Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-26-2011, 04:17 PM   #1
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default List of free and restricted agents.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...eeAgents-11-12

BC was talking about grabbing someone in free agency, any canidates you might be interested in?
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:34 PM   #2
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation
Default Re: List of free and restricted agents.

Not really to be honest. Kind of depressing.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:42 PM   #3
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

JJ Barea
Caron Butler

Those are the only two that I would give longer term contracts to.

On 1 or two years deals I would take

Joel Pryzbilla
Rasual Butler
Shane Battier
Tayshan Prince
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:01 PM   #4
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

Nobody to be honest. We already have a vet in Calderon and imo that's the only one we need when looking at our makeup. May need to pick up a backup center though since Jonas won't be here next year.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:12 PM   #5
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
Nobody to be honest. We already have a vet in Calderon and imo that's the only one we need when looking at our makeup. May need to pick up a backup center though since Jonas won't be here next year.
Solomon Alibi is completely sufficient for the tank.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:16 PM   #6
keantona
I hit open 5-footers

keantona has decent reputation

Maybe I'd give a minimum contract to Jamario Moon just because I liked him when he was here before. He'd be a waste of money and should barely get a minute but I look at that list and see barely anyone who is still young and with potential, and those are the only players I want us to bring in. I guess I'd look at Greg Oden and perhaps Aaron Brooks. And Marc Gasol too I guess, but we'd have no chance there. Shane Battier seems like he'd be a good veteran influence, but he's stilll too good to accept going to Toronto for a minimum contract, so I wouldn't take him either.
keantona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:07 PM   #7
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Nene
Caron Butler
JJ Barea
Marc Gasol

Those are the logical picks on my end. I saw some decent players, but seeing how Derozan and Davis are developing, I had to be more specific.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:20 PM   #8
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

Nene or chandler depending on price, we need to trade bargnani though if we go with a big

would love to see caron butler, but hes 31 now, nothing more than a 3 or 4 year deal

also, good shout on barrera

off season should be. trade calderon and bargnani then look at free agency
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:12 PM   #9
HOV
Can barely lace up my sneakers

HOV has not been impressing people

nope... not a single one.
HOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:33 PM   #10
bluerap
Local High School Star

I'd be interested in Chandler Playing sf at the right price.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:15 PM   #11
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Gasol/Nene/Chandler then trade Bargs
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:41 PM   #12
HOV
Can barely lace up my sneakers

HOV has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
Gasol/Nene/Chandler then trade Bargs
I'd much rather go for Dwight next summer. If we have enough cap, we can try to make our own super team with Howard and Paul/Williams.
HOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:16 AM   #13
bluerap
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOV
I'd much rather go for Dwight next summer. If we have enough cap, we can try to make our own super team with Howard and Paul/Williams.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:33 AM   #14
hassano
High School Varsity 12th Man

hassano has decent reputationhassano has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOV

can we get Kobe too?
hassano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:04 AM   #15
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

Lol, that was a good joke about us going after Dwight.

But on a serious note, I see three young players in this free agent class that I would actually want us to consider throwing some money at:

Jeff Green - I know Boston traded Perkins to get Green and he is a restricted free agent, but I don`t know that they would be willing to match a large offer. I mean they have a ton of money still tied up in the Big Four, and they might decide keeping Glen Davis around is more important. I think Green would fit in on Toronto as our SF of the future, he`s a slightly underrated player to me, one of the top physical talents in this FA class.

Marc Gasol - Also a restricted FA, but I would not be averse to throwing a major contract his way. Memphis isn`t exactly made of money, and they have quite a bit of money invested in Gay and Randolph I believe. Gasol would provide us with that high-quality, true low-post center we`ve never had.

Thaddeus Young - Restricted, and probably the least attractive for a major contract of the three, but it might still be worth offering him and seeing if the Sixers match. I believe he could start at SF for us for years and really bring something in terms of rebounding and getting to the basket.

Other than that, all the other 2011 Free Agents are either too old or not good enough to make a big difference long term, or in the case of David West/Tyson Chandler/Nene/Wilson Chandler, desireable but highly unlikely to happen. Really I`ll just be happy if we avoid throwing a ridiculous contract at some over-the-hill/over-rated role-player that Colangelo "covets" (ala Turkoglu).

Players I hope we steer far away from:

Andrei Kirilenko
Josh Howard
Samuel Dalembert
Jason Richardson
Michael Redd
Grant Hill
Mike Dunleavy
Tracy McGrady
Caron Butler
Erick Dampier
Mike Bibby
Kenyon Martin
J.R. Smith
Shane Battier
J.J. Barea
Jamal Crawford

I realize some of these guys are still damn good players. The only thing is they aren`t good enough to make us playoff contenders, but they are good enough to send us from the bottom of the barrel to the lower end of the middle of the pack (ie. drafting late lottery instead of Top 5). Plus most of them are old enough that by the time the rebuild is complete, they won`t be around to contribute. For next year at least we need to be bad, let the young guys play, and try to trade Jose and Andrea. We need to concentrate on accumulating young talent for now, and I`d really only want us to spend free agency money to try to get a long-term starter like Green or Marc Gasol.

Last edited by A.M.G. : 06-27-2011 at 01:37 AM.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: