Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-28-2011, 09:06 PM   #1
DeronMillsap
Banned

DeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Why no love for coach Carlisle?

I know Dirk and Kidd deserved their long awaited championship rings, and as well as Terry and Marion. But Carlisle has had an amazing career as coach where he's only missed the playoffs once in 9 years. He help built the 2000's Pistons before Larry Brown came in.

He actually deserved more respect and love for helping the Maverick win their first championship.

Personally, Carlisle deserves his ring way more than Doc Rivers. Carlisle did it with one superstar. His track record was far superior than Rivers as well prior to 2008.
DeronMillsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:10 PM   #2
fos
It's not rebound-ball.

fos is a pretty well-respected posterfos is a pretty well-respected posterfos is a pretty well-respected posterfos is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Why no love for coach Carlisle?

Best coach in the league.
fos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:11 PM   #3
tazb
HoFx3+1

tazb posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrytazb posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrytazb posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

tazb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:33 PM   #4
BarberSchool
93 MJ Uber Alles

BarberSchool is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Because he looks like Jim Carrey and he's a lame.
That's why.

I personally think he's a great coach, X's & O's wise.
And he always comes thru with deep statements and well-chosen words in key times during speeches.

Like for instance ,the greater point he was making when he made the short interjectionary speech during the championship celebration....with Cuban holding the trophy at a loss for words (rare for cuban)...

He said that Mark Cuban's career as an owner has displayed the monumental difference between SUCCESS and FULFILLMENT. the way he said it indicated to me that it was a much larger critique than of other sports owners, but of the western ownership class in general as of late.

I felt Carlisle to the bone when he said that.
But yeah, he's such a lame, and so physically unimposing, that in the sports world, those who judge a nbook by the cover will NEVER be able to give him the full fill of respect he deserves.
BarberSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:35 PM   #5
Deltron3030
Kids at the park dunk on me

Deltron3030 has not been impressing people

I'll say this, if Carlisle was coaching the Mavs in that first finals they played the Heat instead of Avery, they woulda won that series in 7.
Deltron3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:17 AM   #6
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Carlisle has always been a great coach

Just look at what he did with that Pacers team when Artest, Jackson, JO got suspended.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:05 AM   #7
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltron3030
I'll say this, if Carlisle was coaching the Mavs in that first finals they played the Heat instead of Avery, they woulda won that series in 7.

You kidding? The Heat would have not even made it to six with him coaching that Mavs team.

He crushes Avery when it comes to adjustments and game planning.

I could write pages on how much better RC is. Its not even close in my mind and I thought that BEFORE the title.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:22 AM   #8
dirkdiggler41
(no Dirk homer)

dirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this board

RC is a great coach, no doubt about. He did a great job with the Pacers and Pistons. His coaching before this season and playoffs has not been that great imo. I could never stand the JJ, JT and Kidd lineup. He just seemed like a coach who was good, but not good enough to win with the Mavericks.
I still want to see him more to really judge him.
dirkdiggler41 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: