Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-24-2011, 04:09 PM   #31
Nash
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: TRADE! Raymond Felton to Blazers, Rudy Fernandez to Mavs, Andre Miller to Nuggets

Felton
Roy
Wallace
Aldridge
Oden

wes matthews
Batum
Camby

Such an awesome team
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:10 PM   #32
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Default Re: TRADE! Raymond Felton to Blazers, Rudy Fernandez to Mavs, Andre Miller to Nuggets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash
Felton
Roy
Wallace
Aldridge
Oden

wes matthews
Batum
Camby

Such an awesome team

If only Oden stayed healthy and Brandon Roy was '08 Brandon Roy, and not no knee's Roy.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:20 PM   #33
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsforthrees
he puts up all star calibur numbers in a system that Nate McMillan wouldn't run in a million years. Felton isn't going to do anything more for Portland than what he did in Charlotte.

Why does everybody say that as if Felton wasn't good in Charlotte as well as NY? Felton was put in a terrible situation in Charlotte. He was a well touted rookie who was played out of position in Charlotte and then when he was finally given the starting position the team had drafted his replacement.

While dealing with these circumstances he was still solid in Charlotte, and his team-mates as well as management and coaching staff all spoke about how much the team missed him last year. He put up solid numbers while sharing minutes and led Charlotte to its only playoff apperance.

Give him more minutes and account for the fact that he has grown as a player and has more talent around him than he's ever had and look out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsforthrees
Portland tried to make a splash, but didn't. Really confused as to what their goal is by making this move, because you could tell last year they weren't that far away from really competing. This just seems like a step back now and a step sideways in the future if they can even resign Felton.

I disagree with this point as well. Going back to my first point, Felton's days in Charlotte shows that he's comfortable in a slow paced offense. Miller was never really comfortable in that type of team. Felton is also a better shooter and defender than Miller, which is needed on a team that lacks shooters.

The only real advantage Miller has over Felton is as a distributor.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:06 PM   #34
magnax1
hero of the bible

Portland got a really shitty deal there. Losing Fernandez and trading for an inferior PG. I guess Felton fits a little better, but he's just plain worse otherwise.
magnax1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:23 PM   #35
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

1. Rudy Fernandez was trash for us. No loss there.
2. Felton was brought to Portland because the front office is forcing Nate McMillan to increase the pace of his offense which is a great thing since Brandon Roy won't be starting anymore
3. There's no way this Nuggets team is a 47 win team. They have good defenders but average on the offensive end outside J.R. Smith's shooting. They'll be an 8 seed at best if they keep this roster. Nene is their only offensive post option on the entire team. That's horrible!
4. Nolan Smith is going to be a good point guard & I think will be starting in a couple years. He's a very smart & saavy point from what I saw of him in Duke & he was a 4 year college player which means he's fundamentally sound & won't make many stupid mistakes.
5. It would've been dumb IMO to take Faried in the draft. He's not going to do anything but defend and rebound & would barely get any minutes in Portland for years sitting behind Oden, Camby, Aldridge & Wallace while they would probably be paying him a couple million. Why not just get a guy like Chris Johnson for the minimum who will do the exact same thing as Faried??
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:49 AM   #36
wally_world
M0derator

Felton will be a much better fit than Dre in Portland. That team is lacking another shooter, and tho Felton isnt a lights out shooter, he has good range and has been very consistent with his shot last season. Besides, it's always good to get younger.
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 02:53 AM   #37
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

Replacement for Stevenson then.
All Net is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 04:48 AM   #38
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Illegal draft of Tanguy Ngumbo complicate the trade and the NBA is trying to figure it out. The oversight of Tanguy's age is said to be the Mavs fault, so the Blazers and Nuggets won't be penalized. The article also says "It is unknown what Portland stands to receive in the trade, or whether there will be any compensation," so maybe we get something else in the trade? I will laugh so hard if the Mavs have to give Rudy back (mostly due to how Rudy would respond). Maybe we if this is the case, we can just trade him back for a future pick

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/in...tes_blaze.html
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:55 AM   #39
GoldNugg21
Good High School Starter

That complication is unrelated to this trade. It was a separate deal between Portland and Minnesota. Minny's FO can't even use google.
GoldNugg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:20 PM   #40
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash
Felton
Roy
Wallace
Aldridge
Oden

wes matthews
Batum
Camby

Such an awesome team

All hinges on Roy. If he can reach 75% of what he used to be, that team will have a legit chance to make noise in the playoffs and perhaps challenge to make the Finals.

Oden isn't make or break. With him they are of course better, but they can find ways to win without him.

All about Roy in my opinion.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:54 PM   #41
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldNugg21
That complication is unrelated to this trade. It was a separate deal between Portland and Minnesota. Minny's FO can't even use google.

You are right, I misread it a bit. So, maybe we get something from the Timberwolves
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:16 PM   #42
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
All hinges on Roy. If he can reach 75% of what he used to be, that team will have a legit chance to make noise in the playoffs and perhaps challenge to make the Finals.

Oden isn't make or break. With him they are of course better, but they can find ways to win without him.

All about Roy in my opinion.

I don't see how its all about Roy when he's going to be the back up combo guard. Wes Matthews is going to start & is pretty good all around offensively besides being a play maker. It is on Oden to stay healthy. If he can stay healthy, then he'll be one of the most dominant big guys in the NBA next season and will take a lot of pressure off Aldridge & Camby with rebounds, blocks & getting easy put backs. Teams won't be able to double Aldridge with Oden lurking on the other block of the post & Felton & Matthews outside.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:13 PM   #43
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
Wes Matthews is going to start & is pretty good all around offensively

Quote:
There's no way this Nuggets team is a 47 win team. They have good defenders but average on the offensive end outside J.R. Smith's shooting

This kinda made me lol. Talking about the Nuggets everyone's average offensively. Wes Matthews however is pretty good all around

Just bored and nitpicking.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 12:15 AM   #44
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

Quote:
I don't see how its all about Roy when he's going to be the back up combo guard. Wes Matthews is going to start & is pretty good all around offensively besides being a play maker. It is on Oden to stay healthy. If he can stay healthy, then he'll be one of the most dominant big guys in the NBA next season and will take a lot of pressure off Aldridge & Camby with rebounds, blocks & getting easy put backs. Teams won't be able to double Aldridge with Oden lurking on the other block of the post & Felton & Matthews outside.

Because I don't think that is good enough to win it all without Roy at close to 80%.

If everything happens above and Roy is 75% or so then I think that team has a legit shot at the title. Without that, I think they are very good, but would have no chance to win it all.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:08 AM   #45
niko
I Run NY.

MIller wants to play and wants to start. He's had issues with lost of teammates over him wanting/needing the ball, for good or bad. If they brought him in to be the starter, then yes, he can mentor Ty. If they brought him in as a backup, not only will he not mentor, he's probably going to be a problem in the locker room.
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: