Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-22-2006, 03:19 AM   #136
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well I read through the whole thread. I'd like to think everyone for supporting me and giving me some advice. I hate screwing up my first semester, but I don't feel bad since I know I still have four years of school left. I know I can get A's next semester. I've never been afraid of a challenge, and this is certainly a challenge.

During this winter break I've reflected on my past semester and determined for an engineering I just didn't try hard enough as I would like to think, thankfully I have plenty of time to make up for my horrible grades. For now I will have to just chill out and accept that my first semester was a disaster but will definately try to the most of my abilities next semester. I do have 26 hours worth of 'A' transfer credits I plan to claim so I do hope that will boost my GPA up to a decent looking grade next semester.

SportstownUSA, I read your post and I'm considering changing my schedule to have Moore. I heard he was a good professor and by you saying that as well it definately helps me restructure my schedule for next semester. Next semester I plan to do many things I didn't do this semester. This is a well learned lesson in life, and I don't think I'm the first student to suffer from this type of problem. I'm not an idiot and I would like to prove to everyone that doubts me that I'm not an idiot.

I've never had anyone in my family go to college. It's hard to come back with a C GPA, but I have to deal with it. I really want to be a Civil Engineer and I will try my hardest to do my best possible. Perhaps this semester was a fluke. I will not make up excuses though and just face this like a man. Sports, I would like to meet you.

Thank You very much ISH posters,
Isaac
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 03:20 AM   #137
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

what happendn tyo you?
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:39 PM   #138
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

way to go pgito. by the way were you top 10% at some school?
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:53 PM   #139
joewait
National High School Star

joewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cool

I got As in all my physics and chemistry and math classes. My lowest grades were 2 Cs in corporate finance and international finance.
joewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:59 PM   #140
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

BTW joewait someone in here needs your advice on pre-med. Not sure who though
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 02:01 PM   #141
joewait

joewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
BTW joewait someone in here needs your advice on pre-med. Not sure who though

my advice on pre med is to get as close as you can to an A in every science class, do a fluff major like sociology or psychology, and do research
Old 12-22-2006, 02:11 PM   #142
Voratian
Serious playground baller

Voratian has an OK reputation so far

I just rely on my ability for the most part to succeed at Univ. But bear in mind my overall GPA is sub-3.0 since I just concentrate on my major's coursework and blow off the rest.
Voratian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 02:17 PM   #143
sportstownusa
Yup

sportstownusa has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewait
my advice on pre med is to get as close as you can to an A in every science class, do a fluff major like sociology or psychology, and do research

i guess 2 out of 3 aint too bad.

the one negative being having a fluff major (biomed. engineering)
sportstownusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 02:20 PM   #144
joewait

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportstownusa
i guess 2 out of 3 aint too bad.

the one negative being having a fluff major (biomed. engineering)

a lot of schools want you to have a liberal arts background. So engineering hurts in 2 ways: 1. it's not a traditional liberal arts major 2. It's difficult
Old 12-22-2006, 02:30 PM   #145
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
But bear in mind my overall GPA is sub-3.0 since I just concentrate on my major's coursework and blow off the rest.

Isn't that really what matters though?? I get somewhat weak grades in my elective courses simply because I don't give a damn, they are just there to fill out my schedule.

I will be applying to grad school coming up and they only look at your marks in your main degree courses.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: