Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-19-2011, 03:18 PM   #1
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

percelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this board
Default Flynn for Douglas talks begin

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...for_jonny.html
percelloveknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 04:08 PM   #2
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Flynn for Douglas talks begin

I saw this earlier.

I'd be content with it if......

We get rid of Balkman's deal, and we get the #20 pick from them, while keeping our own #17.

Since Flynn and TD don't make near the same salary, they have to match up some, and Balkman makes that happen.

But Flynn really doesn't help us from a game perspective.

Our weakness(defense) gets worse because TD was our best outside defender, and maybe our strength(offense) gets better, but that's debatable.

Flynn is not as good of a shooter as Toney, so I still see no positive in this other than another asset for trade bait.

Teams seem to trade for player who have upside (Flynn), vs. players people see all the time, and think they have reached their peak (TD).

For some odd reason we have been getting fleeced by Minny laetly.

Maybe their still mad we didn't trade Frye for KG.

But seriously without that pick...no deal.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:44 PM   #3
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Flynn can run point guard.He can penetrate and dish.Douglas can't.Had Flynn not gotten injured,this wouldn't even be a debate.Let's not get amnesia.We should capitalize on Minnesota's stupidity.I'd do this deal in a NY minute.Pun intended.Maybe Flynn never returns to form BUT maybe he does and becomes the player we almost coulda drafted.That's a big maybe but one thing is for sure...Toney Douglas is NOT a point guard! I'll take mybe over no way any day.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:57 PM   #4
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Knicks are apparently trying to trade for Steve Nash before doing a Flynn deal.

http://www.nesn.com/2011/06/knicks-l...nny-flynn.html
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:59 PM   #5
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Have to disagree Franchize.

I don't see Flynn regaining form, and even if he plays decently, he isn't the starting pg of the future, nor is he the pg for the coach we still have.

He doesn't improve the team overall.

I don't think Flynn's playmaking cover up the fact on offense and defense he is a liability.

Plus Minny is only trying to move him, because Rubio is in the fold.

Minny knows Flynn is hardly gonna play.

Between Ridnour and Rubio, Flynn is gonna rot.

It's about time we fleece them back, instead of giving away our best bench player for a bench player.

Now if it's Rautins, Walker, and Balkman for Flynn and the #20 pick, then I say let's do it.

But a swap....nah, I'll pass.

I'm not bailing Minny out, screw em, they shouldn't have done that dumb shit in 2009 draft.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:40 PM   #6
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Have to disagree Franchize.

I don't see Flynn regaining form, and even if he plays decently, he isn't the starting pg of the future, nor is he the pg for the coach we still have.

He doesn't improve the team overall.

I don't think Flynn's playmaking cover up the fact on offense and defense he is a liability.

Plus Minny is only trying to move him, because Rubio is in the fold.

Minny knows Flynn is hardly gonna play.

Between Ridnour and Rubio, Flynn is gonna rot.

It's about time we fleece them back, instead of giving away our best bench player for a bench player.

Now if it's Rautins, Walker, and Balkman for Flynn and the #20 pick, then I say let's do it.

But a swap....nah, I'll pass.

I'm not bailing Minny out, screw em, they shouldn't have done that dumb shit in 2009 draft.

Agreed.

Stay far away from Jonny Flynn at this point unless you're looking at him as a backup. At the same time he struggled even in Minnesota to fulfill that role.

Minnesota must think we're stupid to take him on after the season he had.

Here is a scouting report on him from a T'Wolves site:

Quote:
The Good: Well, believe it or not, there has been some silver lining to the Jonny Flynn cloud. He is actually a fairly exceptional midrange shooter who shoots above league average from 10-23 feet out. Flynn has also been able to maintain his free throw percentage above 80% that he had in his rookie season.

Quote:
The Bad: A lot. In all seriousness, all of Flynnís from last season that you would want to be as high as possible are as low as possible and all of Flynnís stats that you would want to be lower, are higher. His turnovers appear to be down 0.7 per game but he hasnít played nearly as many minutes as he did his rookie season. Making up for this with his Per 36 Minute averages, we say that they are actually up 0.7 per game and his fouls per game show a similar trend when you compare Basic Stats to Per 36 stats. Flynnís defense has also been subpar, with a 113 rating this season, which is likely a combination of being undersized and poor decision making (such as running away from screens, instead of with them).

A strong example of Flynnís poor decision making is his 1.52 assists to turnover ratio, which is nearly 1 full point below average.

Finally, his PER this season (7.1) is nearly half of what it was last season (13.0). Could there be some lingering effects of the hip injury or ill-effects of time missed causing him to be out-of-sync? Hopefully so, because at least that can improve with time.

Putting stats aside for a second to talk intangibles, Flynn has yet to exhibit the touted leadership qualities that were mentioned with him coming out of Syracuse. At times, weíve seen Flynn become far too emotional on the court and even on the bench by arguing with Coach Rambis in some cases. Flynn has a charismatic personality that is well-suited for TV but has, at times, set a negative example and precedent in the locker room.

Yikes.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:32 PM   #7
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wow some ppl are as fickle as they come.This dude had one bad year due to injury and terrible coaching AND management and already he's a lost cause? I dont get how he's an offensive liability.If you're counting last year,that's unfair.He was rushed back onto the court.His hip never healed.He said it was sore and the only reason he played was because the TWolves wouldnt say his job was safe when he got back.N since when does Minnesota's "scoutin the reports" matter?They are the same team who's had about 8 pg in the last two years.They're the same team who is going out their way for Ricky Rubio. Yes Ricky Rubio...the guy who came off the bench in Europe and avg 6 ppg.
The guy was hurt.I dont get it.Gallo got the same pass TWICE when he played injured from most of you guys.That said,even with his poor,injury plagued season,his career averages are better than Douglas.I can't believe I'm the only guy who sees this is a no brainer.Minnesota is my vote for the most poorly run franchise in the league so the day I care about their opinion is the day I'd give D'Antoni a contract extension. Sorry i had to lol literally at that one.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:33 PM   #8
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

That being said,why trade for Flynn when you can get Sebastian w/o trading anyone.Trade Douglas for a bigman.Trade him and the 17th pick in a sign and trade for DeAndre Jordan
Old 06-19-2011, 08:00 PM   #9
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
That being said,why trade for Flynn when you can get Sebastian w/o trading anyone.Trade Douglas for a bigman.Trade him and the 17th pick in a sign and trade for DeAndre Jordan
Clips ain't doing that, you know it too.

I'd pick up Telfair for a minimum deal though.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:07 PM   #10
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Wow some ppl are as fickle as they come.This dude had one bad year due to injury and terrible coaching AND management and already he's a lost cause? I dont get how he's an offensive liability.If you're counting last year,that's unfair.He was rushed back onto the court.His hip never healed.He said it was sore and the only reason he played was because the TWolves wouldnt say his job was safe when he got back.N since when does Minnesota's "scoutin the reports" matter?They are the same team who's had about 8 pg in the last two years.They're the same team who is going out their way for Ricky Rubio. Yes Ricky Rubio...the guy who came off the bench in Europe and avg 6 ppg.
The guy was hurt.I dont get it.Gallo got the same pass TWICE when he played injured from most of you guys.That said,even with his poor,injury plagued season,his career averages are better than Douglas.I can't believe I'm the only guy who sees this is a no brainer.Minnesota is my vote for the most poorly run franchise in the league so the day I care about their opinion is the day I'd give D'Antoni a contract extension. Sorry i had to lol literally at that one.
I know this wasn't geared directly at me, but you gotta feel the only reason why Minny is listening is because they need a bailout.

So even if we don't fleece em, damn we should come up off the deal.

Flynn is not a come-up.

If Minny wants to get some more flexibility, give us the pick as well.

Dude already makes triple what TD does, and we all know he is not 3x the player.

His injuries really isn't a concern of mine.

BTW isn't Minny's exec a long time friend and protege of Walsh?

Damn can we cash in on that at least?
Old 06-19-2011, 10:35 PM   #11
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

lets get it done, tired of douglass shooting 3 pointers with his eyes closed half the time, hes been the most fustrating to watch all season aside from jared jeffries for half a season.
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:50 PM   #12
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
lets get it done, tired of douglass shooting 3 pointers with his eyes closed half the time, hes been the most fustrating to watch all season aside from jared jeffries for half a season.

For what it's worth, those blind 3-pointers go in. The upgrade to replacing Douglas is the ability of other PG's to continue to spread the floor and look for the open man, something Douglas has not done yet and probably never will. Douglas is good for off the bench scoring and defense. Nothing wrong with that.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:27 AM   #13
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Bottom line is we need a backup point guard and Douglas isn't it.If we're going to have an undersized guy pretending to be a pg and hoisting up shots, we might as well go get Nate Robinson back.He's a better scorer and ball handler.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:54 PM   #14
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Bottom line is we need a backup point guard and Douglas isn't it.If we're going to have an undersized guy pretending to be a pg and hoisting up shots, we might as well go get Nate Robinson back.He's a better scorer and ball handler.
we need to start somewhere at least with developing a decent pg and douglas isnt the one for the job,
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:16 PM   #15
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Knicks are apparently trying to trade for Steve Nash before doing a Flynn deal.

http://www.nesn.com/2011/06/knicks-l...nny-flynn.html
this would be awesome
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: