Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2011, 06:52 PM   #1
Ne 1
College superstar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,754
Default The legendary John Wooden said Kobe Bryant is the best player he ever seen

Things to consider:

- He has watched every great player in history.
- He is aware about the strengths and weaknesses of every era.
- He watched a TON of Laker games (so it's not like he was being hyped into believing it) and has seen more games than anyone else on this site.
- As far as I know, he has no agenda. Completely unbiased opinion here.
- This is John freaking Wooden. He knew more about basketball than you could ever hope. He would laugh in your face if you ever presented him with a bunch of trash stats to make your case, he understands that there is more to the game.
- Jerry "the GOAT talent evaluator" West named Kobe as the top 5 players ever right? If you are going to agree with him on everything, then why ignore this?
















Ne 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:55 PM   #2
iamgine
...
 
iamgine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 13,533
Default Re: The legendary John Wooden said Kobe Bryant is the best player he ever seen

Little known fact:

- John Wooden loved to troll.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:57 PM   #3
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste
 
creepingdeath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Berlin
Posts: 4,045
Default Re: The legendary John Wooden said Kobe Bryant is the best player he ever seen

creepingdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:59 PM   #4
asdf1990
College star
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,054
Default Re: The legendary John Wooden said Kobe Bryant is the best player he ever seen

about 50+ other basketball legends beg to differ. Who is the greatest is all an opinion. U think kobe is the greatest. Other people think its kareem, magic, wilt, russell, bird or Jordan.
asdf1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:02 PM   #5
kaiiu
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7,205
Default Re: The legendary John Wooden said Kobe Bryant is the best player he ever seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepingdeath
kaiiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:05 PM   #6
N0Skillz
Master
 
N0Skillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,433
Default Re: The legendary John Wooden said Kobe Bryant is the best player he ever seen

John Wooden is correct

/thread
N0Skillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:09 PM   #7
Duncan21formvp
Good college starter
 
Duncan21formvp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,280
Default Re: The legendary John Wooden said Kobe Bryant is the best player he ever seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne 1
Things to consider:

- He has watched every great player in history.
- He is aware about the strengths and weaknesses of every era.
- He watched a TON of Laker games (so it's not like he was being hyped into believing it) and has seen more games than anyone else on this site.
- As far as I know, he has no agenda. Completely unbiased opinion here.
- This is John freaking Wooden. He knew more about basketball than you could ever hope. He would laugh in your face if you ever presented him with a bunch of trash stats to make your case, he understands that there is more to the game.
- Jerry "the GOAT talent evaluator" West named Kobe as the top 5 players ever right? If you are going to agree with him on everything, then why ignore this?

















Because he is not the best ever or even top 5. He lost with HCA twice and was swept as well and never led a championship team in production. Never led a team in Win Shares on the season anytime LA won it.
Duncan21formvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:14 PM   #8
Ne 1
College superstar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,754
Default Re: The legendary John Wooden said Kobe Bryant is the best player he ever seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan21formvp
Because he is not the best ever or even top 5. He lost with HCA twice and was swept as well and never led a championship team in production. Never led a team in Win Shares on the season anytime LA won it.

http://www.u-mad.org/haterz.html
Ne 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:17 PM   #9
97 bulls
NBA Superstar
 
97 bulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,975
Default Re: The legendary John Wooden said Kobe Bryant is the best player he ever seen

John wooden was about 97 years old when he said that. Come on
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:19 PM   #10
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?
 
bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 11,155
Default Re: The legendary John Wooden said Kobe Bryant is the best player he ever seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan21formvp
Because he is not the best ever or even top 5. He lost with HCA twice and was swept as well and never led a championship team in production. Never led a team in Win Shares on the season anytime LA won it.

Win Shares? Really!? Win Shares?

Have you ever even played basketball?
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:20 PM   #11
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned
 
Eat Like A Bosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Inside LeBron's head
Posts: 5,040
Default Re: The legendary John Wooden said Kobe Bryant is the best player he ever seen

Dude died last year...
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:20 PM   #12
Ne 1
College superstar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,754
Default Re: The legendary John Wooden said Kobe Bryant is the best player he ever seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
John wooden was about 97 years old when he said that. Come on

Doesn't make what he said any less true. If a 97 year old man says Kobe is the best player he ever saw that tells you all you need to know. He witnessed every great player in NBA history!
Ne 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:20 PM   #13
RoseCity07
NBA Legend
 
RoseCity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Portland
Posts: 17,288
Default Re: The legendary John Wooden said Kobe Bryant is the best player he ever seen

Kobe is one of the most skilled ever, but imitation of Mj is still imitation. Nothing is better than the original. If Kobe was better I think his averages would be higher and his field goal percentage would be better. At least close to Mj.
RoseCity07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:26 PM   #14
Ne 1
College superstar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,754
Default Re: The legendary John Wooden said Kobe Bryant is the best player he ever seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
Kobe is one of the most skilled ever, but imitation of Mj is still imitation. Nothing is better than the original. If Kobe was better I think his averages would be higher and his field goal percentage would be better. At least close to Mj.

Truly delusional.
Ne 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:26 PM   #15
Mr. Jabbar
l38ron
 
Mr. Jabbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: l38ron
Posts: 20,379
Default Re: The legendary John Wooden said Kobe Bryant is the best player he ever seen

Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:02 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy