Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-21-2006, 10:07 PM   #16
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanOnSteroids
remember like it was today. i was still in the army. we just got back from a 6 mile run. get home, as usual turn on the tv and without paying any attention get into the shower. i get out, and this girl that i was hitting had spent the night over, she's freaking out. and then they start showing the replays of the plane hitting the first tower. quickly get dressed get to the mess hall and hear that a 2nd plane just hit the other tower. got my food to go and got to work and find out another one just crashed at the white house. we have formation, everyone gets briefed. we fall out, and i go back to my office, start scrambling trying to get my stuff ready just in case, trying to get my troops ready, feilding calls from family and friends at the same time and then i hear on the phone about the 4th plane. by lunch, we had recieved our orders to secure some of the sensitive areas at the ranges away from the post. we drew weapons and loaded up our gear and went on our way. didn't see my bed again for 6 days, by then they had brought up some of the national guardsmen to relieve us. get back home and then just wait wait wait and wait. it was terrible.
if someone told you a plane hit the white house then that just shows you whats wrong wiith some of the leaders of our militery

im sure it was a honest mistake though and you meant to say pentagon
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:18 PM   #17
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

how is something wrong? Information was spotty that entire day. I was hearing rumors that the trade center, white house, congress, and f&ck even the washington monument were hit.

Hell I was even at school watching the news and nobody knew for sure what had happened for a long time. I can only imagine what it was like at a military base, where the #1 priority is getting mobilized and standing by for orders, not sitting watching CNN all day.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:33 PM   #18
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Tech with Mr. Hatcher. the greatest teacher in the history of the universe. I felt absolutely nothing at the time. the only reason I remember where I was was, 1, everyone told me that this was really devistating and I was like, ok fine, call me devistated then, and 2, my mom was like "you're gonna remember where you were for the rest of your life." and so I do. but not because it affected me in any way personally at all or that I cared because I had absolutely no connection to these events. it was like watching a movie.

my generation is going to grow up and tell horror stories to their kids about what happened that day but the truth is most people my age were only devistated because they were told to be. or because they saw that all the older people were.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:46 PM   #19
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I was in the office for playing tag in the hallway at school. The teachers were watching TV in the room.

Yeah, I was a retard. And not too long ago either.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:46 PM   #20
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
Tech with Mr. Hatcher. the greatest teacher in the history of the universe. I felt absolutely nothing at the time. the only reason I remember where I was was, 1, everyone told me that this was really devistating and I was like, ok fine, call me devistated then, and 2, my mom was like "you're gonna remember where you were for the rest of your life." and so I do. but not because it affected me in any way personally at all or that I cared because I had absolutely no connection to these events. it was like watching a movie.

my generation is going to grow up and tell horror stories to their kids about what happened that day but the truth is most people my age were only devistated because they were told to be. or because they saw that all the older people were.
you are an ass and wrong...not every kid growing up has no emotions and didnt care what was going on

geewiz you are a dumb ****
Old 12-21-2006, 10:47 PM   #21
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

It was my senior year at Stuyvesant, I was a few blocks away. In the library there were huge windows with a view of the attack, and from the room I was in, you could see some of it. There was no announcement to evacuate, just that there were plane hits(I guess they didnt realize it was an attack) but when you looked down from the window, you could see thousands of people in the streets, it was pure chaos. Rumors flew quickly while we were evacuating that there was a bomb in the school, and all this other stuff that wasnt true. The building shook when the first tower collapsed, I guess thats why others thought it was a bomb. That day brings very bad memories.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:59 PM   #22
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

I called my parents, they wanted to drive me home, but Manhattan was sealed off. I walked across the bridge, and called some friends who drove me home from there. It was such a sad day, couldnt return to school for a while because of the toxic air.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 11:00 PM   #23
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
you are an ass and wrong...not every kid growing up has no emotions and didnt care what was going on

geewiz you are a dumb ****

statman STFU. Not everyone thinks like your simple minded ass
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 11:09 PM   #24
Lakerz_Forever
Local High School Star

Lakerz_Forever has an OK reputation so far

ay calm down, i know this is a strong topic, but let's not go at each other's throats.
Lakerz_Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:05 AM   #25
9spurs
Serious playground baller

9spurs has an OK reputation so far

I was at my grade 9 period two geography class when it all happened. The teacher was told to change the channel to CNN, and from there life was different. The whole school was in shock trying to call their loved ones who lived in NYC. When i got home i began listening to the news. It was a sad day indeed.
9spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:25 AM   #26
nashforprez
Local High School Star

nashforprez has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanOnSteroids
remember like it was today. i was still in the army. we just got back from a 6 mile run. get home, as usual turn on the tv and without paying any attention get into the shower. i get out, and this girl that i was hitting had spent the night over, she's freaking out. and then they start showing the replays of the plane hitting the first tower. quickly get dressed get to the mess hall and hear that a 2nd plane just hit the other tower. got my food to go and got to work and find out another one just crashed at the white house. we have formation, everyone gets briefed. we fall out, and i go back to my office, start scrambling trying to get my stuff ready just in case, trying to get my troops ready, feilding calls from family and friends at the same time and then i hear on the phone about the 4th plane. by lunch, we had recieved our orders to secure some of the sensitive areas at the ranges away from the post. we drew weapons and loaded up our gear and went on our way. didn't see my bed again for 6 days, by then they had brought up some of the national guardsmen to relieve us. get back home and then just wait wait wait and wait. it was terrible.

thank you for your service
nashforprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:40 AM   #27
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I was in 10th grade Spanish class. I remember the TVs came on out of nowhere and they showed the towers smoking...i thought it was just some smoke stacks or something so i was confused, then i saw what had happened and i didn't really think much of it. I wasn't til the next few days that i realized how big it was
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:49 AM   #28
statman32
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
statman STFU. Not everyone thinks like your simple minded ass
lol your trying to call me out when everyone on the board and me have called your dumb ass out many times...dont forget... your opinion doesnt matter

Last edited by statman32 : 12-22-2006 at 01:51 AM.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:35 AM   #29
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

whose opinions really does matter on a basketball board?
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 02:43 AM   #30
statman32
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
whose opinions really does matter on a basketball board?
we are trying to have intelligent banter on here

All your posts consist of a 5 years old opinion
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: