Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 06-20-2011, 08:34 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default SDSU loses basketball recruit Kevin Young to Kansas

The San Diego Union-Tribune reports:

In a week where San Diego State landed men’s basketball commitments from two major recruits, it also lost one. Kevin Young, a former Loyola Marymount player who committed to the Aztecs in November, announced Friday he is headed to Kansas instead.

In fact, he's already there.

The 6-foot-8 Young was spotted on the Lawrence, Kan., campus earlier this week and rumors began swirling through cyberspace that he was close to becoming a Jayhawk. The school made it official Friday afternoon by posting a release on the athletic department website and listed him as an enrolled student on the university website's "people search" function.

"I'm disappointed that a young man who I am very fond of would not feel an obligation to honor an eight-month commitment," Aztecs coach Steve Fisher said. "And I'm equally disappointed in a program and coach I'm very fond of to pursue a player who made an eight-month commitment."

While Young might be violating the spirit of his commitment to the Aztecs, there is nothing preventing him from doing so. College athletes are allowed to sign one national letter of intent during their careers – tying them to that school – and Young did so with Loyola Marymount. With SDSU, he instead signed a financial-aid agreement that binds the school to him but not him to the school.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: