Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-23-2011, 11:35 PM   #1
DRoseOwnsACamry
King of Chicago

DRoseOwnsACamry has an incredible reputation hereDRoseOwnsACamry has an incredible reputation hereDRoseOwnsACamry has an incredible reputation hereDRoseOwnsACamry has an incredible reputation hereDRoseOwnsACamry has an incredible reputation hereDRoseOwnsACamry has an incredible reputation hereDRoseOwnsACamry has an incredible reputation here
Default Let's discuss: Jimmy Butler

NBA DraftExpress:

Quote:
Looking through the rest of this class of forwards, a few things stand out. First is how well Jimmy Butler seems to rank in virtually every category, starting with overall offensive efficiency (6th), and continuing with turnover rate (2nd best), free throw rate (2nd) and transition scoring (2nd). If he can improve his ability to make shots with his feet set (13th, 36% FG) he will likely carve out a long career for himself considering how staunch of a defender he is.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...#ixzz1Q9livaCJ
http://www.draftexpress.com

He's had a long way going to the NBA; If we don't pick a SG up during Free Agency than we should slide Butler to the SG position.
DRoseOwnsACamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:14 AM   #2
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Let's discuss: Jimmy Butler

Limited tryer that might get 5-10 minutes a night behind Deng.

He seems to understand his limitations though so he should pan out better than James Johnson did.

I can't see the Heat shaking in their boots at the prospect of playing against a guy like Butler though. Can't make shots past 15 feet.

He sounds like Brewer without the busted arm.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:42 AM   #3
VishaltotheG
Good college starter

VishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

I hope he gud
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:53 AM   #4
Abe Frohman
I am the Sausage King

Abe Frohman has decent reputationAbe Frohman has decent reputation

D-Leaguer ala James-On Curry, if he actually makes the team he'll be white mamba's bench buddy...
Abe Frohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:49 PM   #5
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Frohman
D-Leaguer ala James-On Curry, if he actually makes the team he'll be white mamba's bench buddy...

White Mamba's contract expired.

But I might be wrong about Butler myself. His work ethic seems to be way off the charts. There may be something here after all.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:01 PM   #6
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Let's discuss: Jimmy Butler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
White Mamba's contract expired.

But I might be wrong about Butler myself. His work ethic seems to be way off the charts. There may be something here after all.

Take a look at the last two paragraphs - that's why I like this pick. This is a guy that comes in with a skill set similar to what Luol Deng had his first year. Good mid-range shooter that needs to improve his range. Long, pretty athletic, good vertical, and good defender. He's got a 39" vertical, so we know he won't be (shouldn't be) getting rejected at the rim ala Boozer.

If he's as mature as they say, he won't be a problem and will accept his role while trying to improve and resting Deng as much as possible. That's all we can really hope for at the end of the first round, right?
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:38 PM   #7
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He has my total support for as long as he's in the league. Dude seems like a winner and wants to get better. Glad too see we're going back to the roots of what made us good in the first place.see what diss I did there??!?!!?

My only problem is he's mainly a driver, so he'll be Ronnie Brewer at first which doesn't help us now, so hopefully he'll improve on his catch and shoot game
Ignore the fact this is from the Bobcats but it at least looks like he's trying to improve and has an okay release
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:43 PM   #8
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.anonymouseagle.com/2011/6...-favorite-team He also seems pretty willing to improve. he has my confidence.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:02 PM   #9
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputation

I've seen a few Marquette games and he can play. I actauult read his player bio and he actually played all 5 positions when he got to Marquette. He started played more SG and SF once his junior season came around. He's said that he wants to play SG. I think he will be like Wes Matthews Jr who went to Marquette and went undrafted in 2009 and you see what he's doing for the Blazers.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:30 PM   #10
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

As a long time Knicks fan,I grew up hating the Bulls but I must say when yall got Rose and then Tom Thibs I gained a respect for the way the Bulls play and carry themselves.As a long time fan of Big East basketball,I can assure you Jimmy Butler fits right into that mold.Some ppl have been down on the pick and Im the exact opposite.I think it will end up as one of the steals of the draft.Jimmy is a guy who, beyond the many personal triumphs in his life despite great hardship off the court,got better every year in his career @ Marquette.He's guarded every position and may even be able to play some 2 for yall.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 04:48 PM   #11
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

I also watched some of Jimmy Butler's Marquette games and he has improved. He had good workouts and impressed our management enough to be the pick. Our management has made some good draft choices recently and we have to give them the benefit of the doubt here. I still think our FO's goal is to bring in a free agent SG to be our starter and that will leave Brewer as the backup with Bogans and now Butler still on the bench. We'll see if he earns some minutes, but for now I see him learning from the rest of the guys, learning from Thibs, taking the system in and maybe getting some minutes here and there but growing into a player that will be important off our bench.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:44 PM   #12
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

The more I look into Jimmy Butler the more i'm continuing to like even more about him both as a player and as a person.

Seems like he's going to fit right into the group of guys we have. Seems like his character, personality and work ethic will also be a perfect blend with our team.

He's going to get along great with the rest of the players and I hope he learns alot from DRose and crew. I really see him improving and earning a spot in the rotation.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:44 PM   #13
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
The more I look into Jimmy Butler the more i'm continuing to like even more about him both as a player and as a person.

Seems like he's going to fit right into the group of guys we have. Seems like his character, personality and work ethic will also be a perfect blend with our team.

He's going to get along great with the rest of the players and I hope he learns alot from DRose and crew. I really see him improving and earning a spot in the rotation.
I agree entirely.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:47 AM   #14
BASTEY
I airball my layups

BASTEY has an OK reputation so far

Great pick for us! He'll be a steal!
BASTEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:46 PM   #15
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster

He'll be a solid player in a few years.

Definitely not the answer to the teams major need, but there is no doubt that he can actually contribute to the team.
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: