Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-21-2006, 11:41 AM   #1
shakespeare
I airball my layups

shakespeare has an OK reputation so far
Default Welcome, Mr. Marbury

Quote:
excerpt:

By Donald Christopher
December 19, 2006

Just in case y'all missed it, New York Knicks GM Isiah Thomas brought in Stephon Marbury as his cornerstone towards bringing an NBA championship to The Big Apple. One All-Star point guard reaching out to another. Marbury, in all his valor, arrived as a major piece of the championship puzzle. His arrival signaled the teams' first true superstar since Patrick Ewing's departure in 2000. As a Knick fan, I haven't been this excited since 2002 when Latrell Sprewell returned to Madison Square Garden and gave seated Chairman James Dolan a mouthful in front of the packed-audience. It didn't matter that Sprewell was now a member of the Minnesota Timberwolves when he embarrased the deserving Dolan, his outburst provided thrill and even closure to me as a heartbroken fan.

A buzzer-beater later, has Mr. Marbury finally arrived in New York?
Marbury is officially a New York Knick. Wake up the dogs and call the neighbors. Finally, the young kid from Coney Island has come back to New York. Already a playground legend as a youth and having attended Abraham Lincoln HS in Brooklyn, the explosive and incredibly-gifted veteran player had always dreamed of one day playing for the hometown Knicks. And fans having always dreamed the same. Now, the dream has become a reality. Everyone has waited long enough. Marbury's arrival also signals the return of big-time basketball in the city that never sleeps.

click here to view entire article

Excellently written article.

Last edited by shakespeare : 12-21-2006 at 11:43 AM.
shakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 04:38 PM   #2
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

he's bbbaaaaaackkk
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 04:46 PM   #3
shakespeare
I airball my layups

shakespeare has an OK reputation so far

The Prodigal Son has returned.
shakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 05:05 PM   #4
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

He's got his mojo back and just in time with the Knicks being a 1.5 game from leading the Atlantic Division.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 09:00 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
He's got his mojo back and just in time with the Knicks being a 1.5 game from leading the Atlantic Division.

luckily for you guys the atlantic division is always mediocre.

maybe you guys can pull away this year, who knows
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:16 PM   #6
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

That's my hope is that we seed well and make the playoffs because it's such a weak division.

During the season leading up to the playoffs the players that want it will shine and solidify the rotation and jell.

If we stay healthy and some other teams don't you never know.

That's how sports are today. Most teams are one injury away from missing the the playoffs.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:52 PM   #7
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Guess whos BACK!! Back again.......
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: