Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 12-21-2006, 06:56 PM   #1
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Durant vs Oden

Whos is the better prospect so far?

It's easy for some fo you to jump up and down and say "Oden" straight away, his team is the 3rd ranked team in the country, and in the 4 games he's played, he has been pretty impressive, but he has very good teammates.

Durant in the bits and bobs I've seen, has looked fluid. To me he looks like the most NBA ready freshman I can remember.

Who do you guys think is more ready to compete at the pros, and who would you take?
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 06:58 PM   #2
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
To me he looks like the most NBA ready freshman I can remember.

have you seen how skinny this kids arms are? he'd be good in the NBA but he's not as good a Oden is or even Carmelo when he was a syracuse.

plus this should be in the college forum

qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 07:00 PM   #3
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty
have you seen how skinny this kids arms are? he'd be good in the NBA but he's not as good a Oden is or even Carmelo when he was a syracuse.

I don't care how skinny his arms are, and he is going to out do Anthony by the end of the year.

This is in this forum, because I am saying: "Who would you pick?" E.g. NBA draft.

People jumping to silly conclusions.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:03 PM   #4
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Speaking for a team that needs SF help, I would sure like to see Durant in a Blazers' uniform. The kid can flat out play. I would still take Oden though. On defense he definitely alters many shots and he'll be good for 15+ ppg in his rookie season.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 07:05 PM   #5
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
Speaking for a team that needs SF help, I would sure like to see Durant in a Blazers' uniform. The kid can flat out play. I would still take Oden though. On defense he definitely alters many shots and he'll be good for 15+ ppg in his rookie season.

I can see Durant averaging 20+ppg in his rookie year in the right situation.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:06 PM   #6
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Just a note:

Nobody knows that Oden will be better than Durant in the pros.

This could well be a Hakeem-Jordan thing down the track.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:07 PM   #7
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think that Oden is the more NBA-ready prospect, as he will be able to contribute immediatley with his shot blocking and rebounding prowess. What I've seen of Oden, he has a good feel around the basket on both the offensive and defensive ends, and runs the court pretty well.

As for Durant, I've seen him play a couple of televised games, and am equally impressed, but in different ways. For his size (6'10") he's extremeley athletic and fluid, and can handle the ball, drive to the hoop, and has an excellent jump shot.

He probably won't contribute in the way that Oden will straight out of college, but in the long run he has more "superstar potential" as the league tends to cater to wing-based players. If you look at the superstars who transcend the game and become marketable media stars (Lebron, Wade, Jordan, Kobe, Vince, even T-Mac) they are all scorers and wing players.

Who would I choose? Oden in a heartbeat, but only because I am more of a traditionalist who loves a dominant big man.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 07:23 PM   #8
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

i don't neccesarily think big men can't be marketable in today's game.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 07:30 PM   #9
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
i don't neccesarily think big men can't be marketable in today's game.

Oden is going to get a big paycheck from either Adidas or Nike when he goes pro. Not quite LeBron-type money, but it's going to be significant. That's why he'll most likely go pro when the season ends.

If it wasn't for the shoe companies, I could see Oden staying at OSU for a few more years. But the money is too good to pass up when a potential signing bonus is in the 10-20 million dollar range.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 08:13 PM   #10
BlackMoses
High school junior varsity star

BlackMoses has an OK reputation so far

I understand the angle you're trying to take here, but Oden is simply too good too early. Durant is definitely intriguing, pretty much T-Mac on stilts, w/out the back problems. I could see Noah going ahead of Durant if he picks up his play, where I can't see that for Oden.
BlackMoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 08:25 PM   #11
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric

This is in this forum, because I am saying: "Who would you pick?" E.g. NBA draft.

then it should go in the nba draft forum.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 08:27 PM   #12
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

I'd like to say that Odon is 1a and Durant is 1b, but Oden is a C so it can't be said.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 09:03 PM   #13
Ricardo Tubbs
High School JV MVP

Ricardo Tubbs has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Oden is going to get a big paycheck from either Adidas or Nike when he goes pro.

No, he isn't. Unless you think something like $1-2mil is "big." Big men have NEVER sold shoes. Nobody wants to be like Shaq or Duncan or KG. Remember Dunk.net? The giant Ewings? The $30 Hakeems?

People just don't relate to the big men. They are horrible pitchmen for shoes.

Oh, and Oden by a god damned mile. Durant might be a Dirk or Anthony-level player, Oden might be David effin' Robinson.
Ricardo Tubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 09:34 PM   #14
BlackMoses
High school junior varsity star

BlackMoses has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo Tubbs
No, he isn't. Unless you think something like $1-2mil is "big." Big men have NEVER sold shoes. Nobody wants to be like Shaq or Duncan or KG. Remember Dunk.net? The giant Ewings? The $30 Hakeems?

People just don't relate to the big men. They are horrible pitchmen for shoes.

Oh, and Oden by a god damned mile. Durant might be a Dirk or Anthony-level player, Oden might be David effin' Robinson.

Uh, Duncan and KG are in the it takes 5 Adidas commercial, and have been frontmen for Adidas for years, same with JO and Amare for Nike
BlackMoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 09:35 PM   #15
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

can you back that up with statistics? about the big men not being able to sell?

i sure remember a lot of shaq products.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: