Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 12-21-2006, 09:59 PM   #16
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Big time Durant fan here. If I was a team with #1 pick, he'd be my guy
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:07 PM   #17
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Oden is a unique prospect that does not come along very often. As talented as durant is, his game is not as stand outish. I'll take Oden. i like his running mate Dequan Cook though. He's my guy. Hope sixers pick him up in a later pick.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:10 PM   #18
grover
I brick open layups

grover has an OK reputation so far
Default But whose shoes get bought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMoses
Uh, Duncan and KG are in the it takes 5 Adidas commercial, and have been frontmen for Adidas for years, same with JO and Amare for Nike

Whose shoes sell?

Jordan, Pippen(always wanted a pair, never got 'em), Kobe, TMac, Iverson, LeBron.

I doubt anyone could even tell you what Duncan's or KG's shoes look like!
grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:24 PM   #19
Ricardo Tubbs
High School JV MVP

Ricardo Tubbs has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
i sure remember a lot of shaq products.

From when? 1995?

Michael Jordan went from having his own shoe to having his own Nike sub-brand that alone could probably sell for a billion.

Shaq went from having his own shoe (whole damn line of sh!t, actually) to wearing Li-Nings.

Quote:
Uh, Duncan and KG are in the it takes 5 Adidas commercial

And why aren't they in their own shoe commercials anymore? Being in an ensemble commercial with Chauncey Billups (Does anybody give a rat's ass about Chauncey Billups?) and TMac (coughwashedupcough) isn't saying a whole lot. Even Gilbert Arenas has his own commercial now.

The closest thing to a big man that people liked as a shoe pitchman was Barkley. And he was 6'6".
Ricardo Tubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:43 PM   #20
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Honestly is a tough call based solely on skill and potential. I have to go with Oden though simply cause finding a quality center is almost impossible now.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:51 PM   #21
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

I hope that I am the first to say this, but im probably not...but:Kevin Durant will be a bust. The kid has a great jumper for a guy his height, but he is very clumsy, doesnt go into the post enough, and takes too many long jumpers. He will probably average around 15 points, 6 or 7 rebounds in the NBA, but he isnt going to be the superstar you guys want him to be until he bulks up, and starts getting physical.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:51 PM   #22
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

So I choose Oden.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 11:28 PM   #23
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

what a waste of space on your second post, just edit.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 11:43 PM   #24
miles berg
MFFL

miles berg is considered somewhat coolmiles berg is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Honestly is a tough call based solely on skill and potential. I have to go with Oden though simply cause finding a quality center is almost impossible now.

Seems to be a rebirth these days with Dwight Howard, Yao Ming, Amare Stoudemire, and soon Greg Oden. Four of the leagues brightest young players are centers.
miles berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 11:55 PM   #25
BlackMoses
High school junior varsity star

BlackMoses has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir
I hope that I am the first to say this, but im probably not...but:Kevin Durant will be a bust. The kid has a great jumper for a guy his height, but he is very clumsy, doesnt go into the post enough, and takes too many long jumpers. He will probably average around 15 points, 6 or 7 rebounds in the NBA, but he isnt going to be the superstar you guys want him to be until he bulks up, and starts getting physical.

I'm not too high on him either, I just think he'll be a slightly better version of Rashad Lewis
BlackMoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 12:00 AM   #26
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMoses
I'm not too high on him either, I just think he'll be a slightly better version of Rashad Lewis

The better version of a player that averages 22/7 with 49%FG / 40%3FG / 90%FT?

Slightly better then that is a star player for sure. . .
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 12:49 AM   #27
BlackMoses
High school junior varsity star

BlackMoses has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
The better version of a player that averages 22/7 with 49%FG / 40%3FG / 90%FT?

Slightly better then that is a star player for sure. . .

Sure, but that's nowhere near what Oden should be
BlackMoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 12:56 AM   #28
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
To me he looks like the most NBA ready freshman I can remember.

I guess you don't watch much college basketball cause Carmelo was more ready.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 04:13 AM   #29
Serge
Great young streetballer

Serge has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir

15/6or7 is far from a bust. And he won't be a bust.

If both Oden, and Durant come out they are both locked 1+2 Noah is so overrated it's not even funny awful.
Serge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 06:04 AM   #30
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i love all the new talent coming in

we got lebron/wade/melo/howard/bosh/amare just to name a few

we got oden/durant/hawes/budinger

and we got mayo/rose

and im sure im leaving out a few and a lot more with lots of potential

seeing these guys play bring back hope of a new golden era
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: