Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 06-15-2011, 10:07 AM   #1
BlueCrayon
Get Buckets

BlueCrayon is considered somewhat coolBlueCrayon is considered somewhat cool
Default Who do you want the Bobcats to draft?

What position do the 'Cats need an upgrade in the most and who do you want them to draft? I've seen some mock drafts and many have the "Cats picking Jonas Valaciunas. Hopefully the front office gets it right this year and we get out of mediocrity.
BlueCrayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:34 PM   #2
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Who do you want the Bobcats to draft?

I still like Alec Burks at #9.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:47 PM   #3
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Here's Bonnell's take on the workouts today:

Quote:
Brooks has modeled his game after Atlanta Hawks guard Jamal Crawford, and it shows. Same kind of shifty moves to the left and right, to set up defenders. He'll be effective creating his own shot at the next level.

Brooks describes himself as a scorer, not a shooter. To be productive with that approach at the NBA level, you have to be expert at forcing defenders to commit shooting fouls.

-- Burks seemed strangely nervous when we interviewed him. That surprised me, in that if you're a star in the Big 12, and you've lived in a major media market (Boulder is just outside Denver), you should be experienced and comfortable fielding media questions.

-- I think Brooks is definitely among the players who have impressed the Bobcats. I think Florida State's Chris Singleton and Southern California big man Nikola Vucevic have also caught their fancy.

I'm certainly not suggesting those are the only three players they like. But in this draft, where it's so challenging to predict an order, might it make sense to go ahead and pick Singleton ninth and Brooks or Vucevic 19th? Those might be "reaches'' according to some draft pundit, but in a murky draft, why not trust your own instincts?

Old 06-18-2011, 12:30 PM   #4
mrhoopfan
Local High School Star

mrhoopfan has decent reputation

Jimmer
mrhoopfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:30 AM   #5
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What position do the Bobcats need an upgrade in the most? Every position. Who were our last first round picks? Augustin, Ajinca, Morrison, Henderson?

It would be nice if we could draw lucky and get someone with any resemblance to a 1st or 2nd option for once.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:11 PM   #6
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Well Bonnell seems to think we're gonna pick Singleton at 9. I'm okay with that.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:37 PM   #7
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

This means Singleton will go at #10
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:47 PM   #8
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
This means Singleton will go at #10
The sports radio guys want us to trade with Minni to get Derrick W

illiams. Do we need another 4?
Old 06-21-2011, 12:14 PM   #9
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Not really...he seems like he'd be another Gerald Wallace.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:09 AM   #10
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhoopfan
Jimmer

If we use the 9th pick on him I will demand a refund of my season tx.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:22 PM   #11
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Pre draft deal for anyone who missed it:

Official Deal:
Bucks: Stephen Jackson, Beno Udrih, Shaun Livingston, #19 Overall Pick
Kings: Jonny Salmons, #10 Overall Pick
Bobcats: Corey Maggette, #7 Overall Pick

Certainly shakes things up a bit. We're not going to recognize the Cats next season.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:34 PM   #12
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

i like this. a LOT..

Quizno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:01 PM   #13
BlueCrayon
Get Buckets

BlueCrayon is considered somewhat coolBlueCrayon is considered somewhat cool

So we got Bismack Biyombo and Kemba Walker. Hopefully this duo works.
LETS GO CATS
BlueCrayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:15 PM   #14
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

I assume more deals are in the works. As it stands now we will be one of the best defensive teams in the league and one of the worst at actually scoring points. btw, I ran into Bismack Biyombo in the airport today.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:40 PM   #15
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

I don't like this deal at all. Here's to hoping I'm wrong, but this is what I see...

We just traded our best player, as much of a liability as he was, for another Desagana Diop. That's what Biyombo strikes me as. Another Diop.

That being said, I like the drafting of Walker. I like his game and I feel like he'll be another Raymond Felton, but smarter. It also gives us a solid backup for DJ now that Livingston is gone.

The real thing I don't like is that we acquired Magette, who hasn't been relevant since his Clipper days, and even then he wasn't that great. But like I said, I hope I'm wrong and I hope he's solid. But we are DEFINITELY not making the playoffs next year.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: