Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-28-2011, 10:19 AM   #16
da dream
Kids at the park dunk on me

da dream has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Knicks get rights to Josh Harrellson (2011 NBA Draft pick) from Hornets

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Yea but you don't go get a guy with the mindset that he's going to play garbage time,especially when your starting big man doesn't even belong in the NBA.You take a shot and if he plays to his potential,you're happy.I just don't see the potential nor do I see where anyone else may have found some.If I can't honestly differentiate the difference between you and Shelden Williams,you're pretty bad.N yea it's a 2nd round pick but there were alotta guys that slipped to the 2nd round.Charles Jenkins,Keith Benson,Jeremy Tyler,Trey Thompkins,Vernon Macklin,DeAndre Liggans,Josh Selby ALL went in the second round.For the mere fact that Melo wanted him,Selby shoulda been picked over this guy.We were considering him @ 17,he slips to the 2nd round AND your best player wants him and you take Harrelson over him?Im not a Selby fan at all but c'mon.

But you know what...F it.I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.He's a tough guy and a hard worker and hopefully he'll change the culture of the way we approach things.I just hope we make wise decisions in Free Agency

Harrelson will not be getting garbage time by mid season, he will be in the rotation. Jerome Jordan is the starting center and turriaf will back him up until harrelson is ready. If you don't think harrelson can beat out turriaf eventually than there is something wrong. It only took Mozgov 2months to do so, so I have no fear that harrelson can't do the same, especially after learning under calipari for two season. IMO harrelson and turriaf are the same energy type players, with the exception harrelson is taller and bigger and has a better outside game.

The knicks are building a team. Building a team doesn't always equate to aquiring all the best talent. Its putting pieces together that will work. The knicks came away from this draft with two energy guys who will do the dirty work. These types of players are exactly what he knicks need to surround melo and amare with.

Last edited by da dream : 06-28-2011 at 10:22 AM.
da dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:41 AM   #17
mjc1241

mjc1241 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Knicks get rights to Josh Harrellson (2011 NBA Draft pick) from Hornets

The three big guys in the second round, aside from our pick Harrellson and undrafted Rick Jackson from Syracuse that were being talked about were:
Trey Thompkins - 1st round talent but came into the combine overweight and out of shape. Out of shape in many of the team workouts conducted as well. If a guy can't get in shape to invest in his future, you might want to pass. That is why he slipped to the second round.
Keith Benson - again, could have been a 1st round talent but weighs only 217 pounds at 6'10'' and is considered soft. Another Jared Jeffries with just a bit more talent playing center for us now, maybe not.
Jeremy Tyler - the most intriguing of the bunch as far as talent and size BUT he is very immature. He also worked out for the Knicks and you guess if the saw something that they did not like and decided not to pursue. Just read as well that Golden State paid a whopping 2 mil for the rights to Jeremy Tyler which is substantially more than what we paid for pick 45.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...sct=nba_t2_a13

Last edited by mjc1241 : 06-28-2011 at 12:02 PM.
mjc1241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:23 PM   #18
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc1241
Golden State paid a whopping 2 mil for the rights to Jeremy Tyler which is substantially more than what we paid for pick 45.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...sct=nba_t2_a13
Good for them
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij62usN5x4w

Now that's just ugly... or funny. Depends on the pov.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:17 AM   #19
mjc1241

mjc1241 has an OK reputation so far

Damn; he just looks bad in that clip.......
mjc1241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:08 AM   #20
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Apparently you didnt watch till the end.I saw quite a few NBA level moves.Something Harrelson has NEVER done and probably never will.If that was an attempt to discredit my comment,that was an epic fail.Furthermore,I could go to a more recent video footage of Harrelson getting the business in his Kings workout.

Quote:
Keith Benson - again, could have been a 1st round talent but weighs only 217 pounds at 6'10'' and is considered soft. Another Jared Jeffries with just a bit more talent playing center for us now, maybe not.

1st of all he blocks shots.Jeffries Doesnt.He has a nice face up game.Jeffries doesn't.He has range as far as 20 feet.Jeffries doesnt.PPL fill out all the time. Sure you would like him to have an NBA ready body but adding muscle isnt that hard.DeAndre Jordan was rail thin and I'd LOVE to have him on our team.
He grew up playing PG and grew liek 6 inches in college.Thats why he hasn't filled out yet.

Since we're posting videos,check this out.I apologize for the song.It isn't my video lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekNfb...eature=related
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:34 PM   #21
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Apparently you didnt watch till the end.I saw quite a few NBA level moves.Something Harrelson has NEVER done and probably never will.If that was an attempt to discredit my comment,that was an epic fail.Furthermore,I could go to a more recent video footage of Harrelson getting the business in his Kings workout.
First i don't read what you write, i coudn't care less about your comments.
i didn't quote you did i? I quoted the post above me, a point for paranoia.

Guess you miss being own by me,

I then presume you wanted Jeremy Tyler? I must say i'm not surprised and further reinforces my opinion of you, you understanding of the game is below average and your talent evaluation is a complete joke. How is Joe Alexander doing? The second coming of Jordan according to you.

You saw some NBA Level moves on that clip? That's frigging hilarious, even more if we take in account the level of his opposition. The only thing Jeremy Tyler have that can relate to the NBA is height. I will be surprised if he is still in the league 3 years from now.

Jerome Jordan looks like Hakeem compared to Jeremy Tyler.

Nowhere i mentioned Josh, again i just responded to the post above me, but since you brought him up, Josh right now >>>>>>>>>>>>> Jeremy Tyler.

Quote:
has been a huge factor in Kentucky's run to the Final Four, as he's averaged almost 15 points and 9 rebounds per game while shooting 76% from the field.
http://www.sbnation.com/2011-ncaa-to...-john-calipari

And you can show me a clip of Josh getting the business? I'm sure a Kings workout is more relevant than a professional game. I can show you a clip of Randolph being utterly destroyed by Beasley, and than point out that Randolph in a couple of games with the Wolves had more 20\10 games then Beasley in the entire season

What i like about Josh and Shumpert us that they improved a lot throughout the season, given good reason to believe the will keep improving.

Jeremy Tyler from what i read, regressed.

And you can yap all you want, i've reached my wasted-minutes-on-franchize-2011-quota.

It's been a pleasure. Till next year.

Last edited by Blue&Orange : 06-29-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:50 PM   #22
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
First i don't read what you write, i coudn't care less about your comments.
i didn't quote you did i? I quoted the post above me, a point for paranoia.

O boy...not another "I have to much time on my hands and I take this forum too serious" guy lol

Ironically I wasn't responding to you either so.... MY comments weren't even responding to directly to you.

Furthermore,You have NEVER "owned" me.I tear you a new one every time you come out ya face.Thats why you take months off from the site lol How do you "own" anyone?You can't even stay on topic lol WTF does Beasley and Randolph have to do with anything.Notice you didnt even mention which Randolph

Bottom line is if you want to compare video,it isn't even close.Harrellson shoots a good percentage because 90% of his shots are layup opportunities created by other people.Everyone I mentioned has better workout AND highlight footage.I'm not going to argue about Josh Harrellson over and over again.I think it was a bad pick,others disagree.So be it.Im not going to go thru this all over again.Its an internet site.Its not that serious dude.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:39 PM   #23
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue&Orange

Jerome Jordan looks like Hakeem compared to Jeremy Tyler.

I don't want to argue with anyone right now but if someone asked me I would have picked Harrellson.
From what I have read he is more NBA ready and even thought Tyler is talented there is more chance he will be a bust than a solid center.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: