Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 07-15-2011, 02:41 AM   #16
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Bobcats draft Kemba Walker, trade for Bismack Biyombo

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
Do you guys think Kemba can take the starting PG job from DJ?
He's way more talented than DJ. I have no doubt he will take it by season's end.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:32 AM   #17
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
Do you guys think Kemba can take the starting PG job from DJ?
Definitely.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:36 AM   #18
lilbill
Darkness

lilbill is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlilbill is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlilbill is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlilbill is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlilbill is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlilbill is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlilbill is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlilbill is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlilbill is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlilbill is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
Definitely.

Whoever wins the starting job will be coming off the bench when the cats land CP3 next summer.

If that happens I could see Kemba at the 2 spot at times. He and CP3 together would be a scoring machine.
lilbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:09 PM   #19
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbill
Whoever wins the starting job will be coming off the bench when the cats land CP3 next summer.

If that happens I could see Kemba at the 2 spot at times. He and CP3 together would be a scoring machine.

That would be pretty awesome. Anyone heard about Biyombo? Is he gonna be able to get out of his current contract?
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:25 PM   #20
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

Nothing on Smack other than he's in Florida working out (last I read). Sounds like someone will have to cough up some money...and the 'Cats can only contribute 500k. IF (and that's a big IF) we have a season I'd guess he could get a loan. Personally I think it'll be next year for NBA games anyway.

Here's a little bit of news about Kembo tho...courtesy of Zig over at BCP:

Kemba (40 Points) Puts On A Show In Greater Hartford Pro-Am

I really can't wait til this guy gets on our court. I don't think I've been so excited about a rookie yet for this franchise.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:24 PM   #21
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Question: If there is no season, how does the draft order work next year? Is it the same order as it was this year?
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:28 AM   #22
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Question: If there is no season, how does the draft order work next year? Is it the same order as it was this year?

Since it's never happened any answer other than from the league would be guessing, but I think Larry Coon opined that they could do a new weighted lottery based on the last season. That way the order wouldn't necessarily be the same, but odds would be good for the same teams having the higher picks.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:02 AM   #23
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~spectre~
Nothing on Smack other than he's in Florida working out (last I read). Sounds like someone will have to cough up some money...and the 'Cats can only contribute 500k. IF (and that's a big IF) we have a season I'd guess he could get a loan. Personally I think it'll be next year for NBA games anyway.

Here's a little bit of news about Kembo tho...courtesy of Zig over at BCP:

Kemba (40 Points) Puts On A Show In Greater Hartford Pro-Am

I really can't wait til this guy gets on our court. I don't think I've been so excited about a rookie yet for this franchise.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:35 PM   #24
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

http://www.courant.com/sports/basket...976061.story00

Props to Zig at BCP for the link...

Quote:
The Pro-Am has, to some degree, become Kemba Walker's league. Walker, drafted No. 9 overall by the Bobcats after leading UConn to the national title, is probably the best player in league history, and his appearances create an unmatched buzz — and an unending reel of highlights. His debut this season occurred July 11. Walker arrived at halftime and scored 32 points in the second half for the Doc Hurley All-Stars, the defending league champion. Walker's season high for points is 55.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:49 PM   #25
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Oh wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:51 AM   #26
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Oh wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah...hard not to get excited about the guy isn't it?

We all need to keep in mind tho that this is glorified streetball, and a lot of guys are scoring mega points that we've probably never even heard of (or will again once the NBA comes back).

Still, with no news it's all we have.

Last I have is from Brandon Jennings' tweet. Jennings & Kemba are two of only 3 bigger NBA names (if I'm not mistaken) Under Armour has under contract so have a connection. They played together last night.

From Proudiddy at BCP:

Quote:
BL00dline3 Brandon Jennings
35pts at #Dyckman.... @KembaWalker 34pts..... With the WIN!!! #EasYYYY
Old 08-08-2011, 03:22 PM   #27
senelcoolidge
Great college starter

senelcoolidge is starting to rub some people the wrong waysenelcoolidge is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I like Kemba. I think he will do well. Yes, he's small, but he plays hard. I think he will be one of the better rookie scorers. The Bobcats are not a good offensive team, so Walker will take some of the load. Doing this will probably effect his FG%, he may take a lot of shots. I would not be surprised if Augustin is not with the team at season's end.
Biyombo, I'm not sure about this guy. He will probably have an occasional defensive highlight, like blocking somebody. But he's very limited offensively and I think better forwards will take advantage of him. He's like a Joel Anthony from the Miami Heat. Basically when he's on the floor it maybe 4 vs. 5 because of his limitations.
Maggette is just filler. He will provide offense. He's a black hole/selfish. But he can score points. He's not a long term guy.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:46 AM   #28
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
I like Kemba. I think he will do well. Yes, he's small, but he plays hard. I think he will be one of the better rookie scorers. The Bobcats are not a good offensive team, so Walker will take some of the load. Doing this will probably effect his FG%, he may take a lot of shots. I would not be surprised if Augustin is not with the team at season's end.
Biyombo, I'm not sure about this guy. He will probably have an occasional defensive highlight, like blocking somebody. But he's very limited offensively and I think better forwards will take advantage of him. He's like a Joel Anthony from the Miami Heat. Basically when he's on the floor it maybe 4 vs. 5 because of his limitations.
Maggette is just filler. He will provide offense. He's a black hole/selfish. But he can score points. He's not a long term guy.

If there is a season I don't think Biyombo will be on the team due to his contract in Spain.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:59 AM   #29
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

KICKS 14: On Sale Now!

Kemba Walker and Under Armour are ready for the next step.

Quote:
This year’s edition, our 14th, has three covers: Kemba, Rajon and Monta Ellis.

How does Kemba, who has yet to play an NBA game, make the cut?

Pretty easily, actually. For one thing, we’re talking about the biggest name in the 2011 Draft. Maybe not the player most likely to be an All-Star, but on the strength of a highlight-filled, magical run to the National Championship, King Kemba has a massive fan base and an accessible personality that will keep those fans engaged for years.

Recognizing Walker’s appeal to such a broad swath of fans—UConn Huskies Nation, New Yorkers, kids, anyone who’s ever been told they’re too small to accomplish something—Under Armour outbid some more established brands and signed Kemba to an endorsement deal that should be hugely beneficial to both parties.

Besides money, Kemba, who will wear the Micro G Juke this year, will get the chance to be featured in ad campaigns, eventually have a signature shoe and have a large say in how said shoe looks and performs.

The cover story, written by yours truly, is built off getting to spend an entire day with Kemba in his home city. We started in the Bronx and ended up at his old high school Rice, chatting, taking photos and watching him get love from passersby the whole time. He’s a cool, humble young man, and I think I got some great stuff out of him…but you’ll have to read it yourself to see for sure.

Old 08-19-2011, 04:32 AM   #30
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Hope Biyombo becomes solid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Maggette is a class act and does not complain about his role on teams. He isnt the smartest player, but he can get to the line and put up points. He is only there for short term help anyways.

False. Maggette complained about having to come off the bench behind Quinton Ross back in the days.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: