Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 12-22-2006, 08:08 AM   #31
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles berg
Seems to be a rebirth these days with Dwight Howard, Yao Ming, Amare Stoudemire, and soon Greg Oden. Four of the leagues brightest young players are centers.
Yes four of the league brightest stars are centers (I think of Amare as a PF but I also think of Dirk Nowitzki as a SF so ).

However look at the "talent gap" between to the top group of centers (Yao, Howard, and Shaq O'Neal) and the next group (Eddy Curry, Brad Miller, and Chris Kaman).

Getting a guy that can be a top C is harder that finding a top PF/SF.

Quote:
I hope that I am the first to say this, but im probably not...but:Kevin Durant will be a bust. The kid has a great jumper for a guy his height, but he is very clumsy, doesnt go into the post enough, and takes too many long jumpers. He will probably average around 15 points, 6 or 7 rebounds in the NBA, but he isnt going to be the superstar you guys want him to be until he bulks up, and starts getting physical.
Durant needs to bulk up but he reminds me a lot of watching Tim Thomas and Kevin Garnett as high school seniors and NBA rookies/NCAA Freshmen.

My biggest concern with Durant is does his frame allow him to bulk up without losing agility and athleticism?
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 08:38 AM   #32
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
what a waste of space on your second post, just edit.
But then my post count wont rise
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 08:40 AM   #33
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge
15/6or7 is far from a bust. And he won't be a bust.

If both Oden, and Durant come out they are both locked 1+2 Noah is so overrated it's not even funny awful.
Thats true, I guess I worded it wrong. What I meant was that he shouldnt be a top 3 pick because he will average 15 and 6, which arent superstar numbers. I just cant see him being a major success in the NBA because of his unwillingness to go into the paint, and get physical.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 11:13 AM   #34
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

I think Noah is overrated. I can't see wasting a top 3 pick on him.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 02:23 PM   #35
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMoses
I'm not too high on him either, I just think he'll be a slightly better version of Rashad Lewis

I like the Durant/Lewis comparison... i just hope Durant is able to take advantage of his size and quickness in the post instead of just hucking up threes and playing the perimeter all game.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 02:27 PM   #36
Kobe4life
Banned

Kobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
I think Noah is overrated. I can't see wasting a top 3 pick on him.

hes just antoher andreson varajao
Kobe4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 02:30 PM   #37
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe4life

Which isn't entirely bad, he just needs to be teamed up with another post player who scores down low.

Team him up with someone like Zach Randolph, Brad Miller, Carlos Boozer, etc...

Maybe even Sheed
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 03:09 PM   #38
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Durant needs to bulk up but he reminds me a lot of watching Tim Thomas and Kevin Garnett as high school seniors and NBA rookies/NCAA Freshmen.

My biggest concern with Durant is does his frame allow him to bulk up without losing agility and athleticism?

Pretty much my stance. Durant reminds me of TT his freshman year at Nova.

And I think the rest of you are underrating Joakim Noah. He's going to be a good player. I don't like his game cause when he gets the ball he shuffles his feet, Patrick Ewing style, but he has the tools to be a solid player. I think he'l l have trouble scoring in the NBA at first because right now it's just his size that allows him to score easily, but he seems to have the work ethic to get around that. He's a good passer, with very solid fundamentals. He isn't a Bogut level passer, but he'll make good passes and the type you can run an offense through as long as he's not asked to be the primary offense. I say a more athletic Brad Miller type. Flash him at the free throw line and he'll make good passes to cutters along the baseline. He's a really smart kid, and in the NBA as long as you understand the game, you'll have a place.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 03:20 PM   #39
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe4life
obviously you havent seen the man play...hes like a rich mans anderson that can pass
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 03:57 PM   #40
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
obviously you havent seen the man play...hes like a rich mans anderson that can pass

Noah is overrated, I think Horford will end up being better than him. I also think Brewer has a bright future as well.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 03:59 PM   #41
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
Noah is overrated, I think Horford will end up being better than him. I also think Brewer has a bright future as well.

Why? I like Horford more too, but why would you think this?
Old 12-22-2006, 04:04 PM   #42
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Why? I like Horford more too, but why would you think this?

Noah doesnt have anything that I see I translating great to the NBA except his energy. He has a spotty jumpshot with horrible form. Skinny frame and has not many post moves. It will work in college but in the NBA where people are stronger he will not be anything special. He wont be bad but he wont be an all star.

Horford on the other hand is strong as an ox. Has a decent jumper and seems to be adding to his post game on the daily basis. He could turn out to be a rich mans Haslem or could end up being better. PLus i love how he rebounds. I just see his body translating better to the NBA.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 04:18 PM   #43
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

All the things you've mentioned, jumper and skinny frames are workable issues when getting into the NBA. All the things he has already, good work ethic, great passing skills as a bigman, defensive instincts, are what make him more special than others. Noah gets a lot of baskets now cause of his size, but he has the toolset to adjust in the NBA. I'd be surprised if he's not a 15/10/4 player with 2 blocks after three or four years in the league. That's good enough for an allstar birth, especially if he's in the east. You can't measure how much heart and intelligence he has. I don't like his game all that much now cause it's choppy and he hasn't gotten timing down, but I don't doubt he'll be good. He's just too smart and hard working to not become a good player.

I like Horford more, mainly cause he is more of post player. Noah will go into the post and get baskets, but doesn't have the array of Horford. I don't think he has a decent jumper like you mentioned though. You can leave the guy open from 10 ft out and not worry. He plays hard, but no harder than Joakim, and picks up fouls at a faster rate.

The better NBA player might start out with Horford, but it'll end up being Noah in my opinion.

As for Corey Brewer being better than Joakim, I have no idea where you got that from. His ceiling is Josh Howard last year, but I don't think he'll even get there. He'll be a great role player for a championship level team, but won't be better than Noah, barring any injuries to Noah.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:19 PM   #44
Molson
Great young streetballer

Molson has an OK reputation so far

Oden has looked downright dominant at times and thats with one good hand (even half a hand at this point). Oden is going to be something special in the NBA.

The only thing that bugs me about Durant is the way he uses his size to drive to the net. His length just seems to hinder his speed a bit. He is going to have to change the way he gets to the net if he is going to succeed at an elite level in the NBA.
Molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 01:40 PM   #45
tbp82
Can barely lace up my sneakers

tbp82 has an OK reputation so far

Durant vs. Oden is simple. Oden hands down. You always take the big guy every time. Plus to the person who said this could be a Jordan Hakeem situation it took Jordan seven years to reach the finals Hakeem done it in two. No they didn't win it but Hakeem also didn't have the luxury of playing a Kareem less lakers or the Portland Trail Blazers or the suns. I think the Bulls may have played some of the worst teams ever in the finals but anyway. Hakeem over Jordan would still happen today because you build around bigs not wings. Anway Oden has the potential to be a game changing big man while Durant is a wing player. Oden's potential is David Robinson, Hakeem Olajawaun while Durants potential at best is Dirk. That's a no brainer there.
tbp82 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: