Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-29-2011, 04:28 AM   #1
Mr. Jabbar
l38ron

Default We are grown ups: Time to admit Phil Jackson was the major reason Lakers 2011 failed.

Its sad but true.

Sorry Phil, you will still be remembered as the best coach ever. But give credit were credit is due, as well as give blame were bla............
Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:29 AM   #2
thomaspynchon
Banned

Default Re: We are grown ups: Time to admit Phil Jackson was the major reason Lakers 2011 failed.

dirk Nowitzki was the reason the Lakers lost.
thomaspynchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:30 AM   #3
Mr. Jabbar
l38ron

Default Re: We are grown ups: Time to admit Phil Jackson was the major reason Lakers 2011 failed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaspynchon

Glad to know Dirk was playing for the hornets as well. Feedback is appreciated nonetheless.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:31 AM   #4
All Net

Phil amazing coach but he stopped coaching a few years ago and sadly the players stopped listening to him on all fronts. The effort wasn't there from him this year and his health is part of the reason.

Having in a new coach with new ideas and somebody who is committed to defense will help alot next season.

Obviously Pau playing like crap, having no bench production was a reason too but Phil was a big problem in what he did and said to them.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:32 AM   #5
thomaspynchon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
Glad to know Dirk was playing for the hornets as well. Feedback is appreciated nonetheless.

OKC series went 6 too and la had no problem winning it all. LA always has a shitty early round series in which they take a team lightly.

I don't think it was phil's fault. lakers came on like gangbusters after the All star Break. Dallas just played out of its head for a series. That just happens sometimes. Thats what happened, in all honesty.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:34 AM   #6
Mr. Jabbar
l38ron

Quote:
OKC series went 6 too and la had no problem winning it all. LA always has a shitty early round series in which they take a team lightly.

I don't think it was phil's fault. lakers came on like gangbusters after the All star Break. Dallas just played out of its head for a series. That just happens sometimes. Thats what happened, in all honesty.

Its not about a particular series pal. Lakers were playing poorly through the whole reg. season and the playoffs. Just inddividual talent got them the #2 seed in the west (shared).
Old 06-29-2011, 04:34 AM   #7
All Net

Quote:

Nah wasn't just that, Lakers looked far better the year before. Phil had more of an impact on the bench this year he really didn't. Dallas played out of their minds and came back in two games that Lakers wouldn't of gave up in the past and part of that is on Phil.

It was Dallas's year but phil's lack of motivation and Pau having personally issues played a big factor.

We looked poor most of the season but this team is so talented it got to the wins they did on talent alone. We expected them to turn it on like they did the last few years but didn't have enough in the tank.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:38 AM   #8
Mr. Jabbar
l38ron

You could point at:

- Gasol being a complete joke
- Zero factor bench
- No PG rotation
- Artest no offense, avrg def.
- Aging Kobe

But the truth is, when you have so many things not clicking, its time to look at whos orchestrating it all.

Last edited by Mr. Jabbar : 06-29-2011 at 04:41 AM.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:40 AM   #9
thomaspynchon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
Nah wasn't just that, Lakers looked far better the year before. Phil had more of an impact on the bench this year he really didn't. Dallas played out of their minds and came back in two games that Lakers wouldn't of gave up in the past and part of that is on Phil.

It was Dallas's year but phil's lack of motivation and Pau having personally issues played a big factor.

We looked poor most of the season but this team is so talented it got to the wins they did on talent alone. We expected them to turn it on like they did the last few years but didn't have enough in the tank.

lakers beat dallas twice convincingly this season. I'm sure part of it had to deal with internal issues but a lot of it was Dallas playing out of its mind. i mean even freaking peja, who i thought was dead, went 6-6 from 3 pt land in game 3 (game 3 i think...).

also going to the finals 3 times in 3 straight years and having an old team didn't help either mentally or physically.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:42 AM   #10
All Net

Quote:
lakers beat dallas twice convincingly this season. I'm sure part of it had to deal with internal issues but a lot of it was Dallas playing out of its mind. i mean even freaking peja, who i thought was dead, went 6-6 from 3 pt land in game 3 (game 3 i think...).

also going to the finals 3 times in 3 straight years and having an old team didn't help either mentally or physically.

Everything took his tole on them, 3 straight years going to the finals thats alot of games and with a limited bench it simply wore them down. more so when guys like kobe, Pau havn't had much rest at all even in the summer due to olympics, euro's e.t.c

which is why at least this summer kobe has gotten a long rest for the first time in a long time.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:08 AM   #11
ImmortalD24
Banned

but but but... 11 rings.

seriously though, I think it's moreso on the players than the coach. In championship or in defeat.
ImmortalD24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:15 AM   #12
lefthook00
College star

It's obvious that Kobe has been the vocal coach of that team for a while now. He knows everything that Phil wants the team to do. Kobe directs everyone on the floor, there's no need for time outs. He also directs everyone in practice if you've seen the footage. The Lakers just weren't clicking this post-season, Dirk was a man possessed, and the Mavs were the best team.

I always wondered how we would do with someone like Doc Rivers. Probably really well.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:16 AM   #13
Bogus_Sting
Old School Cool

Quote:

Don't forget JJ

Damn Phil Jackson, wouldn't sub himself in to guard Barea. Worst coaching decision ever.
Bogus_Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:09 AM   #14
WeGetRing2012
I rep Lakers!

We would have won Game 1 vs Mavs if HE TOOK THE BENCH OUT when the Mavs went on their run. Who knows what would have happened after that....

Last edited by WeGetRing2012 : 06-29-2011 at 06:12 AM.
WeGetRing2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:11 AM   #15
WeGetRing2012
I rep Lakers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
Its not about a particular series pal. Lakers were playing poorly through the whole reg. season and the playoffs. Just inddividual talent got them the #2 seed in the west (shared).

Yeah the Lakers werent playing up to their abilty all season. Multiple 3,4,5 game losing streaks and losing to teams we had no business losing too... The effort wasnt there
WeGetRing2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: