Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-21-2011, 09:56 PM   #16
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Default Re: Almost OD'd yesterday from a blunt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitamink420
What the hell are you talking about? I've never heard of pesticides being used for marijuana, it's usually grown inside, unless you're smoking dirty Mexican weed.
Lol, weed gets bugs and plagues even when grown indoors, it's very common. However, there are different means to deal with them and, while pesticides are probably the most effective, it doesn't sound like a good idea to me.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:09 PM   #17
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Last edited by rufuspaul : 06-21-2011 at 10:13 PM.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:57 PM   #18
macmac
Gov'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
same as with all other crops, i would think. a method of killing any of the many insects (or competing plants) which feed on the crop, limiting and slowing its growth.

sad thing is, cannabis has such resistance somewhat built-in due to its rich alkaloid mix, similar to tobacco... another plant which becomes poisonous (radioactive, actually) by the way it's rush-grown in the states.

meanwhile, the DEA still stupidly and pointlessly targets cannabis as one of its biggest trangressors in the USA.

Insecticides will not in any way speed up a crop, that's nutrients ...and weed mostly has spider mites that live under the leaves which can get taken care of in various ways whether it's simply water or more potent foliar sprays...it's very rare that pesticides ever get used because they'll ruin the fruit and the taste...in any case, no true grower will grow a crop quickly not to get caught, unless it's outdoor...indoor spots are long term investments...smoke good product you'll never have to worry about the misinformed garbage u spew
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:59 PM   #19
8BeastlyXOIAD
3-time NBA All-Star

Didn't Read
8BeastlyXOIAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:00 AM   #20
Draz
The People's Choice

All of my friends smoke weed and I never gives in to smoking but I want to see what it's like if I try once will it make me addicted? Stupid question for my virgin lungs, I just want to see why people are so into it that's all.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:12 AM   #21
JtotheIzzo
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
so i'm into blunts of late since i got a lot of swag weed to waste. I've been getting these blunt wraps called Juicy that come in all kinds of flavors. They're all processed and come neatly packaged around a straw to keep the curves and sealed to keep them from being brittle. I've gone thru most of them so i was up for trying something new last weekend friday. the head shop workers tell me they got this new pure tobacco wrap but haven't opened up the case yet. i was like alright give me a package, its this big package called Fronto King, natural tobacco leaf.

i get home, put some swag in my grinder, open up this package, and its like this blanket(size of about 20 blunt papers) of tobacco. it feels like theres some sort of resin on it too but i thought it was no big deal. I cut a slightly larger than usual blunt out, empty the grinder, and start rolling. I notice its rolling all crumbly like if i were holding it like a cigarette it would just fold limp but i still had to dry it out after spitting it sealed so who knows after that...i put it in the microwave for about 14 seconds. it got sturdier luckily, and get on my porch to smoke it. i light it up, start puffing, and its smoking pretty good. It was burning real slow which i guess was some moisture still in the leaf but at least it kept it from wasting away when i wasn't puffing.

So i've taken like 6 puffs so far, probably 1/3 killed it(it generally takes me about 3-4 separate sessions to kill your avg blunt), and i get this sudden rush of fever. Its so bad that i can't even smoke, i'm waiting for it to go away, but its getting worse and worse. Its getting so bad that i'm shaking. last time i felt this bad was when i got food poisoned and stayed up the whole night dry heaving next to a toilet until i passed out from exhaustion. needless to say it was REAL bad flu like symptoms going on, out of nowhere. i walk back in, and i'm just feeling like shit, just a second ago i was perfectly fine if not wanting to go out and on the drop of a dime i'm feeling sicker than i have from anything in the last 10 years~. its so bad that the dump i had to take felt like it was sick, and i rushed to the bathroom to poop it out. I'd be lying if i said that didn't help some, but it still felt like my insides were feeling real sick too, including my head, basically really bad flu like symptoms. i'm also feeling like a zombie where i'm in a stupor because of how bad the sick feeling is. i'm laying there sideways on my bed thinking i could die for like an hour....real talk.

luckily, eventually, the pain/flu faded into nothing after some time and a nap. Shit was crazy tho

so much fail in this post.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:04 AM   #22
SCY
Put yr guns up

What a load of B-S.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:23 AM   #23
Godzuki
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatDeraj
I'd say it was probably too much tobacco/nicotine

i don't smoke cigarettes or chew tobacco so you guys saying that are probably right. in fact i hate cigarette smoke in general.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:25 AM   #24
Godzuki
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
yea...

except for shitty weed is called shwag, not swag.

so I'm going to guess you made all this up.

if true, this basically means you can't handle strong tobacco.

maybe you fools overlooked this part:

Quote:
its so bad that the dump i had to take felt like it was sick, and i rushed to the bathroom to poop it out. I'd be lying if i said that didn't help some, but it still felt like my insides were feeling real sick too, including my head, basically really bad flu like symptoms. i'm also feeling like a zombie where i'm in a stupor because of how bad the sick feeling is. i'm laying there sideways on my bed thinking i could die for like an hour....real talk.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:26 AM   #25
Godzuki
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
so much fail in this post.

if half of you here ever share anything worth reading i'll be impressed
Old 06-22-2011, 08:28 AM   #26
Godzuki
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
This.

Troll post is troll post.

u guys shouldn't take every word so literally. but yeah it felt like i almost OD'd...

everyone is so paranoid of troll posts here its dumb.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:29 AM   #27
Godzuki
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
What a load of B-S.

\whats so hard to believe? if anything i couldn't make half those details up.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:34 AM   #28
Godzuki
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
All of my friends smoke weed and I never gives in to smoking but I want to see what it's like if I try once will it make me addicted? Stupid question for my virgin lungs, I just want to see why people are so into it that's all.

the only addictive part of weed is if you enjoy the high part, but chemically its not addicting at all. if anything it can be habitually addicting where when people smoke a lot they get into such a regularity or routine it becomes a regularity thats hard to break.

u don't even have to go buy weed from some shady hoody, go buy some of that over the counter synthetic weed. try some tobacco shops around where you live unless you know of a head shop, you can probably find some there. it tastes and smokes much worse than weed, but it can get you more baked. also sometimes, or a lot of times people dont get high their first time trying it, i know i didnt.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:48 AM   #29
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Smokee can't smoke for shit.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:00 AM   #30
tpols
we already won

Same thing happened to me like the second or third time I smoked.. except I had to swallow the roach because we got pulled over by a cop. When I got home, I was throwing up everywhere and I felt pale as a ghost. Then the weed makes you anxious and you worry about dying.. but it's never that serious.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: