Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-21-2006, 05:01 PM   #31
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Never been said better

Where do you find them at? What if you are shy?
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 05:02 PM   #32
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
depends what major you take in the end.

if you are in the sciences, you will definitely get smacked down numerous times unless you are a natural science whiz or an extremely hard worker.

if you are a communications major and you do poorly, you are lazy.

what about a Business Administration and Political Science major?
Old 12-21-2006, 05:04 PM   #33
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige
Where do you find them at? What if you are shy?

outta luck then

you go to frat parties to meet chicks. you go to your dorm lounge to meet chicks. you talk to some really hot chick who is in one of your classes and is sitting alone. you just say stuff.

then when you feel like you've clicked, you just gotta ask em to fukc. unless you are completely unattractive, or if the girl is a goody goody, she's saying yes in college.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 05:04 PM   #34
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

larfing my arse off
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 05:06 PM   #35
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

of coures this depends what kind of school you go to.

if you go to a top tiered school, this may not necessarily be the case because:

1) smarter girls tend to be unattractive girls
2) smarter girls tend to be goody goody girls
3) smarter guys tend not to have the experience or guts
4) all the hotter smart chicks are feminists
5) all the hotter smart chicks are concentrated in sororities and are out of your reach.

but my friend at SUNY Albany, first day in the dorm, this chick asks him if he wants to see her boobs.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:07 PM   #36
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Quote:
outta luck then

you go to frat parties to meet chicks. you go to your dorm lounge to meet chicks. you talk to some really hot chick who is in one of your classes and is sitting alone. you just say stuff.

then when you feel like you've clicked, you just gotta ask em to fukc. unless you are completely unattractive, or if the girl is a goody goody, she's saying yes in college.

My college doesn't have dorms. It is a community college. What do I do man?
Old 12-21-2006, 05:08 PM   #37
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige
My college doesn't have dorms. It is a community college. What do I do man?

then you need to turn gay. I'm sorry.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 05:09 PM   #38
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re

sorry with next to no student body concentration, you have effectively missed out on the "Animal house" part of the college experience.

you'll have to just get a girlfriend and plow her to next July.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:12 PM   #39
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Quote:
sorry with next to no student body concentration, you have effectively missed out on the "Animal house" part of the college experience.

you'll have to just get a girlfriend and plow her to next July.

Have you missed out? You got some?
Old 12-21-2006, 05:14 PM   #40
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re

im in my last semester at NYU.

i am about to go to Business school, get an MBA and hopefully work in a big bank someday.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:16 PM   #41
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
dude... tell me about it. thats my 2nd choice.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 05:16 PM   #42
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Quote:

i am about to go to Business school, get an MBA and hopefully work in a big bank someday.

Have you ever got some?

How much money can you get with the career you want?
Old 12-21-2006, 05:22 PM   #43
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
dude... tell me about it. thats my 2nd choice.

awesome experience. life in the heart of the big city.

academically, it is on par with many universities, and the Stern school I am in is one of the best business programs in the nation. not to mention the fact this school is in New york city there are many many opportunities for you to get a headstart on your career here.

living wise? the dorms are all former hotels that were retrofitted. how's that for luxury?

food? who ever eats cafeteria food when you can get gourmet Thai, French, Meditterreanean, or get some burgers or Chinese nearby?

chicks? wild. in my freshman year, there was this couple notorious for having sex with their drapes open to the public... to the public... in a first floor dorm room.

nightlife? New york city. nuff said.

local sports teams? well you can take a ferry and a bus to Continental Airlines Arena to watch winning basketball, or take the 1/9 to MSG.

extremely liberal school. not that I had a big problem with it. i mean I have no problem wiht liberalism because everyone is entitled to his/her own opinions. i only have a problem with people who spew nonsense and blindly champion the ideals of it solely out of a hate for Bush and seek to censor and distort true liberatarian and conservative ideals.

Last edited by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork : 12-21-2006 at 05:25 PM.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:25 PM   #44
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Quote:
awesome experience. life in the heart of the big city.

academically, it is on par with many universities, and the Stern school I am in is one of the best business programs in the nation. not to mention the fact this school is in New york city there are many many opportunities for you to get a headstart on your career here.

living wise? the dorms are all former hotels that were retrofitted. how's that for luxury?

food? who ever eats cafeteria food when you can get gourmet Thai, French, Meditterreanean, or get some burgers or Chinese nearby?

chicks? wild. in my freshman year, there was this couple notorious for having sex with their drapes open to the public... to the public... in a first floor dorm room.

nightlife? New york city. nuff said.

local sports teams? well you can take a ferry and a bus to Continental Airlines Arena to watch winning basketball, or take the 1/9 to MSG.

Man, that's great! I want to go to business school as well. What do I have to do to get in a good one like you did?

Do you know of any good conservative schools?
Old 12-21-2006, 05:26 PM   #45
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1016
My grades were up and down for the first few years of school. I recovered in time to finish with a GPA above 3, but I definitely had to face facts - in college, you're competing against other smart kids. You can't rely on natural talent. I did very well in high school, but as I'm sure you're finding out now, high school is a whole different ball game.

Getting good grades in college is more a matter of hard work, not brain power.

You've got to go to every class and write down every the professor says - good class notes >> studying cold from the text book.

You've got to set aside regular study time and stick to it. I found it was easy to get in a good session on Friday, in the early evening. Nobody is in the library at that hour, and getting some work done before weekend partying made the booze taste a bit sweeter.

Also, try to visit the professor during his/her open office hours. You can get a little bit of individual attention AND earn some brownie points.

agreed... you guys seem like you take crazy hard courses though. I just wanted to keep my gpa over a 3. Since I had a Econ/ Poly Sci major it was quite easy. I have 1 semester left and a 3.1.

My advice to is to be steady and consistent with how long and when you study. I had a habit of killing the first test getting lazy doing sub par on the next then trying to make up for it on the final.

Edit: the transition to college was easy for me, i gueses i thought college was special so I did all my work and tried really hard and pulled a 3.8. After that I figured I was could coast and didnt go to class anymore, doesnt work that way, Now my GPA is down to 3.1.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: