Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-25-2011, 01:00 PM   #16
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The official "bring back" Anthony Parker thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
With Chandler and a veteran to fill the SF position, we will be in the playoffs next season. If the new salary cap prevents Chandler to resign for Dallas, it would be possible.

lmao hope not

we need another very high lottery pick
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 05:14 PM   #17
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

It's possible FC.

This team won 22 games last year. 8-Seed had 35 wins. Tyson Chandler and a veteran SF (assuming you mean, non All-Star caliber, but a vet) are not going to give us anything more than fighting for the 8-Seed, but you gotta ask yourself.. is it worth it?

Personally, I don't think so. I know some agree with me, and I know some agree with you.

Fighting for the 8th seed, we either just miss and have the 14th draft pick, or we get in, have the 15th draft pick, and get swept by the Bulls/Heat/Celtics.

That's one extra year of a worse draft pick, and one extra year of Tyson Chandler aging. You won't improve much more than that going forwards with that strategy.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 06:44 PM   #18
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

FCardelle has an OK reputation so far

I don't think that it is a good situation either. But, at this point, with BC resigned and his comments about veterans speeding up the rebuilding process... I don't think that anybody in the organization has a real intention to build a contender. It is probably about having an entertaining team that can make the playoffs and get good attendances.
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 06:52 PM   #19
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

You might be right.

All of us are a bit confused right now, because Colangelo has indicated that he is looking to improve the current roster to be more competitive, but he also said for the fans to be patient because he's rebuilding

Until we know for sure which directions he's going, it's hard to speculate on future moves.

We should know which direction he's moving shortly after the Free Agency period starts, though (barring a lockout).
Old 06-25-2011, 07:21 PM   #20
keantona
I hit open 5-footers

keantona has decent reputation

I don't know but I expect that the mixed messages come about because the team are rebuilding (as the moves since mid last season suggest) but it's difficult for the GM to come out and openly say the team will be shit next year because of the effect on the casual fan, the attendances and so on.

I have very little faith in MLSE either but they'd have to be total ignoramuses not to get that this team needs to rebuild, so I would think they'd be judging Colangelo based on how the team is shaping up for the long term

For the record, personally I think that by adding Chandler (why would he come here?) or a similar level centre (there are very few) and a sub-allstar level SF, we still wouldn't even compete for 8th place.
keantona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:26 AM   #21
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by keantona
I don't know but I expect that the mixed messages come about because the team are rebuilding (as the moves since mid last season suggest) but it's difficult for the GM to come out and openly say the team will be shit next year because of the effect on the casual fan, the attendances and so on.

I have very little faith in MLSE either but they'd have to be total ignoramuses not to get that this team needs to rebuild, so I would think they'd be judging Colangelo based on how the team is shaping up for the long term

For the record, personally I think that by adding Chandler (why would he come here?) or a similar level centre (there are very few) and a sub-allstar level SF, we still wouldn't even compete for 8th place.

good post.
can't see why chandler would want to go from a championship to the nba basement. there's no way casey is that great of a salesman. Even if dallas has no way to sign him, there will be at least 10 better options than the raps.

I hope you are right that bc is saying he wants to compete to help keep team interest high.

If you follow all of his moves since bosh left you could argue that they were all done to rebuild. Even the chandler trade would have rid the team of calderon (for an expiring contract). So maybe we shouldn't pay too much attention to what he has said. If we look at what he has done (build a team of young potential, even drafting a project) it seems like full rebuilding mode.

The only concern I have is that Casey will be WAY better than Jay and that will hurt the tank.

That is why I am really hoping for a lockout.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:29 AM   #22
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

BC tried to build a playoff team last season but he failed, in part because of the injuries and in part because he is so horrible as a GM. This season we won't be so lucky and we will end 7th-10th in the East.

The most I can hope from this team is that this EuroRaptors with Calderon/Derozan/Kleiza/Bargnani(Davis)/Valenciunas will be better than expected and they can win some playoff games in 2013 or 2014
Old 06-26-2011, 11:41 AM   #23
keantona
I hit open 5-footers

keantona has decent reputation

I doubt Calderon or Bargnani will be Raptors by the time of the next Raptors playoff game. Kleiza may not be moveable, but he won't be starting on a Raptors playoff team.
keantona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:06 PM   #24
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
BC tried to build a playoff team last season but he failed, in part because of the injuries and in part because he is so horrible as a GM. This season we won't be so lucky and we will end 7th-10th in the East.

The most I can hope from this team is that this EuroRaptors with Calderon/Derozan/Kleiza/Bargnani(Davis)/Valenciunas will be better than expected and they can win some playoff games in 2013 or 2014

not this nonsense again

lord have mercy.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:04 PM   #25
bluerap
Local High School Star

Quote:

Old 06-26-2011, 02:24 PM   #26
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
not this nonsense again

lord have mercy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerap
this shows how arse-lickers some posters are... my first paragraph is basically what Q has been saying for years!!!
My second paragraph is just a sign of hopelessness.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:27 PM   #27
bluerap
Local High School Star

do you think it may be because you are projecting a lineup that still features the exact same roster in 2013?
Old 06-26-2011, 02:49 PM   #28
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Haters gonna hate.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:59 PM   #29
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Calderon still starting for the Raptors in 2013 and 14 and Kleiza starting at ANY point are both disasters.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:52 PM   #30
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

No.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: