Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-22-2011, 08:50 AM   #1
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Question - Are Trades Allowed Now?

Are trades allowed now or not till draft night? Seems like lots of chatter but nothing actually occurring...i'm wondering if the moratorium is still in effect.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:09 AM   #2
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Question - Are Trades Allowed Now?

Yeah. Technically teams can trade right after their season is over (knocked of the playoffs). But we usually don't see trades until after the Finals b/c teams like to negotiate with everyone and Stern doesn't want trade rumors ruining the playoffs.

The reason we haven't seen trades yet is probably because of the CBA uncertainty. Most teams are afraid to add any money to their payrolls without knowing the new CBA. Also, it usually takes on trade (in this case #2 from Minny most likely) to set off a chain reaction/domino effect.

But if your expecting NY to make a trade, I'd expect it on draft night. Just because we can't trade our pick until we make a selection. Also any other picks we get would be on draft night b/c teams don't like selling picks until they see the board (although I read we're close to getting 30 from Chicago. saw on h00psworld).
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:53 AM   #3
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

I've only known of one trade to go down before the playoffs ended since I've been a bigtime fan of basketball. That was in 1996 when Jalen Rose, Reggie Williams, and a 1st round pick (which turned out to be Erick Dampier) were traded to Indiana from Denver for Mark Jackson and Ricky Pierce, and a 1st round pick (Efthimis Rentzias). I remember thinking it was odd that a draft went down before the Finals were over.

But teams can do trades up to the CBA ends on July 1st or June 30th or whatever. I guess they can start trading again once the playoffs start and they are eliminated. So I guess two lottery teams could trade with each other once the playoffs start.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:25 PM   #4
jbryan1984
Good college starter

jbryan1984 is considered somewhat cooljbryan1984 is considered somewhat cool

Yes they can trade because traded players contracts are active, they are already written regardless of the new CBA. Only free agents and rookies cannot be signed.
jbryan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:44 PM   #5
kurple
NBA All-star

kurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation here

Can you trade a rookie the same summer you draft him? Not just on draft night?
kurple is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:51 PM   #6
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurple
Can you trade a rookie the same summer you draft him? Not just on draft night?

Yes you can.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: