Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-24-2011, 12:25 PM   #16
Theoo's Daddy
IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST

Default Re: Kawhi Leonard: Could he be a realistic candidate for Rookie of the Year?

Kemba will be carrying Charlotte,Jackson and Crush are gone, so he'll be the focal point on offense. Tyreke evans/marcus thornton will over shadow jimmer.. Beasley/kevin love will overshadow rubio. I don't see anyone in a better position to win ROY than kemba. And if he pulls out sportcenters top 10 plays to win some games, i think he's a top 3 candidate for ROY.
Theoo's Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:01 PM   #17
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Kawhi Leonard: Could he be a realistic candidate for Rookie of the Year?

Love the move by SA and love Leonard's game. Think he can contribute on the defensive end immediately. But he won't score near enough on a solid, veteran team to get much ROY consideration.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:02 PM   #18
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoo's Daddy
Kemba will be carrying Charlotte,Jackson and Crush are gone, so he'll be the focal point on offense. Tyreke evans/marcus thornton will over shadow jimmer.. Beasley/kevin love will overshadow rubio. I don't see anyone in a better position to win ROY than kemba. And if he pulls out sportcenters top 10 plays to win some games, i think he's a top 3 candidate for ROY.

While I don't doubt Kemba's ability, will they be starting a DJ Augustin/Kemba backcourt? That's very undersized. Unless Kemba's moving full-time to the point, they'll probably have to continue to start Gerald Henderson at the 2.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:14 PM   #19
Maniak
TJ Warren

Probably some pretty divided minutes between Kemba and DJ. Although i dont doubt they'll test a small backcourt.

How was Gerald for them last year?
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:18 PM   #20
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder Bread Kid
Because the draft was weak. Because he's a tremendous talent that will play for the Spurs who are known for getting the best out of their draft picks/young players.

He has the opportunity to become our starting 3.
He looks like a nice talent. But he doesn't look ready enough to be the type of scorer that would warrant ROY consideration. He doesn't look anywhere close to the best player in the draft - he didn't go tenth because he's the best. And SA gets nice players late usually, not stars by trading up to 10. i don't see it at all.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:43 PM   #21
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Kyrie Irving would be my guess. He's going to get starter minutes and run a team. You'll see atleast something like 15\6 with potential for more. After that I think it's kinda wide open. I'd say Derrick Williams if he doesn't stay in Minny but I think he will.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:48 PM   #22
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Kyrie Irving would be my guess. He's going to get starter minutes and run a team. You'll see atleast something like 15\6 with potential for more. After that I think it's kinda wide open. I'd say Derrick Williams if he doesn't stay in Minny but I think he will.
i could see Jimmer chucking his way to ROY.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:52 PM   #23
Theoo's Daddy
IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
i could see Jimmer chucking his way to ROY.

How will this happen ?, Tyreke evans gets 1st dibs on offense,Marcus thornton or Demarcus cousins comes 2nd and 3rd.. jimmer is not getting more shots than this guys. No way.
Theoo's Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: