Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-30-2011, 02:24 AM   #1
catch24
phal5

catch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default The days Vince Carter could shut down/jump outta the gym

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=188dZTSxGJU

6:30 and 9:00
catch24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:38 AM   #2
Bogus_Sting
Old School Cool

Bogus_Sting has decent reputation
Default Re: The days Vince Carter could shut down/jump outta the gym

Quote:
Originally Posted by catch24

Damn, thats actually a lil sad

I miss VC.
Bogus_Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:41 AM   #3
The-Legend-24
LA DECIMA!!

The-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected poster

The-Legend-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:00 AM   #4
Haymaker
College star

Haymaker has decent reputationHaymaker has decent reputation

beautiful dunks. Carter was amazing to watch.
Haymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:01 AM   #5
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board

growing up in toronto he was everything i wanted and didnt want to be as a basketball player

regardless he did things for this city that no one has ever done as an athlete
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:46 AM   #6
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here

Amazing dunks, but were they playing basketball there for real wtf was that ?
Sakkreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:40 AM   #7
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogus_Sting
Damn, thats actually a lil sad

I miss VC.
It's a different feeling for me. That clip always makes me happy. Vince Carter provided us with some of the most entertaining and mind-bending athletic feats in NBA and basketball world history. I enjoyed every second of his exploits.

I think it's safe to say that in this case, I benefitted from being a fan of the player and not the team. I was able to just sit back and enjoy the ride while Raptors fan unfortunately had other things they had to worry about. I just happened to be a Pistons die-hard who couldn't deny the electricity of VC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakkreth
Amazing dunks, but were they playing basketball there for real wtf was that ?

Do you mean, like, why weren't they going hard and playing sloppy and whatnot? If that be the case, I don't know the answer, for I am unfamiliar with how intense those Entertainer's Basketball Classics really, really were in terms of non-stop defense and whatnot.

This game was supposed to be played at Rucker but was rained out and moved to the Gauchos Gym. As the story goes (according to an early 2000's doc called On Hallowed Ground) Vince sort of thought he could just make an appearance and let things play out (as can be seen with him letting the kid fire three after three unmolested). Then, he amps it up a little bit and magic happens.

On Hallowed Ground Excerpt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6LTMPSZw-8

That windmill is one of my favorite basketball moments ever. I just remember two guys right in front of the camera, one possibly wearing an Indians cap with a towel on his shoulder, look like they're going into convulsions. Awesome stuff.

Last edited by Rake2204 : 06-30-2011 at 09:11 AM.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:44 AM   #8
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King

OhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
It's a different feeling for me. That clip always makes me happy. Vince Carter provided us with some of the most entertaining and mind-bending athletic feats in NBA and basketball world history. I enjoyed every second of his exploits.

I think it's safe to say that in this case, I benefitted from being a fan of the player and not the team. I was able to just sit back and enjoy the ride while Raptors fan unfortunately had other things they had to worry about. I just happened to be a Pistons die-hard who couldn't deny the electricity of VC.

Do you mean, like, why weren't they going hard and playing sloppy and whatnot? If that be the case, I don't know the answer, for I am unfamiliar with how intense those Entertainer's Basketball Classics really, really were in terms of non-stop defense and whatnot.

This game was supposed to be played at Rucker but was rained out and moved to the Gauchos Gym. As the story goes (according to an early 2000's doc called On Hallowed Ground) Vince sort of thought he could just make an appearance and let things play out (as can be seen with him letting the kid fire three after three unmolested). Then, he amps it up a little bit and magic happens.

On Hallowed Ground Excerpt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6LTMPSZw-8

That windmill is one of my favorite basketball moments ever. I just remember two guys right in front of the camera, one possibly wearing an Indians cap with a towel on his shoulder, look like they're going into convulsions. Awesome stuff.

That was the problem with VC his whole career IMO, he never molested the 3pt shooter enough.
OhNoTimNoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:29 AM   #9
Noob Saibot
NBA lottery pick

Noob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected poster

the alley oop windmill is a signature dunk for Vince. Nobody else has done it better. funny thing is VC has several signature dunks.
Noob Saibot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:43 AM   #10
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board

the actual story is some dude on the other team attempted to "call out" vince and vince embarrassed him

it was on his beyond the glory
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:34 PM   #11
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board

Greatest dunker of all-time. I personally think he should be in the hall of fame, but we'll see.
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:54 PM   #12
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob Saibot
the alley oop windmill is a signature dunk for Vince. Nobody else has done it better. funny thing is VC has several signature dunks.
I'm going to try my best not to deny the next revolutionary NBA dunker that comes along. I don't want to be like the guy who always insists that anything David Thompson did will be better than anything any new player ever attemts.

However, man, Vince Carter. . .I'm almost speechless in describing his dunk style. And you're right, he has a ton of signature dunks. And while nearly all of his dunks have been imitated, I'm not sure they've ever been truly duplicated. There is a certain way about Vince. . .it's not just the dunks he performs, but the way in which he performs them. I've seen a fair share of players pulling off his reverse windmill 360, but I'd say the vast majority just don't do it like he does. It's awesome.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:57 PM   #13
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStebb716
Greatest dunker of all-time. I personally think he should be in the hall of fame, but we'll see.
He should be.

That game was whack though ...

He let Whole Lotta Game shoot.

And of course that kid couldn't defend VC to save his life.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: