Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Sneaker Forum

Sneaker Forum Sneakers message board - basketball shoes forum board, basketball gear forum

Old 04-26-2011, 03:36 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Marbury keeps working the shoe market in China

Stephon Marbury is trying to do big things in China, things far bigger than just playing professionally in the Chinese Basketball Association. Beyond aspirations ranging from becoming the head coach of the Chinese national team one day to formulating a strength program for Chinese youth that starts from birth, Marbury has been aiming to take over the shoe game by selling his low cost Starbury brand sneakers to the Chinese market. The logic behind the idea is easy to follow. In a country where only a small percentage of the population can afford Nikes and adidas — shoes which are sometimes marked up as much as 25% from their American prices — way more people can buy 198 kuai shoes (about $30, the price of a pair of Starbury’s) than those who can buy 1349 kuai (more than $200, the current price of LeBron 8s). And in China, where there are 1.3 billion people, “way more” could potentially mean hundreds of millions of customers. It’s not too tough to figure out why some people, including Marbury himself, are really excited about the opportunity. NIUbball
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:03 PM   #2
01amberfirewv
Serious playground baller

01amberfirewv has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Marbury keeps working the shoe market in China

I do really like what he is doing. I had a few pair and while they weren't the greatest shoes I have ever played in they were really good and better than a lot of others that I have paid much more for.
01amberfirewv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:23 PM   #3
one2

Default Re: Marbury keeps working the shoe market in China

Nice work by Starbury. Never a fan of him as a player but his shoe idea really rocks.

I owned a bunch of his shoes, shorts, and jerseys from when Steve and Barry's were still in business...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: