Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-27-2011, 04:26 AM   #16
kingchessking
I airball my layups

kingchessking has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: List of free and restricted agents.

looking at the raps recent FA pickups...i cant help but to say that we'll probably end up signing kirilenko...
for SF we've signed: Hedo, kleiza, kapono

Although i would say kirilenko is better than all 3, but that wont makes us contend for a playoff spot unless demar and davis both hv breakout seaso, calderon returns to form, barbosa and bayless both can play at their peak level, and our defense stop being an absolute joke, and bargs averages at least 6-7 rebounds...

i rather we just develop our players more at this momenet and save up some cap space for later FA to actually be competing in the playoffs
Plus...i think next years draft class will be better
kingchessking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:05 AM   #17
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

maybe JR smith and move de rozen to SF?
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:30 AM   #18
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation
Default Re: Who would you pick if it were sign and trade ?

Who off the list would you pick if it were "sign and trade"

Barges for those FA centers?

Jose Calderon for any of those FA PG?

Put it in those terms assuming that both these guys make $10MM per and the Raptors - even with Barbosa - can absorb some salary under the cap i.e. a 2 - 3 million difference per player ??

Opens up some new horizons. Take a player back for 3 years

Last edited by Jballer : 06-27-2011 at 10:47 AM.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:50 AM   #19
BoogieWoogieMan
BTE Prophet

BoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigthomasb
maybe JR smith and move de rozen to SF?

Smith and Bargs on the same team? Do you want our team's basketball IQ score to be in the negatives?
BoogieWoogieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:54 AM   #20
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogieWoogieMan
Smith and Bargs on the same team? Do you want our team's basketball IQ score to be in the negatives?

Yeah I've committed to trading bargnani by any means possible
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:52 PM   #21
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

I really do not think this team should trade Bargs. They have spent the last 2 years stocking up on guys who compliment him with their D and rebounding. I think he's a perfect fit now once Val comes over especially. Without him, your bigs don't give you enough O IMO.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:53 PM   #22
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board

nene
gasol
chandler
butler

i dont feel the james johnson experiment is going to work out and it would be great to have a legit nba wing play next to derozan

highly doubt he'll leave the mavericks, only player likely to leave their team (from my list anyway) is nene

knowing BC and Ujiri's relationship in the past i definitely think it's a possibility
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:43 PM   #23
BoogieWoogieMan
BTE Prophet

BoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigthomasb
Yeah I've committed to trading bargnani by any means possible

I support for trading the prime time commercial star but I do not want those two on the same team. Hell, can we just stay away from JR Smith? He has a bigger ego then Carter/tMac combine! Not down with that scenerio.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:46 PM   #24
BoogieWoogieMan
BTE Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz
i dont feel the james johnson experiment is going to work out and it would be great to have a legit nba wing play next to derozan

I got high hopes for JJ, even Pippen expects him to be a solid starter in the NBA. But he did make that comment about LeDiva...

I guess time will tell about that one.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:38 PM   #25
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

Btw I meant Wilson Chandler.

Not Tyson.

There are some other interesting sf options also.
What I am really hoping for is dallas will resign Tyson and trade us Haywood and a draft pick for bargs.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:15 PM   #26
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

Haywood is so expensive though...
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:41 PM   #27
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

Haywood? J.R. Smith? Those are guys who could help a team that is already good, where they wouldn't be completely screwed if Haywood's knees gave out or J.R. murdered a hooker.

We need young talent for the rebuild! Marc Gasol, Jeff Green, Thaddeus Young, or Wilson Chandler are the only players I want us targeting for a long term contract this offseason.

And did someone seriously say that we have built a team built for "D and rebounding" to fit around Bargs, and that our bigs would lack "O" if Bargnani was dealt? Come on man, wake up. For one thing, our team is pretty much the worst in the league at D and rebounding. And more importantly, Bargnani is a loser no matter what you "put around him" (as if he is franchise player material in the first place), he is a player who makes your team worse the more he plays, I have honestly come to believe that. He doesn't rebound or defend worth a lick, and although he puts up points, he has to be the one of the most inefficient big man scorers in the league. He's garbage and he makes too much money, the sooner we get rid of him (for ANYTHING) the better for this team's future.

Last edited by A.M.G. : 06-27-2011 at 08:45 PM.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:23 PM   #28
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus
I really do not think this team should trade Bargs. They have spent the last 2 years stocking up on guys who compliment him with their D and rebounding. I think he's a perfect fit now once Val comes over especially. Without him, your bigs don't give you enough O IMO.

I suppose you were one of the people who were worried when we didn't resign Michael Jordan James?
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:24 PM   #29
HOV
Can barely lace up my sneakers

HOV has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
Lol, that was a good joke about us going after Dwight.
Why is it a joke? The joke is bluerap suggesting we trade Bargs for Haywood lmao. Look, the prospect of joining DeRozan and Jonas in Toronto has to at least be enticing for Howard and Paul. If we have enough cap for them both, we can try to sign them and create our own super team.
HOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 12:13 AM   #30
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board

I will put money down that the raptors are going to sign Aaron Gray (just opted out of his contract)
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: