Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-24-2011, 01:58 AM   #1
Wonder Bread Kid
My Pimp Hand Is Lethal

Wonder Bread Kid has an OK reputation so far
Default Kawhi Leonard: Could he be a realistic candidate for Rookie of the Year?

I can see him taking a lot of Jefferson's minutes away, if RJ isn't traded, and eventually taking over the starting three spot.

He has the potential and work ethic to be a beast.
Wonder Bread Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:01 AM   #2
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Kawhi Leonard: Could he be a realistic candidate for Rookie of the Year?

Nahhh... He'll have a Mbah a Moute kind of impact for the Spurs... Not a "best rookie in the whole league" kind of impact.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:02 AM   #3
Theoo's Daddy
IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST

Theoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryTheoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Kawhi Leonard: Could he be a realistic candidate for Rookie of the Year?

seeing where guys have been drafted to so far... Kemba has a legit shot at Rookie of the year.
Theoo's Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:08 AM   #4
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
Nahhh... He'll have a Mbah a Moute kind of impact for the Spurs... Not a "best rookie in the whole league" kind of impact.
I agree.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:49 AM   #5
Xover
High school junior varsity star

Xover has decent reputation

Quote:
Leonard's father was shot and killed at a neighborhood car wash in January 2008

wikipedia
Xover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:18 AM   #6
HB40TheNextStar
More like Matt Boner

HB40TheNextStar is a pretty well-respected posterHB40TheNextStar is a pretty well-respected posterHB40TheNextStar is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xover
wikipedia

Huh? That seems out of the blue.
HB40TheNextStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:16 AM   #7
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

i'm a leonard fan but no way. he has many strides to make offensively and he just won't put up ROY stats. his trademark is defense. i think his upside is that of a souped up haslem - more athletic, just as tenacious defensively if not more and great motor. considering that haslem has put up 12/9, i'd say that isn't bad. if leonard develops a mid-range shot, i could see him being a 15/10 guy who will do a lot of intangibles. that isn't bad for a #15 pick.

for ROY, i'd watch out for williams and kanter. i think they're the most NBA ready. the one thing that will hold williams back is beasley being ahead of him in the depth chart (for now). they may try him at the 4 but i think he's a more natural 3. kanter sort of reminds me of elton brand. kanter may not have elite athleticism but he's not soft in any way.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 06-24-2011 at 04:31 AM.
blacknapalm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:27 AM   #8
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Healthy Kyrie Irving for ROY.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:39 AM   #9
roffie
Local High School Star

roffie is considered somewhat coolroffie is considered somewhat coolroffie is considered somewhat cool

maybe if he's on another team.. but since he's on the spurs.. he's gonna have to play like a beast throughout the season
roffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:18 AM   #10
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Healthy Kyrie Irving for ROY.

true. can't count him out. i just didn't want to be the one who put the first 3 picks as the top 3 ROY candidates.

like i said, i think williams might have the best career but there's a bit of a logjam in minny. irving might be TO prone his rookie year but i do think he can draw fouls. that is usually one thing that can translate from college to the NBA and he excelled at that in college. still, the comparisons to paul with his jumper are a bit premature. he has more range but i need to see more consistency. he's a pretty good defender but needs to develop more dribbling skills ie, inside-out dribble and a better crossover. he'll be an all-star eventually, but i just don't see a huge rookie campaign.
blacknapalm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:19 AM   #11
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here

Rubio or D-Will
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:41 AM   #12
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What exactly about him except the fact your team drafted him makes him look like a ROY candidate?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:47 AM   #13
FireDavidKahn
Decent college freshman

FireDavidKahn is considered somewhat coolFireDavidKahn is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder Bread Kid
I can see him taking a lot of Jefferson's minutes away, if RJ isn't traded, and eventually taking over the starting three spot.

He has the potential and work ethic to be a beast.
No way. Rookies of the year always score a lot of points and Leonard will not be scoring a lot of points.

I think Kemba will win it right now since he will be the opening day starter for the Bobcats and get all the minutes he can handle, also he will probably be the #1 option as well.
FireDavidKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:13 AM   #14
Wonder Bread Kid
My Pimp Hand Is Lethal

Wonder Bread Kid has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
What exactly about him except the fact your team drafted him makes him look like a ROY candidate?

Because the draft was weak. Because he's a tremendous talent that will play for the Spurs who are known for getting the best out of their draft picks/young players.

He has the opportunity to become our starting 3.
Wonder Bread Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:19 AM   #15
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

I don't think he'll get enough minutes to put up ROY numbers. Probably like 20-25 mpg while other guys like Irving, Rubio, Jimmer, will be getting around 35 mpg.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: