Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-21-2011, 08:42 PM   #16
niko
I Run NY.

Default Re: Pat Riley says LeBron James does not need a go-to move

Lebron is sensitive and wouldn't work on one anyway so Riley just tried to make it waht Lebron should do to avoid the confrontation on it. That's all.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:45 PM   #17
Mr. Jabbar
Da Real Lambo

Lebrons go-to move:

Walk to the locker room while his rivals rise the Larry O'brien.
Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:46 PM   #18
Bone Machine
Kids at the park dunk on me

He already has the crab dribble.
Bone Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:47 PM   #19
kaiiu
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
Lebrons go-to move:

Walk to the locker room while his rivals rise the Larry O'brien.
damn he already has 2 of these on his resume
kaiiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:27 PM   #20
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phong

Lmao how did the refs let this guy get away with that? And Miami fans want to say the series was called fairly
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:29 PM   #21
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phong
I shook my head at these type of shit when he played for my team. It disgusts me at times. I'm all for the Cavaliers winning when he was there, but I literally would yell at my screen when they would let stuff like that go. I want a fair league before I want a winning team.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:30 PM   #22
ballerz
Local High School Star

He does have a go to move. Shooting bricks
ballerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:51 PM   #23
Theoo's Daddy
IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballerz
He does have a go to move. Shooting bricks

not sure if serious.
Theoo's Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:57 PM   #24
cteach111
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoo's Daddy
not sure if serious.

oh he's srs
cteach111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:58 PM   #25
gilalizard
National High School Star

LeBron's go to move was going to play with dwhistle.
gilalizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:00 AM   #26
hawkfan
Billy Ocean Fan

He needs to develop his low post game, like Charles Barkley said.

Same thing Dirk had to do and it worked. Same thing that Kevin Durant has to do.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:07 AM   #27
kkling

I don't know which games Riley was watching, but Lebron clearly needs a go to move when a team is playing good zone defense, he may as well not be on the floor when this happens.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:36 AM   #28
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

Riley's not stupid. He isn't going to call out LeBron James in the media. Wade made LeBron look like a bitch in the Finals and we all saw how that turned out. You don't speak down to the King.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:25 AM   #29
jlip
Good college starter

Pat Riley is speaking the truth, and not just boosting the morale of his star player who sucked in the Finals.

Winning and losing impact people's perception of a player's individual abilities way too much. If a person wins a title, then the analysis is that it's because his game improved and is now complete. If he loses, then he needs to go work on some more moves, as if no other factors played a role in the results. Losing always magnifies a players faults, while winning allows us to ignore them.

Could Lebron develop a post game, and improve his offensive arsenal? Yes. But if anyone thinks that the difference between him winning a title is whether he develops a "go to move" or a better low post game, then he obviously is not watching the game. If you think that the reason Kobe won titles in '09 and '10 is because he had a "post game" or a good fade away jumper then you obviously didn't watch those Finals.

Seriously, we are actually sitting here criticizing the scoring abilities of a player who has the 3rd highest regular season and 5th highest playoff scoring averages in the history of the NBA. He has the highest scoring average of any current player in the game. He is the only wing player to average over 25ppg while shooting over 50% from the field in consecutive seasons since MJ. He led the league in 4th quarter scoring for at least 3 consecutive seasons. In the 2 series before the Finals he took over several 4th quarters with the same lack of post game while playing against the 2 best defenses in the league. It's obvious that he has proven that he has the ability to put the ball in the basket with the best scorers of his generation including those who supposedly have all of these "moves" even in clutch situations.

We get it. Lebron sucked offensively in the Finals, but his historically pitiful showing had absolutely nothing to do with a lack of scoring skills, having no "go to move", or being shut down by some zone. The Mavs zone didn't shut down Lebron. Lebron shut himself down. He has played against teams that ran zone against him before such as the '08 Celtics, and while he shot poorly against them, he was at least aggressive and shot himself out of the slump. In these Finals Lebron just stopped trying to score after game 2. If the Mavs zone had been effective he would have been going 7-22 or 8-25. Instead he was shooting like 3-11, 6-14, 8-15 refusing to even try to look for his shot. That's not getting shut down. That's just giving no effort. He came into this playoffs holding the record for the most fta per game at over 10 attempts per game. In the Finals he only attempts 3 per game. Mario Chalmers attempted more fts than Lebron in 90 fewer minutes. That shows that he just wasn't trying.

Lebron's failure to score many times in certain situations has more to do with what's going on between his ears than his foot work. He needs to develop a more consistent "killer instinct" more than he does a post game or another "go to move".

Last edited by jlip : 06-22-2011 at 01:45 AM.
jlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:08 AM   #30
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
I shook my head at these type of shit when he played for my team. It disgusts me at times. I'm all for the Cavaliers winning when he was there, but I literally would yell at my screen when they would let stuff like that go. I want a fair league before I want a winning team.
Like players get superstar calls, and I don't even have a problem with that ... I'm all for protecting investments to the league. And players get away with travels from time to time. But I've NEVER seen a player get away with such appalling and gaudy ... IN YOUR FACE ... illegal moves.

Like the play where he BLATANTLY traveled on a jumper that won the game v.s. the Bulls. He set his feet and then shuffled BOTH pivot feet (you're only supposed to have one) and he rises up shoots the jumper and there is no call ... and I'm like WTF
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: