Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-22-2011, 09:58 AM   #1
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation
Default Spurs talking to Raptors on draft day ?

08:06 AM ET 06.22 | Tony Parker may not be around to find out just how slim San Antonio's title chances are. [The Spurs] are engaged in discussions about trading [Parker] to secure a high pick in Thursday's draft, league sources told Yahoo! Sports. The Spurs have talked to teams in the lottery, including the Toronto Raptors and Sacramento Kings, who hold the fifth and seventh picks, respectively. The Kings are determined to get a frontline point guard, and have also talked with the Denver Nuggets about Raymond Felton. It's unclear who the Spurs would prefer to take if they acquired a high lottery pick. If the Spurs were to trade Parker, George Hill could become their starting point guard. League sources said Hill also has drawn trade interest from teams willing to give the Spurs a pick near the back end of the lottery.

Read more: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...#ixzz1Q0dHfQlv

The Big question : Parker for who ??

Parkers contract is not offset by the 5th round draft pick so it must be Parker + their draft = ??? plus our 5th (Kemba Walker or Brandon Knight - Spur?)
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:06 AM   #2
Jballer
Local High School Star

Default Re: Rockets - Bucks rumours - but so are Raptors

Rockets looking to move up.

Fan nation says the bucks at 10 with the Rockets way down in the 20's.

I dont think the Rockets get anything they want at 10 (??)

One of the Euro Centers (K or V) will still be available. One of Brandon Knight or Kemba Walker will be available all of whcih fits the Rockets needs.

More gist suggests Raptors are active in discussing moving down.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:44 AM   #3
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Spurs talking to Raptors on draft day ?

i like tony parker. hows his contract?
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:54 AM   #4
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
i like tony parker. hows his contract?

ugly. contract extension starts this season (4 years/$50 million).
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:06 PM   #5
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Talent wise if you could get a Parker level player at 5 I would be very pleased but he just doesn't fit the timeline of the team. I have no problem taking players that may take a few years to emerge but Parker in contrast may be finished by the time the Raptor's emerge (if at all).
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:14 PM   #6
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Raptors should stay away.

Trading youth and draft picks for good veterans is something a good team should do in an attempt to become great. The Raptors are a terrible team and this would merely make them "bad". This would have been a smart move 3 years ago to put someone beside Bosh. Not now.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:42 PM   #7
AC Earl
I airball my layups

AC Earl has an OK reputation so far

SA trying to include Richard Jefferson in any trade for Tony Parker. I hope the Raps stay away from this.
AC Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:29 PM   #8
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Parker makes $50 million over the next 4 seasons. Jefferson makes $30 million over the next 3 seasons.

Both are older and declining veterans that makes too much. I think it's just speculation because the Spurs know they need to get younger and shed some excess salary. They are targeting Valanciunas with supposedly our 5th pick or Sacramento's 7th pick.

I can't see Colangelo making this deal.

How about Calderon, Kleiza and the 5th overall pick for Josh Smith? I like that trade a little bit better.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:33 PM   #9
Doko
High School Starter

Doko has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
Parker makes $50 million over the next 4 seasons. Jefferson makes $30 million over the next 3 seasons.

Both are older and declining veterans that makes too much. I think it's just speculation because the Spurs know they need to get younger and shed some excess salary. They are targeting Valanciunas with supposedly our 5th pick or Sacramento's 7th pick.

I can't see Colangelo making this deal.

How about Calderon, Kleiza and the 5th overall pick for Josh Smith? I like that trade a little bit better.

I'm pretty sure Atlanta doesn't, unfortunately.
I'd like to keep Jose tho, and our biggest need is at C... I wonder what does Dallas want for Haywood.
Doko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:43 PM   #10
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Bargs and Parkers contracts are close :)
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:44 PM   #11
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
Bargs and Parkers contracts are close :)

I still wouldn't do it with Calderon under contract as well.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:45 PM   #12
Jballer
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni

Which is 22 Million per season over 3 and 4 years

No way SA can move both in one deal; even those two for Barges and Jose is at best a wash in terms of dollars and years.

I would suspect SA is looking to do a Parker and draft for Player and draft. They pick a good pg prospect (Knight / Walker / Jfred??) and try to shed years to maturity on Parkers contract i.e. 2 years instead of 3.

Makes sense for them... us less so.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:09 PM   #13
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

No need to worry, Raps aren't taking back RJ.

Quote:
ESPN’s Marc Stein tweeted earlier that San Antonio wants to attach Richard Jefferson and the $30 million left on his deal into the trade, which would ultimately screw up any opportunity to deal with Toronto or Sacramento. Neither of them would want Jefferson.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:13 PM   #14
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I wasn't even worried. Not even Colangelo is that dumb.

Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:16 PM   #15
Jballer
Local High School Star

Frankly precludes more than Toronto or Sacramento... i doubt there is any team able to take both contracts Parker and RJ unless they are named Dallas Mavericks or LA Lakers and are willing to pay the luxury tax to win at any cost.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: