Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-27-2011, 11:15 PM   #31
bluerap
Good High School Starter

Default Re: List of free and restricted agents.

First of all I said Haywood and a first rounder. This has more to do with moving on to life without bargs and unfortunately I don't think he has very high trade value at the moment.

And yeah, I'm sure Howard and Paul will be tripping over each other to sign with the raps now that we have Jonas valancunius.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:15 PM   #32
Burgz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOV
Why is it a joke? The joke is bluerap suggesting we trade Bargs for Haywood lmao. Look, the prospect of joining DeRozan and Jonas in Toronto has to at least be enticing for Howard and Paul. If we have enough cap for them both, we can try to sign them and create our own super team.

that's not enticing AT ALL

if they can get the same money PLUS play in NY or LA why the bloody hell would they come to Toronto?
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:45 AM   #33
HOV
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerap
First of all I said Haywood and a first rounder. This has more to do with moving on to life without bargs and unfortunately I don't think he has very high trade value at the moment.
It's still a horrible suggestion. Haywood is owed some $35M and he's old and injury prone. I don't like Bargs either, but Haywood is one of the last guys I'd want on this team.
HOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:47 AM   #34
HOV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz
if they can get the same money PLUS play in NY or LA why the bloody hell would they come to Toronto?
They can't both go to NY or LA. Those teams don't have the cap to get them both. My point is that we shouldn't waste all our money this summer. I think we should save it all and use it next summer when the free agency class is a lot stronger.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:53 AM   #35
Burgz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOV
They can't both go to NY or LA. Those teams don't have the cap to get them both. My point is that we shouldn't waste all our money this summer. I think we should save it all and use it next summer when the free agency class is a lot stronger.

did i say they were both going to the same team? you're the one claiming they're attached at the hip not me, read my post before you jump to conclusions

while i agree next year's free agent class is stronger, it is definitely not a smart idea to bank on either howard or paul coming to toronto.

we don't even know what the new salary cap is going to be like, in case you haven't heard there is something called a collective bargaining agreement that expires kinda soon
Old 06-28-2011, 02:54 AM   #36
Burgz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOV

double post

Last edited by Burgz : 06-28-2011 at 02:57 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:20 PM   #37
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOV
Why is it a joke? The joke is bluerap suggesting we trade Bargs for Haywood lmao. Look, the prospect of joining DeRozan and Jonas in Toronto has to at least be enticing for Howard and Paul. If we have enough cap for them both, we can try to sign them and create our own super team.

Oh man, this guy is a comedian! That's a great gag, making ludicrous statements about us having a chance at either of these players, almost like someone completely detached from reality. Luckily, no one can actually be this dumb, but that's what makes it funny. High five bro, good, good jokes. Keep'em coming.

"The prospect of joining DeRozan and Jonas in Toronto has to be enticing..." LOL

Last edited by A.M.G. : 06-28-2011 at 03:23 PM.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:53 PM   #38
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

I don't htink Paul would come to Toronto, but if it was completely objective, Tor has the perfect roster to compliment a great PG like Paul. A bunch of youth and athleticism with Derozan,Bargs,Johnson,Davis,Amir and Valanciunas. You'd certainly like to see a shooter added on the wing, but that's always doable.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:05 PM   #39
HOV

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
Oh man, this guy is a comedian! That's a great gag, making ludicrous statements about us having a chance at either of these players, almost like someone completely detached from reality. Luckily, no one can actually be this dumb, but that's what makes it funny. High five bro, good, good jokes. Keep'em coming.
you'd have said the same thing last summer if I told you James, Wade, and Bosh would all sign with the Heat. I'd think Paul and Howard would at least consider playing together if the opportunity presented itself. it's cool, though, keep acting like you know exactly what they'll do.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:19 PM   #40
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOV
you'd have said the same thing last summer if I told you James, Wade, and Bosh would all sign with the Heat. I'd think Paul and Howard would at least consider playing together if the opportunity presented itself. it's cool, though, keep acting like you know exactly what they'll do.

It's not a matter of him pretending to know what they are going to do, but it's a pretty much known around the league that Toronto management has been flawed lately, there aren't a whole lot of great pieces in place for the future here, and Toronto (as an NBA city) has a reputation of being an undesirable location.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:18 PM   #41
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

We are basically screwed until we get that one All-Star player through the draft that we seem to missing year after year. Add that player to the rest of our team and maybe it looks a little bit more desirable for free agents because there is no way a Paul or Howard is coming to this team through free agency.

We need to stop with these band-aid MLE signings of role players like Kapono and Kleiza. We need to start letting these inflated contracts like Calderon's expire or trade them for an expirer. There shouldn't be any rush anymore.

We have an up-and-coming Tyson Chandler in Jonas that has a better shot and more athleticism. Add in another good defensive player in Davis and a solid, always improving SG in DeRozan and the team is looking quite promising. We just need that extra piece in the draft whether it be a point guard or small forward to change the fortunes of this team.

Just no more band-aid signings please. We`re probably going to have to wait out Bargnani and Kleiza`s deals for the next 5 years now taking money away from better, younger players that we can acquire through the draft.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: