Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 07-18-2011, 05:09 PM   #361
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2011 FIBA Under-19 world championship

Number 11 from Ukraine played great too.

And Aldemir from Turkey is also another great prospect, he got like 100 rebounds today.

Not impressed by Italy's Gentile, who I was told was their best player.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:11 PM   #362
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is considered somewhat coolEuroleague is considered somewhat coolEuroleague is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
Just watched him score 41 against Ukraine, great offensive game.
I wouldn't say he '"way too soft" but yes, he has to be tougher. He's got time to develop.

Right now, he is far too soft to become anything serious as a player at Euroleague level. Maybe he will get tougher, but I doubt it. He looks like the classic case of uber soft player to me so far.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:15 PM   #363
sodap
Serious playground baller

sodap has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
Right now, he is far too soft to become anything serious as a player at Euroleague level. Maybe he will get tougher, but I doubt it. He looks like the classic case of uber soft player to me so far.

20 year old player with mad skills. he'll get tougher, but you dont need to be KG-like or Shaq-like to be a great player. For example, Pau Gasol has had a pretty successful career
sodap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:18 PM   #364
bletchley
I airball my layups

bletchley has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Number 11 from Ukraine played great too.

And Aldemir from Turkey is also another great prospect, he got like 100 rebounds today.

Not impressed by Italy's Gentile, who I was told was their best player.
Furkan aldemir is a great player at his age but his teammates sucks,he could be the mvp of this tournament if turkey has a few decent guard
his stats are 16.3ppg 14.8 rpg 0.8steal and 2.3 blocks
he has similar skills to omer asik but better at offense ,at least more confident
bletchley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:21 PM   #365
jwmann2
Can barely lace up my sneakers

jwmann2 has an OK reputation so far

Internationalization is one of the reasons the NBA has seen a decline in its ratings. Players like Dirk, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, Pao Gasol have changed the landscape. You no longer see the players that dominated the college ranks and you were familiar with like the old days. Not saying it's a bad thing, the goal was to get countries like China interested in the NBA and they have succeeded.

http://www.FromThisSeat.com
jwmann2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:59 AM   #366
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is considered somewhat coolEuroleague is considered somewhat coolEuroleague is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodap
20 year old player with mad skills. he'll get tougher, but you dont need to be KG-like or Shaq-like to be a great player. For example, Pau Gasol has had a pretty successful career

Even though Pau is soft, he does not play as soft as Mirotic does.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:20 AM   #367
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
He doesn't need to get that much tougher, he's got a good perimeter game that could make up for his lack of intensity inside.
Real Madrid should trade Reyes so Mirotic and Velickovic get more minutes.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:22 AM   #368
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by bletchley
Furkan aldemir is a great player at his age but his teammates sucks,he could be the mvp of this tournament if turkey has a few decent guard
his stats are 16.3ppg 14.8 rpg 0.8steal and 2.3 blocks
he has similar skills to omer asik but better at offense ,at least more confident
His teammates, Koksal aside, were crap. I think they only hit 1 three while all Italian defenders were focused on Aldemir.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:22 AM   #369
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
Even though Pau is soft, he does not play as soft as Mirotic does.
Pau's softness is way too exaggerated.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:01 AM   #370
Laimbeer_Rodman
Decent playground baller

Laimbeer_Rodman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
+1
Laimbeer_Rodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:49 AM   #371
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
He doesn't need to get that much tougher, he's got a good perimeter game that could make up for his lack of intensity inside.
Real Madrid should trade Reyes so Mirotic and Velickovic get more minutes.

No. Velickovic isn't that good. Probably the most overrated player in Euroleague now that Rubio left.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:50 AM   #372
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:

At times, Pau is not soft. At other times he is. Mirotic is almost always soft.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:51 AM   #373
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
No. Velickovic isn't that good. Probably the most overrated player in Euroleague now that Rubio left.
I'd still put him over Reyes.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:58 AM   #374
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
I'd still put him over Reyes.

No. Reyes is fighting with Diamantidis for title of least athletic rotation player under 2.13 in Euroleague, but he is better than Velickovic. Quite frankly, Velickovic is just a hustle player.

Velickovic is basically a poor man's version of Hervelle. He just hustles and throws his body around. Reyes, even though he is a bit past his prime, is still better.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:04 AM   #375
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
No. Reyes is fighting with Diamantidis for title of least athletic rotation player under 2.13 in Euroleague, but he is better than Velickovic. Quite frankly, Velickovic is just a hustle player.

Velickovic is basically a poor man's version of Hervelle. He just hustles and throws his body around. Reyes, even though he is a bit past his prime, is still better.
Better or not, Madrid isn't winning anything soon so why not play the young players more?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: