Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-25-2011, 05:58 PM   #16
Rose
Chill Mode

Default Re: Good pick/bad pick and inept management.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-rose
He's already a pretty solid mid-range shooter. The more I watch/hear about this kid, the more I like him, and the more he looks like a 2. I have a feeling that Thibbs is gonna take this guy under his wing and turn him in to a monster. I, on the other hand, like to force myself to love the guys we draft. I'm pretty sure EVERYONE hated the Taj pick last year and loved the JJ pick... so I'm gonna trust management on this one. They haven't had a colossal **** up since Ty Thomas, and ended up getting a lotto pick in return for him.
I liked Taj in college, but didn't think he'd be this good. I thought we stole him there, I mean he was 24 coming out, you KNEW what you were getting, I thought he'd go much higher.

Well his mid-range he shoots 42% in college, and that's against zone defenses, which I dislike. That means he's going to have a much tougher time transitioning it.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 07:55 PM   #17
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
I liked Taj in college, but didn't think he'd be this good. I thought we stole him there, I mean he was 24 coming out, you KNEW what you were getting, I thought he'd go much higher.

Well his mid-range he shoots 42% in college, and that's against zone defenses, which I dislike. That means he's going to have a much tougher time transitioning it.
My thinking was basically, "WTF, Blair is still on the board". I didn't like the Taj pick at all. Good thing I was wrong.
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:37 PM   #18
Rose
Chill Mode

Quote:
My thinking was basically, "WTF, Blair is still on the board". I didn't like the Taj pick at all. Good thing I was wrong.
I stay away from undersized, ACL'less players. just as a rule of thumb.

I think he flames out within the next 3-4 years.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:39 AM   #19
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

Quote:
I stay away from undersized, ACL'less players. just as a rule of thumb.

I think he flames out within the next 3-4 years.

Foreal tho, Mirotic could probably be a huge part of the 2nd Rose-led team.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:32 AM   #20
Rose
Chill Mode

Quote:

Foreal tho, Mirotic could probably be a huge part of the 2nd Rose-led team.
I fully expect him to be. I mean a Dirk-Lite with Noah...and if Asik becomes as good as I think he will...and if we somehow stay with Taj...we could win ALOT of titles. ALOT. 3-4 in the second era.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:46 AM   #21
drwax26
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightprowler10
Fixed.

For anyone who thinks this was a good pick for what was left on the board + the current state of the franchise( close to contending for a title) there is no way you draft someone who cant even come in until another 2 years at the earliest. Jimmy butler was a solid pick but how is he much different than Ronnie Brewer? Another 2 guard who cant shoot particularly well.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 04:12 AM   #22
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

Quote:
I fully expect him to be. I mean a Dirk-Lite with Noah...and if Asik becomes as good as I think he will...and if we somehow stay with Taj...we could win ALOT of titles. ALOT. 3-4 in the second era.
I honestly don't think we can keep both Taj and Asik... at a certain point our 10 million and 15 million men are gonna have to step up. And we still have to get Rose a max. In the long-term, SG is gonna have to be the interchangeable position unless we draft a sure thing or get lucky in a trade. I have a feeling Deng will be around for both the 2nd team and this team. I really like our future.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:20 AM   #23
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwax26
For anyone who thinks this was a good pick for what was left on the board + the current state of the franchise( close to contending for a title) there is no way you draft someone who cant even come in until another 2 years at the earliest. Jimmy butler was a solid pick but how is he much different than Ronnie Brewer? Another 2 guard who cant shoot particularly well.
Actually, as a franchise that's contending for a title, it doesn't make sense to draft for need when you're gonna have to wait for them to develop too. The fact of the matter is that anyone we sign through free agency or trade to fill the hole at the 2 is gonna have a larger impact this year then Brooks/Hamilton would have had.

Butler is kinda like Ronnie, but with more potential to be a good jump shooter. Actually, Butler's whole offensive game is just a little smoother then Ronnie's. Ballhandling/finishing around the rim/jumper etc. He seems a lot more fluid and comfortable.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:07 PM   #24
drwax26
High School Starter

Quote:
Actually, as a franchise that's contending for a title, it doesn't make sense to draft for need when you're gonna have to wait for them to develop too. The fact of the matter is that anyone we sign through free agency or trade to fill the hole at the 2 is gonna have a larger impact this year then Brooks/Hamilton would have had.

Butler is kinda like Ronnie, but with more potential to be a good jump shooter. Actually, Butler's whole offensive game is just a little smoother then Ronnie's. Ballhandling/finishing around the rim/jumper etc. He seems a lot more fluid and comfortable.

I definitely understand what you are saying. Dont get me wrong I watched Nikola Mirotic highlights and he looks like he can be really good. I just really think we could of groomed brooks while still trying to add a veteran SG.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:44 PM   #25
Rose
Chill Mode

Quote:
I honestly don't think we can keep both Taj and Asik... at a certain point our 10 million and 15 million men are gonna have to step up. And we still have to get Rose a max. In the long-term, SG is gonna have to be the interchangeable position unless we draft a sure thing or get lucky in a trade. I have a feeling Deng will be around for both the 2nd team and this team. I really like our future.
God willing we still get the amnesty clause and Boozer's gone. We almost certainly get to keep Asik though because his contract runs out when Boozer's done(QO) Taj I hope we do... If we lose Taj because of that lazy ass, then I hope he dies in a car crash.

I think if the cap is as friendly to us as it's looking like it's going to be, then we're probably golden. And keep everybody. so I like that.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:17 PM   #26
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

Quote:
God willing we still get the amnesty clause and Boozer's gone. We almost certainly get to keep Asik though because his contract runs out when Boozer's done(QO) Taj I hope we do... If we lose Taj because of that lazy ass, then I hope he dies in a car crash.

I think if the cap is as friendly to us as it's looking like it's going to be, then we're probably golden. And keep everybody. so I like that.
Asik is a RFA next summer and is probably looking to cash out. Taj, I think well keep. Honestly, If Asik doesn't show offensive potential this season, he probably never will.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:33 PM   #27
Rose
Chill Mode

Quote:
Asik is a RFA next summer and is probably looking to cash out. Taj, I think well keep. Honestly, If Asik doesn't show offensive potential this season, he probably never will.
Weird, I thought he got the 3+1 year deal. you're right. damn. I think he showed a ton already this year, ignore the free throw line. I mean game 1 he can't do shit game 42 he could have netted us the shooting guard we sorely need. and by the ECF he's already finishing the 4th over Noah. I mean that's some ****ing improvement, granted most of it is defensively. But offensively I think he got better too, footwork wise at least.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:44 PM   #28
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

It was hard to not be upset at first about not getting Brooks or Hamilton, but I think after having some time to think about it, watch some videos/highlights of Mirotic and Butler, read some of the information that came out from managemeent and see some interviews I fully understand why they made the decisions they did. I think it was the right decision. Sure, we're contenders now and want to be the best we can be right now, but we can't lose sight of the near future either. DRose is going to be here for a long time and will have us in the mix of winning championships each and every year. We want to do what we have to in order to have him surrounded by talent for the majority if not the entirety of his career not just the next few years. Not every decision needs to have a right now kind of attitude. We should have the mindset that DRose is young and we want to make this a contending team for a long time.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:13 PM   #29
Rose
Chill Mode

My problem with that is...Hamilton and Brooks ARE young and are going to be around for awhile. I want Rose to have someone in the backcourt who he can age with.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:16 PM   #30
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

Quote:
Weird, I thought he got the 3+1 year deal. you're right. damn. I think he showed a ton already this year, ignore the free throw line. I mean game 1 he can't do shit game 42 he could have netted us the shooting guard we sorely need. and by the ECF he's already finishing the 4th over Noah. I mean that's some ****ing improvement, granted most of it is defensively. But offensively I think he got better too, footwork wise at least.
Yea. That's why I think it's best why package him and some fillers or picks or something for OJ Mayo. I LOVE Asik and what he brings, but it's just not realistic to keep them both, and Gibson is cheap labor for a longer time, and IMO, the better/more reliable 2 way player.

Quote:
My problem with that is...Hamilton and Brooks ARE young and are going to be around for awhile. I want Rose to have someone in the backcourt who he can age with.

Look above.

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: