazerjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 07:17 PM   #3
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

I agree with this. I was watching footage of him today(interviews and gametape). I wouldnt mind the lakers picking him up and hiring Kareem to work with him(assuming that he would)
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 07:19 PM   #4
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerjimmy
Wouldn't mind my Blazers taking a shot at him if they could move up in the second round, but I'm pretty sure they won't risk a first round pick on him.

I would use a first round pick(15-30) on him because what is the worst case you lose out on a bench player? best case you end up with a guy who eventually starts and brings elite athleticism to the front line.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 07:32 PM   #5
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerjimmy

We worked out for us, that's a good sign
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:18 AM   #6
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I know absolutely nothing about his game, but the kid sold me with his interview in Indy. Said ALL the right things. Came off extremely bright and knew exactly what he was doing with his career. He saw hoops as his future and decided to pursue it as quickly as possible and acclimate himself to a professional environment. And, y'know, make some money, ain't nothin wrong with that.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:59 AM   #7
chips93

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I know absolutely nothing about his game, but the kid sold me with his interview in Indy. Said ALL the right things. Came off extremely bright and knew exactly what he was doing with his career. He saw hoops as his future and decided to pursue it as quickly as possible and acclimate himself to a professional environment. And, y'know, make some money, ain't nothin wrong with that.

i've heard that the whole idea to go overseas was his dad's , an that his parents really pushed him into it, and took a lot of his salary, by the sounds of it he was just going along with what his parents had decided for him, not an issue of arrogance or anything like that
Old 06-20-2011, 01:09 AM   #8
Theoo's Daddy
IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST

Theoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryTheoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
i've heard that the whole idea to go overseas was his dad's , an that his parents really pushed him into it, and took a lot of his salary, by the sounds of it he was just going along with what his parents had decided for him, not an issue of arrogance or anything like that

no, it's not true. If it was his dad's idea, they could've moved with him overseas to make and helped to take care of him like brandon jennings parent did. This kid was 17 in a foreign country on his own.. Part of this decision was his own and part of it was the same guys that send jennings overseas. But dude had mad skills in high school. He could've been the 1st pick if he took the traditional route.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaJcyVNju4k
Theoo's Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:22 PM   #9
BarberSchool
93 MJ Uber Alles

BarberSchool is starting to rub some people the wrong way

He looks like he'd be a taller non-anorexic version of Hakim Warrick, very long, very able to rotate and recover in half court D, very good finisher. I'd pick him if I needed a good defensively versatile bench forward right now. Or pick him and try to develop him into a more complete scorer on the offensive end, where he shows just a taste of big time scorers like Glenn Robinson, even though his J needs significant polishing, he's very comfortable handling the ball and moving fluidly like a SF.

Last edited by BarberSchool : 06-20-2011 at 06:26 PM.
BarberSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: