Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-23-2011, 11:31 PM   #1
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Good pick/bad pick and inept management.

I like trading for Mirotic. Good move, he'll come over at about the time Boozer's deal is finally off the books.

BAD MOVE: disagree with selecting Jimmy Butler(a small forward) when we had a better one in James Johnson. And not trading up for Jordan Hamilton. Seriously, big time **** up right there.

And I think the Mirotic trade signifies we're stuck with Boozer for awhile. Mirotic is probably not coming over for at least two years.
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:52 AM   #2
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

dee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Good pick/bad pick and inept management.

Not trading up for him? Try not picking him at 23. I like the pick they made with that one, but Marshon Brooks and Hamilton were still on the board. Just a huge WTF. I guess this probably means that they'd rather find their SG through trades though, which isn't a bad thing.
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:52 AM   #3
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well they traded for the 23rd pick. I guess they wanted Mirotic or something.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:13 AM   #4
drwax26
High School Starter

drwax26 has decent reputationdrwax26 has decent reputation

Another inept move under the Paxson/Gar regime. I know D Rose had to look at the draft like WTF Marshon Brooks was right there....
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:31 AM   #5
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

dee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Well they traded for the 23rd pick. I guess they wanted Mirotic or something.
Yea I guess so. He looks like a pretty solid prospect. It's just that Hamilton and Brooks were right there, and they may have been able to get Nikola with the 30th pick.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:11 AM   #6
jphoc13
Can barely lace up my sneakers

jphoc13 has an OK reputation so far

I don't think it was an inept pick. They had to draft at least one European player because they couldn't afford two salaries and sign a free agent as well with a new CBA coming.

This is why the entire draft was filled with European picks.
jphoc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:33 AM   #7
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Hopefully the Butler pick ends up like the Gibson pick.

I hated the Gibson pick then, and I'm having a hard time seeing how the Bulls can justify drafting a career 10th man off the bench with a guaranteed-money first round pick.

Butler will never play more than 10 minutes a night at SF. Brewer and Korver are both easily better players. It's debateable whether or not the guy will even be better than Bogans.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:55 PM   #8
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Good pick/bad pick and inept management.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-rose
Not trading up for him? Try not picking him at 23. I like the pick they made with that one, but Marshon Brooks and Hamilton were still on the board. Just a huge WTF. I guess this probably means that they'd rather find their SG through trades though, which isn't a bad thing.

When Brooks started fell into the 20s I figured we would trade up for him. He seemed like a natural fit into our system, and definitely someone Thibs could teach to play defense.

I hadn't heard much about Mirotic, but why would we trade up for a guy that won't be able to join us until at least 2014? He just signed an extension through 2016 with his club that has a sizable buyout, so he won't be here soon. My feeling is that, in the 1st round, you draft the Euro guy if he falls to you, but if you trade up it is for a guy that's going to help you now.

Like was said above, it seems they are going to get a FA SG. I heard some talk last night about Rip Hamilton...if we don't have to pay him much it wouldn't be a bad thing, but I'd rather have a guy like Brooks that has a future.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:34 PM   #9
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
When Brooks started fell into the 20s I figured we would trade up for him. He seemed like a natural fit into our system, and definitely someone Thibs could teach to play defense.

I hadn't heard much about Mirotic, but why would we trade up for a guy that won't be able to join us until at least 2014? He just signed an extension through 2016 with his club that has a sizable buyout, so he won't be here soon. My feeling is that, in the 1st round, you draft the Euro guy if he falls to you, but if you trade up it is for a guy that's going to help you now.

Like was said above, it seems they are going to get a FA SG. I heard some talk last night about Rip Hamilton...if we don't have to pay him much it wouldn't be a bad thing, but I'd rather have a guy like Brooks that has a future.
Mirotic is gonna be GOOD. Think Dirk with better(but not great) defense, but not as prolific of a scorer. I love that pick

I'll keep adding cool videos I find of him
http://www.nba.com/video/channels/dr...nba/index.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdGCimlMzm8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=477xfv04cLc
http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/chic...a-bad-ass.html

His hustle at the Nike camp, makes me love him. VERY few euros(and NBA players in general) hustle for loose balls like that, especially in a somewhat meaningless game.

Although after reading the chicagonow article, if he never comes over I'm gonna be ****ing pissed if he never comes here.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:08 AM   #10
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsmq5...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2-7s...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-WA9...eature=related

Here are some more videos. I like the pick, just not with what was still on the board. Seems like a reliable shooter, with some good post moves and good foot speed. Looks like a solid but a little undisciplined defender. Considering how young he is, he's gonna come over eventually.

As for Jimmy Butler, the kid has a great story, and appears to have great work ethic. He's continuing to improve his jumper which is great. Seems like a good defender, good finisher, with an improving jumper. At 30, that's not bad. Hopefully he'll be able to relieve Deng a bit.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:56 AM   #11
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwax26
I know D Rose had to look at the draft like WTF there's no one that down low in the draft who can help me in the immediate future....
Fixed.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 03:14 AM   #12
Rose
slightly upset stomach

I look at it this way at age 20 he's already in the BEST league outside of the NBA. He should be a good player.

The Butler story made me like him. God-willing they'll get someone in free agency.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:24 AM   #13
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

Quote:
I look at it this way at age 20 he's already in the BEST league outside of the NBA. He should be a good player.

The Butler story made me like him. God-willing they'll get someone in free agency.
Good point. The guy really looks like he has potential. He's gonna need to fill out his frame to play the 4 though. Good footspeed though, he could probably play spot minutes at the 3.

Yea. Honestly, the kid could be our starting SG if he really works on his jumper, and he says he is. I like his game. Real good finisher and defender.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:09 PM   #14
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-rose
Good point. The guy really looks like he has potential. He's gonna need to fill out his frame to play the 4 though. Good footspeed though, he could probably play spot minutes at the 3.

Yea. Honestly, the kid could be our starting SG if he really works on his jumper, and he says he is. I like his game. Real good finisher and defender.
I look at it this way absolute WORST case scenario. He only helps Deng relax when he's tired.
A decent scenario, he's Ronnie Brewer. (I kind of expect him to be that good at the end of the year)
Best case: He plays the two, can hit open 3s and becomes a solid midrange shooter.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:06 PM   #15
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

Quote:
I look at it this way absolute WORST case scenario. He only helps Deng relax when he's tired.
A decent scenario, he's Ronnie Brewer. (I kind of expect him to be that good at the end of the year)
Best case: He plays the two, can hit open 3s and becomes a solid midrange shooter.
He's already a pretty solid mid-range shooter. The more I watch/hear about this kid, the more I like him, and the more he looks like a 2. I have a feeling that Thibbs is gonna take this guy under his wing and turn him in to a monster. I, on the other hand, like to force myself to love the guys we draft. I'm pretty sure EVERYONE hated the Taj pick last year and loved the JJ pick... so I'm gonna trust management on this one. They haven't had a colossal **** up since Ty Thomas, and ended up getting a lotto pick in return for him.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: