Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-06-2011, 08:07 PM   #541
colts19
I hit open 5-footers

colts19 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Replace Larry Bird with Dirk Nowitski on the 80s Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpprmn11
It seems to me none of you guys ever watched Bird. The team was stacked?Parrish was good @ GS, not hof material by any stretch. McHale was a decent center in college, would have been a very good pro anywhere, but hof material? No. Truth is Bird made these guys hof players, that was his greatness. Magic had Kareem, but made Worthy a great player, that is what sets them both apart from ANYONE. Oh, and DJ would not have made it to the hall either!!

Great Post!!!!!! I read all the time how stacked the Boston teams were and can never understand why people don't see the forest for the trees. Robert Parrish was a fine center but there is no way in the world that he would have been considered top 50 player or Hall of Famer if he had stayed a Golden State. I love Kevin Mchale but he never could have carried a team or made a team better in the way Bird or Magic could. Put he on the Pacers or some other average team and they still would have been average. He also would never have been a hall of fame or top 50 player.

Players like Bird, Magic and Walton had something special that just made them greater than their numbers.
colts19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: